• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Have a couple MF FD's on the way, from the description it sounds like they are the 6th run molded up in MF plastic, should be pretty tasty!

I only got an SFD and its getting pretty beat. It's not doing super straight lines anymore. My shop unfortunately doesn't have any s-lines left, they do have a few c-lines tho. I'm not too excited when it comes to champion plastic, but I *need* a straight flying versatile fairway driver. How does a fresh cfd fly compared to a fresh sfd? Is the glide similar? How do they break in compared to the s-line?

I see your remark about speed 7 and below, and dig it, but if you can find a S-CD2 in like 170 (or even lighter if you can find it), it might be an interesting alternative for more distance.
I carry S and C FDs (5th and 6th run) and they are very similar but the C is a little more stable and maybe slightly less glide.

Have you tried a Kastaplast Kaxe Z? Speed 6 and its a great straight flying fairway. K1 plastic is like Star plastic, but better.
That might actually be an even better option for you.

A fresh c-line is going to have less high speed turn and more fade to start out with. Glide will be similar, but obviously the s-line is going to have just a little bit more glide right out of the box. That said, c-line FD's are awesome. They break in slowly and stay in that sweet spot for much longer than the s-lines do.

I only got an SFD and its getting pretty beat. It's not doing super straight lines anymore. My shop unfortunately doesn't have any s-lines left, they do have a few c-lines tho. I'm not too excited when it comes to champion plastic, but I *need* a straight flying versatile fairway driver. How does a fresh cfd fly compared to a fresh sfd? Is the glide similar? How do they break in compared to the s-line?

CFDs are great. They take a bit to get that easy laser hyzer flip like the s line, but they stay there a long time. I have always preferred that to the s line's quicker transition to flippy.

Anyone else notice weird serrated edges on their 6th run FD's? My two blue ones both have them on parts of the rim.

My shop restocked on sFDs so I bought a new one. My old is a 168g, new one is 175g. The new one has perhaps a slightly taller plh and has a flatter dome. Its feels like it's more understable and has better glide than my old one was when it was new. It's not very understable, it's pretty much exactly 7 6 -1 1, the old one was more teebird like when it was new, more 7 5 0 2. Maybe it's just my arm getting a little bit faster.

Any more feedback on the new metal flake FD's?

I've only gotten a few throws in with mine, but first impressions are that it's pretty stable for an FD. For sure more stable than any of my new swirly S-line's.

Which run(s) could C-line with no pat #, no bubbles, and very very domey be? Expected stability?

My only reference is a singe S-line that I have thrown from fresh (hyzer flip to laser) to beat stages (hyzer flip to controlled turnover), and very long for a fairway. These C-lines I spotted are more domey than the S-line.

Would it just be best to compare PLH to the S-line or will it be potentially very different just due to plastic change too?

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic.

I just got an S-Line FD Jackal a few days ago, used from 'Play It Again Sports'.

I think, considering the graphic on it, they should rename it the FD Angry Kitten. :D

Flies great, BTW. Incredibly straight with slight fade at the end. But for some reason, despite the fact that it's red with white logo, it just DISSAPPEARS in the grass. Weird.

Sorry I can't help with answers on new models or C-line.

Flies great, BTW. Incredibly straight with slight fade at the end. But for some reason, despite the fact that it's red with white logo, it just DISSAPPEARS in the grass. Weird.

I have trouble seeing dark colored discs, as well. Purple, black, dark red, etc., especially Star plastic. I have an Echostar Tern that flies absolutely great for me, but it's red, and I actually stepped on it once while looking for it in open grass.

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic.

I just got an S-Line FD Jackal a few days ago, used from 'Play It Again Sports'.

I think, considering the graphic on it, they should rename it the FD Angry Kitten. :D

Thankfully Discamania changed their stamps up not too long ago. The new shield stamps are much classier.

Threw my buddies MF FD's. I dont have a ton of experience with the FD, but brand new, it flew slightly more stable than I expected, which I liked.

Which run(s) could C-line with no pat #, no bubbles, and very very domey be? Expected stability?

My only reference is a singe S-line that I have thrown from fresh (hyzer flip to laser) to beat stages (hyzer flip to controlled turnover), and very long for a fairway. These C-lines I spotted are more domey than the S-line.

Would it just be best to compare PLH to the S-line or will it be potentially very different just due to plastic change too?

5th run C-PD. they are bombers.

these are among the most popular runs because they closely mimic super beat in champion teebirds (like teebirds that people have seasoned for years) but have even more glide right out of the box.

if you have a lot of power (like 450ft power or Eagle McMahon power) they can be flippy out of the box, but even simon lizotte bagged 5th runs for a long time (and used them for normal shots).

i've gone through two 5th run C-PD's and I love them. they are the first drivers where I was totally confident throwing max weight and not afraid of losing potential distance. it took two seasons of playing in the woods to get to the point where the 5th runs were a little too flippy /squirrelly.

they are right in between beefy champion leopards and flippy seasoned champion teebirds.

I have a new 6th run and will be trying it out soon. they're flatter/less domey but supposedly still fly true to flight numbers.

5th run C-PD. they are bombers.

these are among the most popular runs because they closely mimic super beat in champion teebirds (like teebirds that people have seasoned for years) but have even more glide right out of the box.

if you have a lot of power (like 450ft power or Eagle McMahon power) they can be flippy out of the box, but even simon lizotte bagged 5th runs for a long time (and used them for normal shots).

i've gone through two 5th run C-PD's and I love them. they are the first drivers where I was totally confident throwing max weight and not afraid of losing potential distance. it took two seasons of playing in the woods to get to the point where the 5th runs were a little too flippy /squirrelly.

they are right in between beefy champion leopards and flippy seasoned champion teebirds.

I have a new 6th run and will be trying it out soon. they're flatter/less domey but supposedly still fly true to flight numbers.

Are you talking about PDs or FDs? I wouldn't mind completely dropping Teebirds and just go full FD + Spark for fairways

Are you talking about PDs or FDs? I wouldn't mind completely dropping Teebirds and just go full FD + Spark for fairways

sorry yeah i made a mistake and couldn't edit after the 5min window.

I ment to say 5th run C-FD.

you could actually cover a lot if not all Leopard to Teebird shots with various FD's. from flippy leopard shots coming from P-line/s-line FD to even beefy teebirds like brinster birds are very similar to 2nd run C-FD.... but 2nd run c-FD are getting very expensive.