• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discgolfcenter.com raises prices

I have been trying to tell myself the same thing for the last 3 or 4 months or so, saying "there's no way I need more than like 8 or 9 discs."

Guess what? I have 23 now, and 4 of them came from the marketplace HERE alone, and it doesn't seem like I'm slowing down. :doh:

My problem is I just like to try different discs all the time, so I continually buy buy buy.

Hi, my name is PryingOpenMy3rdEye, I'm a discahaulic.

LOL i hear you. Ive only been playing a couple weeks and i have ten all ready. They do add up quick. I bought a five i think off of one member on here, and i just joined. Ill always look here first before i buy now that i know better.

Hate to tell you guys this, but a lot of the online disc vendors have been raising their prices recently because the manufacturers have increased their prices. Some of you only noticed DGC doing it because you did a lot of business with them. Boycotting them would be pointless because all of their competitors already have or will eventually do the same.

Truth be told the whole disc line price structure of:

Base Plastic = $7
Mid-Grade = $10
Candy Premium = $13
Grippy Premium = $15

has largely been there since I started playing disc golf in 2003 (or with the Grippy Premium since those discs started coming out in '05 or so). That's eight years with no increase, even as inflation has most definitely increased the price of everything else.

I noticed this today when I was perusing their site. I've been at the 8% level for I don't know how long, but I couldn't tell you the last time I ordered from there. I've bought more discs off of the marketplace here than I have anywhere else in the last 6 months. I understand them raising prices if the manufacturers did. I don't have to like it, but I do understand it. People can boycott if they wish, but I wouldn't call it a huge issue.

A star disc, at 8% off used to cost $13.79. It now will cost $14.71. That wouldn't keep me from buying it if I wanted it, but like I said, I buy more and more from the Marketplace.

I just noticed Dick at the gas station just bumped the price of my gas..

My discs are more expensive now.

I didn't get a raise!

What's next, the price of gold is gonna go up?

It amuses me when people get pissed that a business raised its prices (amazon with ebooks, Netflix, and now this). It doesn't even matter if the business "had" to because their own costs went up. If you don't want to pay the increased prices, then don't. If you gripe but still pay the increased prices, then the business was probably right to raise them.

How many successful businesses can you think of that never raised their prices?

A disc golf forum is really the ONLY place I can think of that would have this ridiculous of a conversation, besides maybe an internet forum for homeless people.

Seriously, a freakin DOLLAR, guys? Really? You are THAT broke? Have you ever heard of inflation????

A disc golf forum is really the ONLY place I can think of that would have this ridiculous of a conversation, besides maybe an internet forum for homeless people.

Seriously, a freakin DOLLAR, guys? Really? You are THAT broke? Have you ever heard of inflation????

The problem with this is that the disc prices are so elastic, that a $1 makes or breaks a deal. It's insane how many times I've been shot down because I didn't want to lower the price of a disc by a $1...

[RANT]When you consider that a lot of us are in the midwest, where its still rather common to be paid well under $10 an hour for most jobs. Yes a dollar is a good bit. I lived in LA for years, yes rent and a few things are more, but the standard pay is almost double what is standard in Central Texas. NOTE Im not saying Minimum wage, but standard working class avg pay.

Now think about the fact that we are still am paying the same high gas prices and OMFG energy bills, while starting with 35-40% total budget.

Please ask me if a dollar is worth much.[/RANT]

But yes I understand why retailers are going up. I would say more along the lines of the recent ability of Innova to release **** plastic at inflated prices with out the middle man might have also had something to do with it.