• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

I prefer this Jackal graphic:
jackal121311.jpg

But hell, even this is better:
images

None of the DM stamps have really sat well with me right away, and despite some of them growing on me over time, this retarded cat has to be the worst. Why the fuck don't they hire somebody who's completed a high school level art course or has some kind of artistic flare for these things!?!?!?

Really, really disappointing stamp. Hopefully they run the C-lines with the simple stamp, or the S-line wipes clean...

CatPredator said:
None of the DM stamps have really sat well with me right away, and despite some of them growing on me over time, this retarded cat has to be the worst. Why the fuck don't they hire somebody who's completed a high school level art course or has some kind of artistic flare for these things!?!?!?

Really, really disappointing stamp. Hopefully they run the C-lines with the simple stamp, or the S-line wipes clean...

I agree. Is Jussi really approving these stamps? They have some of the best discs but the worst stamps. I honestly like the DX over these.

The jackal is by far one of their worst.

I sure hope he was trolling the dg community with this stamp rather than thinking that's a sweet one if he truly makes/accepts these stamps. It looks like a mix of a chihuahua and a cat rather than a jackal. And a retarded mix at that.

Retarded chihuahua... :lol:

I am not hating the DM stamps as enthusiactically as the majority seems to, but this one does suck. (also, what does RUSH have to do with a chimp? But even that had something going for it) Lucky I got some Copenhagen Open S-FDs instead.

The Freak is still my favourite (pet disc: multicolor Freak stamped P-PD) and the Frenzy is a close second (both as a disc to throw and the stamp). Line up the Craze, Rush and Jackal, and you get three stooges in a line.

Chaos reminds me of a run-of-the-mill Ed Hardy tattoo (sorry), Hysteria I don't get (a panther-leafpile?), Maniacs you rarely see and the ones you do look something out of a art-class drawing. Fiend is okay but bordering on the Ed Hardy tattoo thing... hmm, on second thoughts, I DO seem to not like many of the stamps.

They should do a contest to get a nice stamp for P2 Psycho (or is there one?).

linkinparkervii said:
CFR C-PD came in today. Heres a couple pics

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

That looks like the ones I got as well, except the colors. I've been throwing my blue 170 C-FD a lot lately and have been loving it more and more. Nice to have this and the DGR stamps on them instead of that retarded looking cat too.

Got some throws in with the C-FD today. These FDs are such easy distance. I was throwing some laser shots 5-6' off the ground. Thrown with just a little hyzer, they flip up flat and just go. They are really a point and shoot disc. I could easily play a round with just these and a putter. They power down extremely well for midrange shots, and are great when powered up and thrown like a driver. Im extremely impressed with the FD

These are the real deal. Totally kicked out my beater Please PD and i didn't even touch my beat $$$ rocs. Super easy thrower and Lotsa nice glide.

This may be and will probably the best disc of 2012

I'm cycling s-ex's right now and I'm wondering if the FD would be a shortcut to that lower hss and consistent lss of a worn in eagle? I know it is kind of a vague description of worn in, but even after a few hard months, I can trust my worn in eagles in some wind and have predictable results. I don't want to sacrifice the wind fighting ability of the eagle mold to fill a slot with a disc that is garbage in gusty conditions.

rooneytunes said:
I'm cycling s-ex's right now and I'm wondering if the FD would be a shortcut to that lower hss and consistent lss of a worn in eagle? I know it is kind of a vague description of worn in, but even after a few hard months, I can trust my worn in eagles in some wind and have predictable results. I don't want to sacrifice the wind fighting ability of the eagle mold to fill a slot with a disc that is garbage in gusty conditions.

If you really lean on your EXs(and looking at your sig you probably do), then you will probably not be able to replace them with the FD. While it's not garbage in the wind, it has a lot of glide for a workhorse driver, which does affect it's wind performance negatively.

rooneytunes said:
I'm currently attempting the same thing. They aren't as good in the wind, and they are loooong...they're competing more with my Valks than my Eagles. Supposedly they are easy to power down, but I've never found glidey discs easy to range, so I don't have high hopes that it's going to make it into my bag.

Latest posts