• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discbeeper

Six grams isn't anything to worry about...doesn't make much difference in most discs. Your average new quarter weighs 5.7 grams. Go pick up a quarter and feel how heavy it is. Depends on the disc, but personally I don't notice much difference until the 8-10 gram mark (assuming the molds are pretty much identical).

That said, I won't be buying one of these...not for $29.95. Fun idea, and I like the rechargeable aspect of it, but it doesn't seem that useful for the price. Looks like it's constructed well and the switch might be the only weak link in regard to dust/water contamination over time...as long as the usb terminal is protected.

Street price will be around $18-$20, not $29.95. Retail is $23.99 but minimum advertised price is $17.99. Also, the switch is IP67 rated which means that it is dust tight, and submersible for 1 meter for 30 minutes. It also requires 550 grams of force to activate so that sticks and rocks dont deactivate the beeper when the disc lands. The USB connector's contacts are non-corrosive so if any liquid gets inside, it will not cause any corrosion.

Good deal. $29.95 was in one of the photo comments on the facebook page...cheaper is certainly better and/or fair for this. Good luck with your venture!

Yea, I think very early on we were thinking this would need to be the price based on early manufacturing estimates, but we were able to reduce some of the costs. We hope that we are in the right ballpark with the pricing. We want to to be affordable for everyone.

Yeah that sounds ideal. I'll be picking one up for sure to give it a go. Will you be selling them at discgolfcenter.com?

And cool to hear on the removable version. I imagined just a simple twist-lock thing that would stay on the disc(s) and let you move the beeper to different discs.

That's great! Thanks for the interest and willing to give it a try. I think you will really like them. They really do work well and are designed to be a reliable tool, not just a novelty. The twist-lock idea is a good one, however, it requires a second piece that mounts to the disc which can easily add 4 grams or so. The current design's mold is about as conservative as we can get, so there is not really any more weight we can loose to make up for an additional mount. We are experimenting with latex and spandex pockets which mount to the disc and hold the beeper in place. Even a 2" circle of these materials with the required adhesive to mount to the disc add about 2 grams which is a total of 8 grams with the beeper. This is still very light, but we want to try to make everyone happy with the weight...