• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discgolfcenter.com

A good rule of thumb on 'free shipping'. The sender is very likely to use the least expensive method available.

On FedEx's end, think of your package as a passenger on a plane, except the plane takes off not on a timed schedule, but when a certain threshold of passengers are on board. A plane that is largely empty and has to burn fuel whether it's empty or full to get where it's going, makes no money.

Hope that helps.

I've had a very mixed experience ordering and having them ship over seas, which I'm grateful they do. I've had orders take less than 10 days up to a month and that is with shipping paid. In fact I am still waiting on an order that was placed a month ago while a larger one I placed mid month is set to arrive already. No idea where that first order ended up.

I always get my discs earlier than what they say, and they've got great customer service. I got a call just today to inform me that a color I picked wasn't in stock that it was an inventory error. Very friendly, vert helpful.

You get what you pay for. If it's free shipping, no one has the right to have ANY expectations on speed of delivery. They can send it by mule train for all I care. If I need something right away, I go with a vendor who I know ships fast and I pay a little extra for that.

Cool feature to be able to go back and look at your order histories. Shows I bought a lot from 2009 to 2012. Just noticed I am only $4 away from hitting the max 10% discount.

I have only ordered a couple of discs in the past couple of years, but when I do, I use DGC.

My only complaint is they still don't have the new Discraft swirly ESP and Ti discs. Didn't have the new MF PDs last I looked either.

C'mon DGC, take my money.

<cue crotchety old man voice> I remember when I would order hobby items by mail. Go to the P.O., get a money order, slap an 8 cent stamp on the envelope. 3 weeks later (if you were lucky) you'd get a box from the mailman.

For less than $50, they ship via FedEx/USPS, and FedEx is ridiculous. As I'm watching the tracking, it takes a day to go from DeBarry to Orlando. Then it goes towards the ATL to a FedEx post in Ellenville, GA, which is south of Atlanta. It sits there a day (and all weekend if it's the weekend), then goes to a FedEx "smartpost", sits THERE for a day, then is taken to a USPS distribution center.

It's better to order one disc, which will be sent via USPS with no tracking and get to me in three days, than order two discs that goes via FedEx and takes 7 to 8 days. If one orders over $50 in one order, it goes via pure FedEx and takes 3 days.

I love the 10% discount I get as well as free shipping. But if I want something fast, I know I might have to order from elsewhere or get over the $50 threshold...

I usually really dig DGC but my latest transaction has me kinda sour.

Their shipping leaves much to be desired.
I appreciate that it really is "free" but I don't understand how slowly it can move.

I ordered two discs on Thursday... It's now Tuesday and the disc are projected to arrive on Monday now. That's a bit of a stretch. I also understand that once DGC ships, it's out of their hands so it's not on them.

(Just got back from Vacay and was hoping to come home to New plastic... Didn't happen)

it's funny you say this...i just had the same experience with you.

yet i still order more and do not air dirty laundry (until i see hypocrisy).

it's funny you say this...i just had the same experience with you.

yet i still order more and do not air dirty laundry (until i see hypocrisy).
Always nice when people whine about something they get for free.

I'm amazed Disc Golf Center can provide me with the exact weight and color, or the exact disc (yay for unique!), all for less than my local retailers. AND ship it all the way across the country for free in a little over a week. It's always been worth the wait.

A good rule of thumb on 'free shipping'. The sender is very likely to use the least expensive method available.

On FedEx's end, think of your package as a passenger on a plane, except the plane takes off not on a timed schedule, but when a certain threshold of passengers are on board. A plane that is largely empty and has to burn fuel whether it's empty or full to get where it's going, makes no money.

Hope that helps.

Exactly as you stated. I have run shipping operations back before a forced early retirement and ran everything from same-day service to general shipping (free). Packages being delivered free will wait at a shipping out site until so many packages headed toward the same destination or general area are ready and then ship out to the customers. To just go and ship each independent package immediately, the "free" wouldn't last long once all those shipping charges started to add up. I order a lot of different items from Amazon and ALWAYS take the free shipping. If it's something I need RIGHT NOW, then that means a trip to the store and not ordered online.

I think a lot of us are complaining more about FedEx and their lack of timely reliability than we are about DGC. I have a problem with a company that states my expected delivery will be on a Thursday, and it shows up the following Wednesday, along with a tracking system that's pretty much worthless.

If I need something quick (which is rare now) I know where to get it. But if I'm just buying and stocking up on discs, no place beats DGC.

I've been ordering fro DGC for years. Simple enough, if I order four discs, its free and comes fast. If I've ordered one, it costs and comes slower. It's the whole profit cost thing.

Never had an order get lost, don't count the days but it's fast enough.

I love their online format better than any of the others I've used.

BTW, I agree with those that say FedEx stinks. Who'd of thought that UPS with that union thing would be much better? Well, I would, but I grew up in a union household and put myself through college working in a union lumbermill, so I'm biased.

I just got an order in from DGC today, Wade and his guys are amazing I even got a call because the color listed wasn't there and it came before the projected date, now that's just FEDEX not f*!¢king you one time, it's not DGC it's FEDEX they're sh!tty and ups is as well these days ($2000 recently lost in their hands) to my experience, the good old USPS is still the most reliable. But again thanks DGC!! for more exactly what I wanted.

I guess I'll throw two pennies out for DGC. I think it is the best place to shop for discs. The inventory is great, prices are the best, and the 10% off (albeit at the expense of knowing you've spent over $1000 in new discs...) is great! However, I will also complain about the shipping methods. It is what it is! I've been going through G3T lately (I'm in MN, hard to pass up getting discs in ~3 days, and they offer $5 off when you earn 100 points).

I'll also say DGC can be a little slow to get new releases up and inventoried. Infinite, G3T, MSt all has the new swirly ESPs quite a bit before DGC. Again, probably not a problem for the patient people!