• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Ordered 2 frantically without seeing the limit of 1. Looks like they're doing a good job canceling extras and quickly making them available again.

Ordered 2 frantically

Frantically is a good description.

I was logged in and had another item already in my cart and had Apple Pay ready to go.

When they showed available I quickly scrolled down to the weight range I was looking for. Paid zero attention to the colors and added one to my cart.

Tried to check out and an item in my cart was no longer available.

Tried again quickly and no luck.

Finally managed to check out on my third attempt.

Looks like I got an orange one with a purple stamp. Since the majority of my FDs are orange this one should fit right in.

I had zero issue getting one

but I didn't log in until 15 minutes after they opened so the initial rush was probably gone

and I only had orange and a choice of stamp. I probably would have chosen a pink

but bottom line not a bad experience (well except the price and shipping in USD to converted to CDN)

but bottom line not a bad experience (well except the price and shipping in USD to converted to CDN)

If it makes you feel any better I live roughly fifty miles (80 kilometers for some of you, eh.) from the warehouse and between shipping, state taxes, county taxes, and city taxes, it added $10 to my order.

Got 2 at PIAS today, 175g orange and 170g blue. They had one left after me and the other shop in town sold out quick.

I have one NS1 from a used bin that's on the US side and I understand the NS2 was slightly OS. These have a moderate dome, the plastic really is boobies.

Managed to snag one as well, I've been using the NS2 as the overstable compliment to my dx teebird (US) and luster FD (stable)

I tried for a pink/peach one initially and it sold out before I could pay, managed to snag an orange/emerald instead so it'll match the NS2 I have.

If it makes you feel any better I live roughly fifty miles (80 kilometers for some of you, eh.) from the warehouse and between shipping, state taxes, county taxes, and city taxes, it added $10 to my order.

ok
that does make me feel better

$11us to get to Canada

ok
that does make me feel better

$11us to get to Canada

That seems reasonable.

It cost me $7 to have mine shipped 50 miles. An additional $4 to have it travel twenty times as far sounds like a bargain.

I haven't heard from Discmania about cancellation of the second NS3. Has anyone seen their order update?

You should have gotten an email with your order confirmation when you checked out.

If you scroll down it should show what you ordered. (The pictures aren't accurate but the descriptions should be. Note my red FD is actually red and not yellow.)

They said it would be three or four days before they started shipping out the orders but you should get a shipping confirmation as well when it ships.

ab87b3ee54e163ff3fddc948035931f9.jpg

Well I tried an Opto River today. I can confirm it is extremely close to the older more understable S-Line FD's with lower PLH. They seem to hit the same lines for me. It's possible the river has slightly more turn and fade, and slightly more glide, but they're close enough where I can't say for sure. Caveat being that the last of these FD's that I have is not new, it may be slightly worn.

Of course most people seem to love the new FD runs, but I just thought this might be helpful to some.

I've thrown mine for a few rounds. For reference I bag a flippy (jackal era) s-line, worked in c-line, and recent swirly s-line. I'd say the NS3 is flying with less stability than c-line, and definitely has more dome with a nice small pop-top. Great glide. Mine has more dome and stability than my NS1.

This new c-line FD- give me a picture of how the turn and fade breaks in. There isn't much fade to begin with, will that go away completely? Does it gain turn more first, or lose fade first?