• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discgolfcenter.com raises prices

DGC is my local shop, although, I have only been up there once to check the place out. With their free shipping, it is actually cheaper for me to order them online than make the drive (about 40 mins each way). To be honest, it is actually easier to find the discs I am looking for online that it was in person. I have never seen so many discs in once place and I was way too susceptable to that impulse buy rather than getting just what I want/need.

Am I happy about the price increase? No. At the same time, if their costs are going up I much rather pay the slightly increased prices and have them around for the long haul than have them go out of business. IMHO, they have one of the best web sites for ordering discs where I can see their inventory as far as weight and color go, see the unique discs without having to wonder what will arrive, free shipping, and the return customer discounts. If the price increases are too great, there are other options to turn to, but even with the current price increases they still are cheaper that ordering through some other web sites with such a large selection when you factor in shipping and the discount program.

No, I do not work at DGC and am in no way affiliated or know anyone that is affiliated with DGC.

If you don't mind too much, then why did you post saying they have hiked the prices $1 "across the board"?

It's your decision if you'd rather get your discs through eBay or here on this site, which is fine, but it sure sounds like you're trying to throw a hissy fit for something that is not really a big deal. $1 on some products isn't that bad to me.

People on eBay often seem to try jack up the prices through shipping fees, so I am kind of surprised you'd prefer to buy off eBay. For me eBay's a joke especially if you're trying to buy new discs, and it really does feel like I have to go through a "minefield" sorting though all the prices/"hidden" fees.

Because they did.....

hey

Boycott
This is not kool. I was almost to 8%.
"discgolfcenter we have to break up, its not u, its me.... Wait! Who are we kidding, its def u and ur f**kin dollar increase!" we cant see each other anymore, its the principal."

If we boycott somebody...lets start with president...LOL!!!!

Projected cost of a gallon of milk by March 2012 is $7.22.

Last edited:
While I dont think DGC should be burned at the stake for their $1 increase, I do think this is as good of a time as any to support your local businesses. I have never actually ordered online and if you do, that means you do not participate in local leagues and tourneys which is the way to really help support your local club and vendors who help support you the local player.

It was ment to happen, but once you find the marketplace here. Its hard not to just buy from this site.

THE SKY IS FALLING OMG EVERYONE GET TO THE SHELTER! BRING CANNED FOOD AND PUTTERS, I'LL GRAB THAT TRAVEL BASKET!!!!

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LOOK UP!

It was ment to happen, but once you find the marketplace here. Its hard not to just buy from this site.
I'll have to take your word on that. I haven't bought anything from the marketplace here. It seems to be something I might benefit from down the road, but not right now.

Sometimes it's far easier to buy off online shops because the discs are new, and there's a return policy if anything goes awry. I just looked at the rules for the marketplace, there's no resolution for me if someone ripped me off, so I'd be slightly leery.

I'll have to take your word on that. I haven't bought anything from the marketplace here. It seems to be something I might benefit from down the road, but not right now.

Sometimes it's far easier to buy off online shops because the discs are new, and there's a return policy if anything goes awry. I just looked at the rules for the marketplace, there's no resolution for me if someone ripped me off, so I'd be slightly leery.

start off buying from the reputable guys first. If you have an issue with someone more than likely it will get resolved quickly, plus if you have neg feedback nobody will deal with you

seems to be only innova - i also noticed they are charging $1 more on unique discs

I have to admit i was really skeptical before i bought anything off of the marletplace here, but as it was stated, look for the reputable guys....they wont do you wrong, havent had one bad experience yet.

I have to admit i was really skeptical before i bought anything off of the marletplace here, but as it was stated, look for the reputable guys....they wont do you wrong, havent had one bad experience yet.

Yeah, that would be a sensible way to go. I'm tempted to just try the marketplace now, though!

I snapped up the last DGA Squall disc that Disc Nation (my local store few miles from my place) had couple of weeks ago. I'm tempted to try seeking out the Sparkle version.

I'm just trying to practice restraint from buying, buying, and buying more discs!

Someday, I'll let myself go.........

I'm just trying to practice restraint from buying, buying, and buying more discs!

I have been trying to tell myself the same thing for the last 3 or 4 months or so, saying "there's no way I need more than like 8 or 9 discs."

Guess what? I have 23 now, and 4 of them came from the marketplace HERE alone, and it doesn't seem like I'm slowing down. :doh:

My problem is I just like to try different discs all the time, so I continually buy buy buy.

Hi, my name is PryingOpenMy3rdEye, I'm a discahaulic.

Guess what? I have 23 now, and 4 of them came from the marketplace HERE alone, and it doesn't seem like I'm slowing down. :doh:

My problem is I just like to try different discs all the time, so I continually buy buy buy.

Yeah, I feel you. I have 65, and I just found a Champ Valk with no name/number today. Why do I need 66? I don't! Quite a few are actually back-up discs for whenever my go-to discs get lost/damaged. Is that a good excuse to go get more? :)

Good thing I don't buy plastic often, and I set the prices at the store I buy from...

lol, c'mon guys. It's a dollar, there are people paying xx (or xxx) amount of dollars to hang a ce disc on a wall, but you can't pay an extra dollar for a disc you'll actually throw. Business is business, can't have the same prices forever.