• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

Only got about a dozen throws with them this evening, but they seemed to have a very similar flight to their S line counterparts with maybe a bit more glide. Mine are 171 and 175 with a nice dome. I was throwing back and forth into and with a decent wind though. Hopefully get a chance to try them out when it's not so windy soon. They were all pretty useless into the wind.

I took my 2 new blue Russian 175 Cfrs to the field this evening for a few throws before dark. I was just throwing low golf lines into and down a 10-15mph headwind. On a slight hyzer flip and less than 300' they were flying like my ce QJs, KC Pro Cheetahs, and seasoned ce TL; a slight turn upwind fading back to neutral. My ELs were not turning as much and were fading more.

What's the FD do that a Leo/QJ can't or do better perhaps?

Compared to a Leopard the FD flies better when powered and into the wind. I was never much a Leo fan, but I like the FD. The FD also is much easier for me to FH than the Leo as well. FD is more LSS than the Leo. Basically the FD is to a Leo what a PD is to a TB.

I still like QJs a lot and I've kept a few, but I like the FD much better in S/star plastic than the SJLS. Since I want my fairways to break in and turn this makes the FD the better mold for me.

Yeah, Fatbackbob recently turned me onto ce QJs and now I've got four. The new ones are similar to the FD for shaping lines but the QJs are smoother turning than my well domed FD and the FD seems a tick more LSS, more testing required. I played a few rounds today a threw the FD several times as a second shot. I kept moving it up in my bag towards more stability and ended right below my well seasoned ce eagle-x. My EX also turns and fades with smoother transitions than the FD but I could see it filling the same role as workable fairway one slot below my PD if something were to happened to my flatty flat butter CE EX.

Any chance the turn and fade s-lines smooth out as the FD breaks in?

7ontheline said:
Any chance the turn and fade s-lines smooth out as the FD breaks in?

Yeah, it gets smoother when you don't have to power it quite so much into a turn.

I was bidding on that one last night too :). I'd be interested in hearing what if flies like!

Timko said:
I was bidding on that one last night too :). I'd be interested in hearing what if flies like!

So it was you lol I payed a little more than I wanted. Was hoping to get a steal. Still got it for cheaper than HeroDiscs has it

I realized that when I had to go to 16.50. I was the high bidder for days at 5.50. I was hoping no one else saw the auction

stock jackal

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

... I liked the Freak, Hysteria, Frenzy, Craze, Chaos and Fiend stamps, even the Rush has grown on me a bit, but that is just awful.

obviously the ratings don't really equate to anything concrete, but the glide rating of 6 caught my eye. does this disc really have that much glide to it?

dehaas said:
obviously the ratings don't really equate to anything concrete, but the glide rating of 6 caught my eye. does this disc really have that much glide to it?
It glides like all get-out.