• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

i keep checking the proshop for g-star fd's... anyone have any info as to when some test runs will release?

No idea if they're even in production yet, all I've heard is Dave Dunipace talking about it months ago.

(seinfeld theme)

bow bow bow bow bow bop bop bow bow bop bop bop bow bow

wabba ba BUMP!

I like seeing this thread on the first page.

ALL HAIL THE JACKAL!

I recently traded away my domey C FD and am starting to miss it so I ordered a pink one from Marshall Street, figuring it wouldn't be a second run since that was where I got the original from. Got my box today and I was pleasantly surprised to find a flat C FD. All my other second runs are orange or yellow so I'm stoked to find a different color :D

The downside is I still want a domey jl FD if anyone knows who has those in stock.

I recently traded away my domey C FD and am starting to miss it so I ordered a pink one from Marshall Street, figuring it wouldn't be a second run since that was where I got the original from. Got my box today and I was pleasantly surprised to find a flat C FD. All my other second runs are orange or yellow so I'm stoked to find a different color :D

The downside is I still want a domey jl FD if anyone knows who has those in stock.

Ordered a pink and green one from this seller, both domey. http://m.ebay.com/itm/290789809226?nav=SEARCH - might want to contact them to make sure though.

Just got my order from huklab today, and included were two 3rd run JL FD's 175g! the dome looks almost identical to my s line collection.

I know the JL is know for the glassy look and good grip (both of which it has). When looking at it in a static position it looks very translucent, but extremely pearly when you shift them around. It looks a lot like some flat top champ orcs that I have from 2004 era (the opaque pearl look) when the light hits it just right.

I'm very excited to throw these bad boys to see if they make the bag (I already have two sweet spot S lines and two 2nd run FD's currently)

Does anyone bag S line FD's as well as both 2nd and 3rd run champs?

If they're like the first run (which were domey, but stiff plastic) then they'll be more stable than your s-lines but not windfighters. I doubt we're ever going to see another batch like the 2nd runs.

Just got my order from huklab today, and included were two 3rd run JL FD's 175g! the dome looks almost identical to my s line collection.

I know the JL is know for the glassy look and good grip (both of which it has). When looking at it in a static position it looks very translucent, but extremely pearly when you shift them around. It looks a lot like some flat top champ orcs that I have from 2004 era (the opaque pearl look) when the light hits it just right.

I'm very excited to throw these bad boys to see if they make the bag (I already have two sweet spot S lines and two 2nd run FD's currently)

Does anyone bag S line FD's as well as both 2nd and 3rd run champs?

I have, it's a good combo. 2nd run for go left (rhbh), 3rd or first for go straight, and a seasoned S-line for turnovers.

If anybody has a bad need for the 2nd runs There's about 5 or 6 up at the local shop and I doubt they'll be selling anytime soon. Pm me if you need them, I'll pick em up and help you out. If youre in the Ann Arbor area they're at CJ's Party Store

If anybody has a bad need for the 2nd runs There's about 5 or 6 up at the local shop and I doubt they'll be selling anytime soon. Pm me if you need them, I'll pick em up and help you out. If youre in the Ann Arbor area they're at CJ's Party Store

Yep! They're all max weight in Yellow or Green. Maybe they used to have some 170-ish pink ones, but I wouldn't know anything about that.. :)

Lol I have a pinky it's 167 and a blue 175 that seemed to be from the same batch but had more dome and seems to be more understable.

I have, it's a good combo. 2nd run for go left (rhbh), 3rd or first for go straight, and a seasoned S-line for turnovers.

QFT

I dropped the 3rd run from my bag though. Instead of having an extra FD to go straight, I hyzer flip the s-line, thrown flat works great on anhyzers around 300ish ft.

that's what I was thinking, I'm used to working an S line for hyzer flips and low powered flat releases. I love the idea of the 3rd run (and the feel and look), but for the sake of my streamlined quasi minimalist bag I feel having three distinct runs might muddle up the thought process. Mind that I still have yet to throw my 3rd runs... I've just fondled them the past two days :|

I recently noticed that Jussi had posted a picture of a brand new G-line FD on Instagram, with Deep in the Game stamp. The wait is almost over it seems.

Latest posts