• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

Timko said:
No. But I have 3 coming my way.

Special status or did you order them from euroland? I may have to place an order once I see some reviews. I'm loving my C and S lines lately.

They were procured in the states. I'm sure if you think about it you can figure out where :).

theres only a couple now. they sold pretty quick. i loved that there were lots of colors! red,orange , dayglow, white, blue, green, pink , purple,

i snagged a pink and purple to try out again since ive heard these were less stable than the testers

I have given this disc a steady trial run the last week. I think it will end up replacing my beat QJs which had been tough to replace when I lost them. Still rocking a fresh stable QJ but it's the old candy plastic that will take years to get flippy enough to pull off the crazy 90 degree turns I get with the FD

First impressions after a bunch of throws (170g S-FD): so straight and glidey it's not even funny anymore. Point and shoot and it goes where ever you tell it to.

However, headwind flips this thing like nobody's business. Or then I just couldn't control the exact amount of hyzer and speed. But if I ever was playing in such a headwind as it was today, I would throw a much more overstable disc in the first place.

More tests needed, but sure seems a very much baggable disc for me, just what I've been looking for ages. 8)

I don't think I'd pull them out for headwinds during a round, but I was having a ton of fun with them on the weekend into a stiff head wind on a soccer field. I put them on a fairly healthy hyzer and they'd flip up nice and slow and then keep turning right. I was throwing from under the goal posts and these things were ending up in the far right end zone.

Down wind they were bombing for me as well, but my PD's and GL Flow were still longer.

Yeah if you learn how to control them in a headwind they do some crazy flips. Hole 5 @ Circle C in Austin is a dogleg right in a tunnel of trees that is probably 100-150ft wide. For the most part the fairway is wide open(just lots of rocks) with plenty of room to air it out up top. 870ft part 5 hole by the way

So the right turn is about 425-475ft before you can really get a good straight drive around the turn. I had a drive that clipped the guardian tree and only went about 350ft. My only options were a forehand shot or a huge sweeping anhyzer over the top of the fairway which has a chance to land in the rough(which usually tacks an extra stroke on). I knew it was a headwind when I made the turn. So I threw the FD on a crazy little line. Not sure what to call it but it was something I usually only throw for distance lines. Basically it is a hyzer flip stall turnover. I threw it like I would a putter stall shot, hyzer flip where the nose drops and it turns down locking into the line. I accounted for the headwind and put it out on top of the treeline. Sure enough it stalled, the wind turned it, and literally turned did a 90 degree turn down the fairway landing 200ft short of the pin dead center of the fairway. Part of that was my ability, but I couldn't have done that shot with many other discs.

My biggest problem when I first tested the FD for DGR was that I didn't trust the FD. I was trying to throw it like my QJs, which is not how it should be thrown. When it didn't perform the QJLS shots I got frustrated and disliked the disc. I now carry my tester FD and a fresh QJ. that combo can handle just about any fairway shot out to 375ft

I got my D FDs last Saturday. I had an event Sunday, and it's been raining steadily since then, so I haven't got out to throw them. But shape wise, they're similar to the S-FDs I have (which have less dome than the C-FD and less than the testers I got last year). The plastic is about middle of the road for dx. Not super soft, but not brick hard.

My test SFD isn't really breaking in...It broke in a little initially, but I just keep hitting trees an it is still stable and still pulls into the fade just a little earlier than I would like. It's in that odd place where I can't throw it flat without turning it (unless powering down), yet it's not quite getting on line with my typical slight hyzer release....So I'm getting too many sideways misses. I love how it flies, it's just in a weird place for me stability-wise right now. I'm probably going to try and grab a less stable one when I go to CDGS...

So I'm interested in hearing about the relative stabilities of the colors in the production run...Any help?

the only other one I have thrown is the 175g Red stock jackal I bought. It is more stable than my tester when it was 10/10. But more stable in FD terms isnt a wide range. it will turnover but still has some late fight especially when thrown on a slight hyzer flip

the reds also seemed to have the best grip. the yellow-green were super slick. blue and orange were so-so

S 175 yellow after about a ten throws does not seem like a disc i''d want to use. Turns a little more but enough to make it more difficult to use than a 175 C Leo. Fades more around TL it seems. No joy for tunnels.

Latest posts