• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

Snagged the "barely blue" too.

Now I'll have 4 back-ups for the one in the bag.

Here's to hoping that the first production run doesn't suck.

I took my D FDs out for a bit today. They flip up a bit easier out of the box while having a tiny amount of fade at the end. These things are going to break into be a fun right turning disc I think.

I'm still really loving these. Still have a domey and flat S and domey C in the bag. These are taking lots of shots away from my PDs, TDs, and Rocs.

Nah, they all fly differently.

PD- power shits, wind, angular flights
TD- dead straight, curve flights, rollers
FD- lower power throws, straighter longer, glide city shots

Admittedly I've only used the PD extensively AND haven't even thrown a FD AND the C-TD's I had were crappy. I take back my claim until further testing. :D

mzoro said:
would this replace my sidewinder or leopard?

Don't know if my disc is representative of how the majority flies but for me it didn't. My disc lacks straight line capability. The turn is a little more understable than a new C 175 Leo and mine is new for the second year in a row :) The fade is more like a new TL meaning plenty and mot staying in the fairway in tunnels. I'd also pick a River before this disc and the TL has more HSS so i prefer that too. For the rest of the DG world i hope mine was a lemon.

Can't throw it straight?

I'm gonna quote you and say "you may need to look at your form first. Check in the technique section or post a video of your throw"

FD does exactly what you tell it to do. Which is good and bad. This was why I disliked it at first. I had/have mechanical flaws

uNicedmeMan said:
Admittedly I've only used the PD extensively AND haven't even thrown a FD AND the C-TD's I had were crappy. I take back my claim until further testing. :D
Well you CAN find a PD that'll do almost everything the other mold would do, but if you stick to basic representatives of the breeds there's no problem bagging all of them.

Timko said:
I took my D FDs out for a bit today. They flip up a bit easier out of the box while having a tiny amount of fade at the end. These things are going to break into be a fun right turning disc I think.
Sound like an addition to my baseline bag.

jubuttib said:
Timko said:
Sound like an addition to my baseline bag.

I got quite a number of throws with this today. It's easier to turn for sure; I threw some great low turning shots with it when one of my friends with more power was throwing a Leopard. I also threw a great forced turnover on a hole that's got a severe right to left turn on it. Generally, I don't have a disc that can turn enough while still going forward. The D will be in my bag as well as the C.

I let my longer armed friend throw one of these on a 400' uphill hole, and crushed a hyzer flip in the 380' range. He was really impressed with the glide. I don't know if the Leopard will come out of his bag instead of the FD, but he said he'd consider it. He also said as much as I talk about the PD and FD that I should ask Jussi if he'd be interested in putting me on the Discmania team :).

dgdave said:
Can't throw it straight?

I'm gonna quote you and say "you may need to look at your form first. Check in the technique section or post a video of your throw"

I can throw it straight for much of the flight meaning i can hyzer flip it to flat and then it cruises on a perfectly straight line until the fade kicks in. And it does. Early and too hard for my taste. It is less HSS than GL River and Leopard yet the fade is harder than with either. So i can see how some could classify the FD as being straight. I demand a lot from straightness so for me it is straightish but not really straight. I have no idea about how the FDs fly in general because i've only thrown one. Mine reminds me of a little more HSS and faster QJLS. But from what i heard from others mine was flippier and harder fading than the majority of QJLSs.

thanks guys. i'm gonna stop at Marshall St/Pyramids on friday to pick some up for testing. sPD's, leos and sidewinders have been locked into the bag for a while, hard to see anything pushing them out.

Latest posts