• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discgolfcenter.com raises prices

Pretty sure the only things that have gone up are the premium plastics. Pro D is still $7.99 and X is still the same

Yeah, anyone who advertises "free" shipping and then does a price hike can go straight to hell, not pass go, and DEFINITELY not collect 200 dollars.

Pretty sure the only things that have gone up are the premium plastics. Pro D is still $7.99 and X is still the same

Pro D used to be $7.49
Elite-X used to be $9.99 now its $10.99
Champion and Z used to be $12.99 now its $13.99
ESP and Star used to be $14.99 now its $15.99

I dont mind too much because I buy most of my stuff from the marketplace right here at DGCR or on eBay.

If anything this helps other sellers including us here that are regulars in the marketplace

If anything this helps other sellers including us here that are regulars in the marketplace

I agree 100%, I've only had a handful of trades or buys here, but I'd rather help out some people on here, than send my money to a website that none of us are really affiliated with anyway.

Ouch. Before we grab the torches, lets remember that they are still probably cheaper than most other sites, especially for smaller orders. Even if the disc is $1 more than MS, GGGT, or DD (or whatever), it takes a decent sized order to make up for the shipping, usually 3-5 discs.

The excellent customer service I've received has been more than enough for me to stick with Discgolfcenter, though the 8% helps too. Another bonus is that their site isn't a complete mess like some other online retailers.

try altitudediscgolf.com

Another example of the Man sticking it to us. Baggage fees, B of America with their $5 a month debit card usage and now this? What is a person to do? At least I am up to 5% percent off, so that now just offsets it.

Still cheaper than the local retailers around here. Dicks sporting goods and MC Sports up to 19.99 for Star Tye-dye!

They still got a few bugs to work out. Champ and star uniques are the same price as regulars now, increase didn't take effect yet. DX uniques are $8.49, only 50 cents more than regulars because they were a dollar more than the old $7.49 DX price.

Im new forgive me if i say it wrong but i looked at gottathrowgottago or whatever its called and i completely stopped my order because of shipping i thought ebay was bad. MN to MO does not take 6+ dollars for one disc..sorry ebay got my money. I dont know how a dollar is as it pertains to disc prices. It done seem to bad to me but then again like i said im new. On low end plastic im sure it could be over a 10 percent increase on by high end stuff it dont seem to bad....maybe its just me.

Pro D used to be $7.49
Elite-X used to be $9.99 now its $10.99
Champion and Z used to be $12.99 now its $13.99
ESP and Star used to be $14.99 now its $15.99

I dont mind too much because I buy most of my stuff from the marketplace right here at DGCR or on eBay.

If you don't mind too much, then why did you post saying they have hiked the prices $1 "across the board"?

It's your decision if you'd rather get your discs through eBay or here on this site, which is fine, but it sure sounds like you're trying to throw a hissy fit for something that is not really a big deal. $1 on some products isn't that bad to me.

People on eBay often seem to try jack up the prices through shipping fees, so I am kind of surprised you'd prefer to buy off eBay. For me eBay's a joke especially if you're trying to buy new discs, and it really does feel like I have to go through a "minefield" sorting though all the prices/"hidden" fees.

Ouch. Before we grab the torches, lets remember that they are still probably cheaper than most other sites, especially for smaller orders. Even if the disc is $1 more than MS, GGGT, or DD (or whatever), it takes a decent sized order to make up for the shipping, usually 3-5 discs.

The excellent customer service I've received has been more than enough for me to stick with Discgolfcenter, though the 8% helps too. Another bonus is that their site isn't a complete mess like some other online retailers.

^ this, plus they don't they advertise on this site, which helps keep the site going?

And while I now buy my stuff locally, I have purchased from DGC in the past. And while no one enjoys paying more, their free shipping is probably worth more than a buck. And they make it easy to see what color,weight, plastic they have in stock. Bet they're still one of the more cost effective places to by from, especially in you live in the boonies with no decent places to buy from near you. Still probably only 2nd (albeit a distant one) to The Throw Shop!

^ this, plus they don't they advertise on this site, which helps keep the site going?

I forgot to mention that in my post, but I'd be inclined to say you're right. They are also helping this site by advertising here having people go to their sites to buy discs, etc. I also doubt the company is a corporate behemoth out to gouge all of us out of our money.

At least everyone here have a choice to where to buy the stuff they want!

At least everyone here have a choice to where to buy the stuff they want!

May the non-denominationally specific diety of your choice, (or complete lack of diety, if you so believe) bless America! :thmbup: