• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Swirl S FDs are more stable than regular S lines for sure. I think they throw with about the same stability if not more than the 5th run C lines.

Also, if the 6th run C lines are actually more stable I will cream my pants. I have 3 max weight orange 6th runs on the way. I will report back.

As much as I want to try out the 6th run FD, I'm much more interested in those metal flake FD's that have been popping up. Hopefully a real run will be out soon.

As much as I want to try out the 6th run FD, I'm much more interested in those metal flake FD's that have been popping up. Hopefully a real run will be out soon.

If the metal flakes are more stable I'll be tracking them down asap. Anyone have the down low on metal flake FDs?

I only have 1 FD, its a Champ Glow 175g. It is so excellent. not flippy by any means, just as advertised 7/6/-1/1.25

FD really is a gem, its like a TL was flattened out a lil bit.

If the metal flakes are more stable I'll be tracking them down asap. Anyone have the down low on metal flake FDs?

From my understanding, the profile and flight is just like the pearly third run (just they are not pearly). Nice profile, great feel in the hand and slightly more stable than the average FD.

(my rank in stability)

-third run

-fourth run

-5th run

-third run pearly

-First run (especially pop tops!)

-Second run

I got a chance to throw my 6th run's last night(1 blue and 1 green) along side 1 of each previous run. Here's my feedback and where I think they fit into the flight chart of C-FD's.

Very similar shape to the 3rd Run C-FD(Non-pearly). Probably the flattest C-FD I've seen other than the 2nd run's. Still has an amazing amount of glide. Can handle a good amount of power without turning. The plastic is really grippy for not being gummy. The rim is opaque(similar to the first run of C-CD2's). A really pretty run.

Here's how I see them fitting in. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th spots are really close for me and could have gone in any order. I gave the nod to the 3rd pearly because I really like that run.

(Overstable to understable)
1. 2nd Run
2. 3rd Run (pearly)
3. 1st run
4. 6th run
5. 5th run
6. Glow FD
7. 4th run
8. 3rd run (Non-pearly)

Last edited:
I still can't figure out why people are searching out 'boutique' cFDs when the sFD is truest by far to how the disc is supposed to fly - and it's an amazing disc. As a former teebird thrower (and 11x KC pro TBs at that) I can say that chase is not for me. When the ones I liked started spiking in price that's when I moved on to PDs.

I mean, to each their own, but when those 2nd run cFDs run out or are $50+, what do you do then? I love FDs and have been throwing them as long as they have been out, and the S-Line is still the best version of the disc imo.

While I do agree that the 2nd run cFDs are 'boutique', they simply cannot be compared to ANY other run of FD, so your example is not as comparable as if someone were trying to chase down, say, 3rd run cFDs. I do see your point though.

Personally I've always enjoyed the way that the S-Lines fly when they're fresh, but as soon as they start to wear in a bit they just don't have a place in my bag (I already have a worn C-Line in that spot ;)). I prefer the C-Lines since they tend to cycle a little more slowly and consistently for me and have enough of a variance in flight throughout the lineup that I can carry several different runs that all have different jobs on the course.

I still can't figure out why people are searching out 'boutique' cFDs when the sFD is truest by far to how the disc is supposed to fly - and it's an amazing disc. As a former teebird thrower (and 11x KC pro TBs at that) I can say that chase is not for me. When the ones I liked started spiking in price that's when I moved on to PDs.

I mean, to each their own, but when those 2nd run cFDs run out or are $50+, what do you do then? I love FDs and have been throwing them as long as they have been out, and the S-Line is still the best version of the disc imo.

my two favorite flavors of FD are s line and 2nd run c.

sline is my fav , gstar my least fav. most let down by pline (too gummy) the purest flight goes to 4th run/glow

let us not forget hybrid, flies on the faster side like 2nd runs but has significantly less hss. They pair well together.

right now I bag a flat 1st run Fd2, 4th run and sline, all well used. those 3 cover a lot of lines

Last edited:

The only markedly different and higher priced C-FD run is the 2nd run.

1st,3rd,4th,5th, and initial reports point to the 6th runs being that usual C-FD flight: GLIDEY and can be put on any line, the elusive beefy champ leopard/perfectly seasoned champ Teebird characteristics.