• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

I really don't need to buy discs now but...

I've been enjoying throwing the S FDs.

Prices are a bit high, more sense to wait until stock release but...

I likes that Russian double eagle stamp.

Hero Disc said:
C-line FDs are more stable than S-line version.

Put me over the top.

Yeah, if I try a C-FD it will most likely be when the production run comes out. I've only tried one round with my DGR S-FD's, but I haven't gotten the hang of them quite yet. I've had inconsistent results. But the good throws I've had have been nice and almost kept pace with my PD's. So I think I just have to adjust and I'll eventually like them more. But I'm not feeling like paying inflated prices and shipping to get the C's right now.

Id love to have one of these. If someone will buy one for me. Ill trade an 11x teebird for one.

As much as I want to pull the trigger on a couple CFDs I just can't justify it right now. My SFDs are as stable as I want and breaking in so slow that I just don't need something more overstable right now. I'll wait until they put production stamps on them. I'm excited to hear reviews though...

My C-FDs are super super domey. PLH higher than the tester I got in a trade from Frank. If my back doesn't go out again hopefully I'll throw them soon.

dgdave said:
I got the 170-172 blues. I specifically asked for the flattest they had.

Good luck to you. My C's are domey. Moreso than the DGRs and the Test FD.

I've gotten a lot of wind practice with my FDs this week. When thrown hard in the wind, they suck like Rivers, Leos, JLS, XLs, and other glidey fairway drivers. However, when powered down in the wind (340' or less) they perform really well. I had some slow hyzer flip straight and turnover shots that worked really well into the wind today, and these were strong enough winds to really mess with mids.

I think with a flatter dome they would lose a lot of their glide. The glide is one of the only reasons I would pick up an FD.

Whiz said:
I think with a flatter dome they would lose a lot of their glide. The glide is one of the only reasons I would pick up an FD.

This was my reasoning. I don't envision using the FD as a wind fighting disc, so I don't need a super sleek profile like I would want out of overstable wind fighting discs. I would want it domey, with tons of lift.

Latest posts