• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

before people couldnt give away those crappy domey star ones

and now people are willing to pay premium for them

before people couldnt give away those crappy domey star ones

and now people are willing to pay premium for them

I wouldn't necessarily call them crappy - they have the least amount of fade of any FD I've tried, and if you put them out at 80 percent power and with a couple degrees of hyzer they would go SUPER far.
I know your question was mostly rhetorical, but they are worth more simply because they are not made anymore.

I wouldn't necessarily call them crappy - they have the least amount of fade of any FD I've tried, and if you put them out at 80 percent power and with a couple degrees of hyzer they would go SUPER far.
I know your question was mostly rhetorical, but they are worth more simply because they are not made anymore.

no i was serious i had no clue why they are now in demand it really makes no sense to me especially with the different runs of fd that are now available

fwiw i liked my domey star jackal stamped fd for bh in the woods but they would be on the mp for 8 shipped and no one would buy them

i hope i still have mine laying around somewhere but its been several years since

Early on I had my farthest throw with a Jackal FD, a monster flex thrown from the javelin pad over a track field. It caught a little gust and picked up 30 feet of vertical before gliding over concessions, crossing the fence and skipping across the road. Still in my top 5 all time.
All that said, I only own one of them now and it's just for nostalgia. Too domey for my taste.

Last edited:
Where can I find an fd that doesn't cost an arm and leg? This is the only disc that is never cheap.

???

D-line FD's are like $8.

S-line and C-line are probably about $14 or $15.

I think my swirly S-lines with the Jackal stamp were about $18.

Are older runs fetching more or something?

36de3308043de035d13c154ff4c3d8f9.jpg

???

D-line FD's are like $8.

S-line and C-line are probably about $14 or $15.

I think my swirly S-lines with the Jackal stamp were about $18.

Are older runs fetching more or something?

36de3308043de035d13c154ff4c3d8f9.jpg
Second run is more overstable and they are really expensive as well

I was talking to the guys at the Discmania warehouse and they told me that the latest run of the swirly s-lines were pretty overatable and that they felt they flew just like the second run FDs. I haven't thrown mine yet to confirm this or prove otherwise. I picked them up as backups for the s-lines I am currently throwing.

I was talking to the guys at the Discmania warehouse and they told me that the latest run of the swirly s-lines were pretty overatable and that they felt they flew just like the second run FDs. I haven't thrown mine yet to confirm this or prove otherwise. I picked them up as backups for the s-lines I am currently throwing.

The DM dudes are correct. Your new swirlys won't be a good backup for your current s-lines, they will be a more OS compliment to them.

I could use a little more beef in my FDs. It will be a while before I get to the swirlys unless I start losing them like crazy. I bag two of them and have three more regular s-lines on standby. Once those five discs are gone or no longer serviceable I'll get to the swirlys.

Having thrown mine many times now, the swirly FD's are on the slightly OS side of a standard FD. That said, they're not 2nd run FD OS.

Having thrown mine many times now, the swirly FD's are on the slightly OS side of a standard FD. That said, they're not 2nd run FD OS.

yeah... definitely not second run. they are a bump up from FD's but still closer to an FD than a second one.

yeah... definitely not second run. they are a bump up from FD's but still closer to an FD than a second one.

I have 2 lightly worn second runs, both around 169g. Haven't thrown them in a while. I'll take them out with a 168g and 175g swirly and report back. My initial impression of the swirlys is they are every bit as HSS as the second runs.

I have 2 lightly worn second runs, both around 169g. Haven't thrown them in a while. I'll take them out with a 168g and 175g swirly and report back. My initial impression of the swirlys is they are every bit as HSS as the second runs.

Update?

I picked up a small stack of swirly S-Line FD with the huk stamps. I think this is the same run being referred to above.

They aren't 2nd runs, not even close.

They are amazing however. Flatter than normal, really nice and stable, but not OS.

Latest posts