• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discgolfcenter.com

Dgc seems to be moving away from the limited discs.

They used to stock Innova tour series but those have been gone for a while

DGC upped their website (at least mobile). Kind of looking similar to others now, but some cool features. I like it. Using their own Flight Chart, too.

Check it out.

I can tell I'm getting old, I don't take kindly to change!

Ok, why when I type Roc in the search bar do I get a slew of aviar P&A's?

Oh well, I'll get used to it.

Last edited:
That site had remained largely unchanged since at least 2009 (probably well before that) which is when I started back up playing after a 5-6 year hiatus.

At least I still get the "Excel" style spreadsheet to pick from once I choose the disc/plastic.

I still wish they had pictures of the disc you are buying, instead of stock picture with a bland color description. It's almost deceiving now....I was looking at Electron Matrixes. The pictures are all of white ones, but the description says pink,yellow, ect. They have pictures of the "unique" ones.

Example: I like MVP plasma plastic, but "orange" plasma can be awesome bright orange, or vomit colored. I'm kind of meh about the update. Fixing what wasn't broken imo.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling they really copied gotta go gotta throws template? Even the font/colors look similar.....

Yeah, without pictures of every disc they are still behind sites like Marshall Street and Infinite and a couple others.

I get that, for sure. Most sites take a pic of all discs. DGC is a still behind the curve, but they do take pics of "unique" discs (and charge a dollar more...), which is helpful. I guess it's never really bothered me cuz I am fine with getting whatever shade of pink/orange/etc, and don't care about stamp color.

I believe they take a pic of all the swirly type of plastics. Wouldn't make sense not to for those.

They are still ahead of G3T... where you have to inquire about discs colors and cross fingers. Don't get me wrong, I heart G3T; I literally got my discs delivered in less then 24 hrs!

This is why their prices are better though.

They used to be a dollar or two less per disc, now most places have similar disc prices. However, with free shipping and 10% rewards discount, they are still the cheapest option for myself. One drawback is how sluggish their shipping always seems to be... trade off I guess. Shrugs.

They also don't carry some of the more niche brands. This doesn't effect me though. Especially now that they have Kasta in stock regularly. Rekos are pretty cool.

I have spent a lot of money at DGC over the years but lately I've been finding myself checking Sun King Discs. They have a low threshold for free shipping and the disc typically gets to my house in PA in 2 days while DGC usually takes a week.

I really liked the old website, but after playing around on the new site for awhile, I like it. I especially like the "Compare this Product" feature where you can click on: faster, slower, more glide, less glide, more HSS, etc...
The flight chart is good too.
I also loved seeing the actual discs, but it isn't a deal breaker for me.
My only knock on DGC is their slow shipping, but my 10% customer rewards discount trumps that.

I can tell I'm getting old, I don't take kindly to change!

Ok, why when I type Roc in the search bar do I get a slew of aviar P&A's?

Oh well, I'll get used to it.
And yet searching for Aviar brings up no Rocs. :\

I mean I'm down with the cross-pressure of a "Throwing a Roc? C'mon, you need an Aviar as well" marketing scheme, but the road has to run both ways. :mad:

And yet searching for Aviar brings up no Rocs. :\

I mean I'm down with the cross-pressure of a "Throwing a Roc? C'mon, you need an Aviar as well" marketing scheme, but the road has to run both ways. :mad:

As it should be. Everyone should throw Aviars. Rocs, whatever. LOL!

Anyone else notice that their 'Customer Rewards' have been set back to zero? I've spent an embarrassingly large amount of money with them and always leaned on my 10% discount. Just because they reset their site doesn't mean they should've reset the loyalty program.

Put me in the category of liking the old site more. I appreciate their efforts to go to a new look, but I just find it... um... I dunno... busy?

Was about to buy an ESP BuzzzOS so I shopped around:

$16 - DGC (16 + free) ($15 with rewards) pictures only b/c it's swirly
$17 - Nailed It (16 + 1) pictures
$18 - Infinite (15 + 3) pictures
$18 - Sun King (17 + free + 1) pictures
$21.50 - Marshall (14 + 7.50) pictures
$22 - OTB (16.50 + 4 + 1.50) pictures - Not in stock so regular ESP Buzzz

DGC cheapest option around even without the rewards. The lack of pictures on run of the mill colors and an extra day or two of shipping is sometimes frustrating but it's really nothing imma fuss about.

Some of these other places offer free shipping after so much is spent, but my days of purchasing 4+ discs at a time are well behind me so that doesn't mean much to me.

Would've went DGC but local shop had a couple for $17 so I traded in discs and got one. :cool:

Anyone else notice that their 'Customer Rewards' have been set back to zero? I've spent an embarrassingly large amount of money with them and always leaned on my 10% discount. Just because they reset their site doesn't mean they should've reset the loyalty program.

Put me in the category of liking the old site more. I appreciate their efforts to go to a new look, but I just find it... um... I dunno... busy?

I went to checkout and I still have mine. Even worse, they show me a history of all my orders dating back a long time... Ha!

Latest posts