• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

emiller3 said:
Supposedly they are easy to power down, but I've never found glidey discs easy to range, so I don't have high hopes that it's going to make it into my bag.

That's why I take my glidey discs max weight, where a disc that has less glide (like a PD) I will use lower weights. The extra weight helps with ranging on the high glide discs.

These things power down like a dream. Was parking holes left and right last night at about 60-70%.

As my SFD is breaking in it is not losing much of it's LSS, just the HSS. This is kind of nice as now I'm getting nice shots that turn and fade from flat on holes around 330'-340'. Thrown anny now it holds beautifully and pulls out at the end very nicely. It is also still dependable to hold a hyzer.

The fairway driver in my bag is a slot where I demand a lot of versatility. I don't usually carry more than one, and I like it to be able to do hyzer/straight/anny proficiently. Eventually I could see myself carrying 2 versions if I ever get something really beat, but as it is I've NEVER been happy with a fairway mold enough for it to make it to beat. I really the FD has a great shot at becoming that disc. It's not new to me now, and I'm no longer throwing it on every hole. As my initial infatuation with the disc is fading I find it is just doing it's job very well when it gets pulled out of the bag. As it stands the SFD meets my criteria for a fairway driver better than anything else I've tried and I think it's going to be a keeper.

Timko said:
According to Discmania's page, the D-Line FD will be available in Europe.

Since they were made here I'll bet some stayed here...Let's keep an eye on DGV or the factory store and I bet they will pop up at some point here in the states.

i picked up a few of these from hero disc and just haven't had the chance to throw them this week. got 2 red and orange s lines and a blue and yellow c line. they feel nice in the hand, to me it feels like a beefier rimmed leopard. maybe like how the td is a wider rimmed faster roadrunner.

i'd really like to snag some in the mid to upper 160s when the productions come out. p lines would be interesting also.

dgdave said:
Super easy thrower and Lotsa nice glide.

This may be and will probably the best disc of 2012

i agree. if someone comes out with better discs this year it will be a fantastic 2012.

after getting more reps in with my c-fd i'm liking it more than my s-fd. this disc made me realize how angular all other fairway and distance drivers are. the fd has such a huge HSS sweet spot that you can manipulate it like a roc or money putter. the more i throw the fd less i like eagles and pd's.

discspeed said:
Timko said:

Since they were made here I'll bet some stayed here...Let's keep an eye on DGV or the factory store and I bet they will pop up at some point here in the states.

I'll bet they'll be like the D-MD2's. They aren't for sale here as a stock item. But if you call, you could probably get some double stamped.

kern9787 said:
discspeed said:
Timko said:
I'll bet they'll be like the D-MD2's. They aren't for sale here as a stock item. But if you call, you could probably get some double stamped.
On that note, have you seen any D-TDs? Those things are fliptastic.

423227_10150601962503787_130428363786_9359173_624748872_n.jpg

julkaista = release

This pic is from Powergrip.fi's facebook page.

Latest posts