• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I love the FD, it's the most secure mold in my bag. I also prefer the sFD, although all my s-lines are broken in so i end up throwing the cFD a lot for those super straight laser shots. The cFD holds the initial stability for a long time

I love the FD, it's the most secure mold in my bag. I also prefer the sFD, although all my s-lines are broken in so i end up throwing the cFD a lot for those super straight laser shots. The cFD holds the initial stability for a long time

My most thrown FD is an old S-Line that I got from Black Ink. It's still the most stable other than my 2nd run. I throw it 8-10 times every round, sometimes more.

Amazing disc.

My most thrown FD is an old S-Line that I got from Black Ink. It's still the most stable other than my 2nd run. I throw it 8-10 times every round, sometimes more.

Amazing disc.

I still carry mine but my RR FD2s have almost completely replaced my FD. I can throw the FD2 out to nearly 425' with minimal turn or 300' dead straight. They are remarkably similar, with the FD2 being just a bit more overstable. Now, I only throw the FD if I need more right turn than the FD2 will provide.

Still an awesome disc but DM has really nailed it with the FD2. :clap:

I still carry mine but my RR FD2s have almost completely replaced my FD. I can throw the FD2 out to nearly 425' with minimal turn or 300' dead straight. They are remarkably similar, with the FD2 being just a bit more overstable. Now, I only throw the FD if I need more right turn than the FD2 will provide.

Still an awesome disc but DM has really nailed it with the FD2. :clap:

You have the arm for it. I love it to but it doesn't replace the FD for me. Instead I'm using the FD2 for touch sidearms since it's easy to control the turn with release angle and it powers down better than my FD3s.

The FD is still the fairway king :thmbup:

I use my FD2 A LOT out at Capital City. Fantastic course. Long, pretty open with LOTS of OB. Anytime you guys come this way, hit me up and I'll show you there or Shelbyville. Both great courses and well worth the drive.

I loved my FD S-lines when new. However, once they break in they seem to get too close to the Leopards for me. The C-lines seem to be more stable, but I like the S feel better so I moved to TL star now for my straight fairway shots.

How can the NS2 not be hyped up? It is so good it almost beats my perfect hyzerflip to straight Explorer out of my bag.

Also grabbed an old really beat in C-FD for 8$ and it is amazing, small dome and slightly pearly so my guess is 3rd run? Almost as stable as the NS2... <3

Attachments

• DSC_1275.jpg
    DSC_1275.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_1207.jpg
    DSC_1207.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 44
How can the NS2 not be hyped up? It is so good it almost beats my perfect hyzerflip to straight Explorer out of my bag.

Also grabbed an old really beat in C-FD for 8$ and it is amazing, small dome and slightly pearly so my guess is 3rd run? Almost as stable as the NS2... <3

Looks like a 3rd run, hard to tell from the pics. I would love to get my hands on one of those.

NS2 is really good, much better than the recent C-Line runs for me. Outside of the 2nd run I have never thrown a C-Line I liked. All my S-Lines are more stable than C-Line. Guess I hit the load on a good S-Line run.

Looks like a 3rd run, hard to tell from the pics. I would love to get my hands on one of those.

NS2 is really good, much better than the recent C-Line runs for me. Outside of the 2nd run I have never thrown a C-Line I liked. All my S-Lines are more stable than C-Line. Guess I hit the load on a good S-Line run.

It is barely pearly and the pearls just looks like scratches on the picture... :p
Shoulders but almost flat top, must have been really stable fresh since it flies like a perfect FD at this stage.

Since I'm a hyzerflip dominant wooded course player, the NS2 is even more stable than what I would call perfect but with that mild dome it might just be the best feeling speed 7 I ever held. Once beat in enough to get a slight turn on a 350' hyzerflip, I'm quite sure this will be what most wish the NS1 is (I love the NS1 for slow small turnovers).

I love the 3rd run. They were the perfect feeling FD's. Just slightly gummy, a nice gradual shoulder, and flew just slightly more overstable than the standard C-FD flight. Stoked that I still have a small stack of them so I don't have to try and hunt down similar feeling/flying replacements!

I'd agree that you probably nabbed one that is right in the sweet spot for flying perfectly.

I've looked back a few pages and think I have my answer but would like some confirmation.

I have a NS1 and an NS2 in my bag.
I got the NS1 used (rated 8/10 but that was super conservative). The NS2 I bagged fresh.

The 2 discs do not fly similar. The NS1 is hyzer flip to flat and even to turnover. My NS2 on the other hand is, in comparison, quite HSS. It might flip flat (note I'm at about 3300 feet so altitude plays a role here).

Are the NS1s noticeably less HSS than the NS2?

My only other FD experience is what I would assume is a current run C-Line that is quite domey and very HSS. It can, to some extent be thrown on a baby flex line. My NS2 is somewhat similar. There is zero chance my NS1 would come out of an anhyzer. On that line it's turning right all the way.

I ask because I'm curious if I should be adding another NS1 to my bag for understable duties (the alternative is to beat up my NS2 but we don't have heavily wooded courses that would allow that to happen within the next 2 years).

As an aside I'm also really liking the FD2. The step from the NS1 to NS2 to FD2 in terms of stability is really nice. Same shot and hit with just increasing HSS and fade. The FD2 should get some more appreciation...it's what I wanted my Star Eagle Ls to be but they were just too OS. The FD2 feels and flies like an older opaque flat PFN 11x Champ Eagle L.

^^I picked up a like new NS1 in a used bin and it's definitely on the flippy side for an FD. Dude at the shop said that's pretty typical for the NS1.

I ask because I'm curious if I should be adding another NS1 to my bag for understable duties (the alternative is to beat up my NS2 but we don't have heavily wooded courses that would allow that to happen within the next 2 years).

Check out the latest run of Luster FD's. They're the flippiest run I've found in recent years. It might be the immediate replacement you're looking for.

Check out the latest run of Luster FD's. They're the flippiest run I've found in recent years. It might be the immediate replacement you're looking for.
I'm not sure if that's true for all of them, though. I have three of the recent run: Two that are definitely less stable than a typical C-FD, but also a purple Valentine's Day stamp one that's nearly as stable as NS2.

There's always S-FD, too, if you want something that'll turn and finish straight.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk