• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

mzoro said:
thanks guys. i'm gonna stop at Marshall St/Pyramids on friday to pick some up for testing. sPD's, leos and sidewinders have been locked into the bag for a while, hard to see anything pushing them out.

Have you tried the River? TL ain't as fine and some Strikers could work too depending on your needs and preferences.

Got my production run FD in today (ordered two, but somebody in store snagged the pink one as I ordered), and am surprised that it's almost flat. I thought the nice gradual dome that my DGR FD's have are part of what made the FD the FD. Are all the production ones like this?

The FD dome was the why I chose QJs for workable fairway driver. Flatter FDs would be easier on my wallet, but then again time is money spent tracking down the flatness I prefer.

I don't have anything but a production one and that is pretty domey. Is there a difference in HSS and LSS between flatter and taller FDs?

Picked up two this weekend. Gonna bring them to the field this week. Threw the tester for a while before deciding to buy. Very leopard like.

Got a red and a dark blue/purple one. The purple one almost looks like a fairway driver version of a Yeti putter; it has a concave top. Haven't thrown either yet, but I hope to tomorrow/next weekend.

Max weight orange S-FD was nice flip-to-flat machine but seasoned fast and is pretty flippy now (when thrown with more than 70% power).

C-FD is where it's at IMO. Holds 80% hyzers and flips flat from a slight hyzer at 90%. These things go so far I use them as my main D driver. Pairs up with Eagles really well too. Very impressed!!!

Has anybody seasoned their C-FD?

So what's the consensus on good FD's? Wondering what weight/color/dome I should look for to find a slightly understable FD around 300' of power (tight s-curve). Or does the fade really kill this disc?

Fightingthetide said:
So what's the consensus on good FD's? Wondering what weight/color/dome I should look for to find a slightly understable FD around 300' of power (tight s-curve). Or does the fade really kill this disc?

Not sure if you're going to get an answer to this yet, people are probably still beating theirs in. I like mine that's orange and domey. I figure that since the dome is so unusual on these, it's supposed to be there. I have around the same power, and for me, it's not really an understable disc. The one I throw is the S line DGR stamp (probably the same as the stock stamp domey ones), 169g and straight stable. Fade doesn't kill this disc because it doesn't fade much, follows a shallow anhyzer really well.

Fightingthetide said:
Wondering what weight/color/dome I should look for to find a slightly understable FD around 300' of power (tight s-curve). Or does the fade really kill this disc?

I have a white 168g with an even, moderate dome and it flips flat and flies really straight with a little bit of fade. Given it a little bit of anny release and it will do a really nice shallow s-curve. I didn't really feel compelled to try the fd, but did anyways and it has been a good compliment to my eagles.

C-line FD is the best disc I have ever thrown, period.

nuff said. 8)

Loop said:

nuff said. 8)

How does it differ in shape from production S-Lines and does it differ in flight lines? My S 175 fades twice as much as a C leo or even more. It has a really tall dome and i think it could be a lemon differing from others. And it flips more than a Leo c 175 much more.

JR said:
Loop said:

nuff said. 8)

How does it differ in shape from production S-Lines and does it differ in flight lines? My S 175 fades twice as much as a C leo or even more. It has a really tall dome and i think it could be a lemon differing from others. And it flips more than a Leo c 175 much more.

Mine is an orange one. Pretty tall dome, nice stiff, yet surprisingly grippy plastic... A lot grippier than the S-line at least. 8)
The fade is pretty much non-existent, then again I haven't thrown Leos much, but think of a seasoned Star TL.
Handles a lot more power than the S-line. And glides on forever. :shock: I mean, I can get this disc go a lot further than a PD, with less power.
I don't know how it will work for others, but for me this disc is da bomb. Long, dead straight shots, with almost no fade = Perfection.

Leo is much straighter than the TL and the S FD i have fades about identical to my TLs. So out semantics vary. Sidewinder and River fade significantly less than the FD i have. In Teebird era the FD would have been the benchmark for straightness of flight in drivers but not any more. So i understand why some call the FD straight. I call it straightish belonging to the same camp as MJLS and TL fade wise.

Since I couldn't find any c-fd's anymore I tried out an interesting combo on the driving range this morning

Champion ArchAngel and S-FD. they compliment each other really well. They have the same top and really the speed 7/8 difference isn't noticeable. Just figured put that thought in folks minds as nice stable version of the FD

Latest posts