• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Just checked out a few c-FDs at the wrightlife today. Much less domes than the s-fd. Very tempted to pickup the bright green 170g.

My beautiful S-FD-

Aew1F.jpg

And I gather that C-FDs are gonna be production? I prefer the S-Lines over the Russian ones I've tried.

Looks like that would be easy to lose in the fairways

C-FD are production and I have 2 on the way from mst

i got to throw my 175 CFD yesterday. I has moderate dome. From the PLH the dome follows the shape of the wing all the way to stamp then levels off. Took a little while to get the feel for it. Much more dome than my S-Line that i have. Anyways my CFD reminded me of the stability of a new champ leopard, only farther. I could really lean into this disc and not get turn and burn. It will not flip from a hyzer and track left to right at the moment, once it breaks in some this is going to be an awesome driver! Powers down extremely well too. All in all i am happy. It really likes to lock onto a line and go that way it seems.

Ive thown a blue 170 C line a lot this weekend. Plh was pretty well centered. Nice dome, domier than the test C line i threw last month, and slightly mellower than the russian ones ive seen.

Plastic was on the stiffer side but very tacky, it felt awesome. It was only a bit more hss than my domey blue s line of the same weight. Lss was about the same. Not much difference in glide between C and S. a very nice compliment to the S lines that have less dome and stiffer plastic which i find to be very quick to turn and not fade nearly as hard if at all.

sounds like C line will be a nice wind addition compared to S. are they champ tee bird reminiscent?

Not in my experience. I've thrown a couple of the original run of Russian ones, and they were just as flippy.

Maybe this production run will be more stable, that'd be nice.

C lines are more stable than the s lines, but they're no teebird.

Ya, this. Powered down they will fly a lot of te same lines. Powered up and the hss difference is a lot more noticable.

Outside of some variance in molding and such, this is not going to be able to replace a newer TB. Would def replace TL or Leo out of the box, or a beat TB maybe.

I was looking at the local PIAS and saw that some C FD were really flat and some had a good dome to it. Anyone mess with them enought to tell which is going to have less high speed turn?

I'd be interested in getting both flat and domey. Just wish these would pop up at DN soon.

my domey CFD has no where near the same amount of high speed turn as my flat SFD. The more dome this disc has definetly correlates to the more stable/overstable it is.

Ive thrown my production run c-fds a couple times now, and initial impression is they arent as stable as the early Russian CFR.

To start, the dome on mine are a lot flatter than my CFRs. The dome on the CFR goes all the way to the rim, while the productions are flat on top for about 5-6" then gradual dome to the edge.

They fly more like the production s-lines but a tick more stable. Definitely a good compliment to the s lines. The CFRs use to have a decent fade, while the productions seem to have less lss and after the turn, end up pretty straight

I would agree with that ^^
I really like my production C line. Flies like i was hoping a champion TL would. I imagine if you beat one in they probably would fly really similar. I was looking for less HSS right away and these are perfect.

I've had the C-lines in my bag for a few rounds now and I couldn't be more impressed. I have 2 that are super flat and 1 that has a slight dome. I prefer the flat as a compliment to my S-lines. They do whatever is asked of them. They feel and fly like the Buzzz of fairway drivers. I have been impressed by how well they handle low lines with full power. They are slowly bumping discs out of my bag. I haven't had any issues going from a Buzzz to FD to Destroyer. This might be the dream driver of mold minimilists.

I'm getting about the same distance as my TDs and PDs. They have tons of glide but it feels like a very controlled glide. This was my personal gripe with Finnish discs. They're packed with tons of glide but I would often over shoot my intended mark or the wind would throw them around. The C-line FDs have a controlable, point and shoot nature about them while still going VERY far. Discs change I'm my bag and this has just been my 2 cents after throwing the FDs very heavy for 4 rounds but I know a good disc when I throw one and this is a good disc!

soo yeah,i picked up a few of the new run cfd's and they are so nice,well atleast the flat ones are. i have yet to throw the domey ones and probably wont because it doesnt feel right in the hand. the ones i have arent fb flat but are pretty flat for an fd. still has the high shoulder but after that the dome flattens out. mine are all the same and pretty hss with no turn. these fly like a fresh candy qjls. i have thrown these flatties in headwinds and they soar super straight like my ce qjs do in a calm wind.*so far i like them as a stable compliment to my qjs instead of breaking out fresh ce qjs for that spot. i love the feel and grip on them as well. whatever new blend innova has atm,its nice and stiff with a slight pearl. these cfd feel just like my 3r cpd's and the new flat run of md2.*i think i might need to hoard* :)

btw the pd is the dream driver of mold minimalists ;)