• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

Do the premium plastic p2 mold up the same as baseline? Looking at c-line, s-line or c-line glow as an overstable driving putter/approach. I like the fee of baseline p2 but from my experience aviar variations tend to be domier/feel deeper in their premium counterparts.

They vary for sure. The sky god 2s are flatter, but I have had domey and flat S-line. Pretty much every c-line I have had experience with has been on the domier side.

It is Innova's problem, not Discmania's. Clearly Jussi is somewhat tired of being under Innova's control, because he's now having two other manufacturers make discs for him so that he can better meet the demand of his customers.

Regardless of your opinion of their swirls, I've seen (and own) plenty of beautiful, bright swirly discs manufactured by Innova/DM. But I'll agree, there are plenty that are rather bland in between the real stunning one's.

Production assemblies being closer to consumers reduces cost and increases potential profit margin. EU players have long complained about lack of availability of popular molds. I see this as a direct way to expand reach (especially in the Chinese market which will EXPLODE over the next decade). If I could buy DM stock I would drop 20% of my portfolio into it right now.

Do the premium plastic p2 mold up the same as baseline? Looking at c-line, s-line or c-line glow as an overstable driving putter/approach. I like the fee of baseline p2 but from my experience aviar variations tend to be domier/feel deeper in their premium counterparts.

Premium plastic is all slightly deeper. P-Line being the most shallow disc (you might want to snag one of these for a "thrower" they are great for upshots and less OS duties off the tee. D-Line beats up even faster obviously.

C-Line, especially the first 2 runs of Sky Gods feel extra bulky in the hand, really fill out the knuckles compared to the other runs. They are the most OS as well. Regular C-Line are so rare now I haven't even seen one for sale anywhere in years. S-Line are straighter, some slightly domey, some flat. They feel good, and are a good middle ground between C-Line and D-Line. Glow C-Line I have no experience with. Luster C-line are the deepest feeling, you need gigantic hands for them to feel like a P2 (in my opinion, average sized hands here).

They vary for sure. The sky god 2s are flatter, but I have had domey and flat S-line. Pretty much every c-line I have had experience with has been on the domier side.

Agree but I wouldn't call them "domey" the C-Line just have a higher shoulder than the rest of the runs. I've only seen an S-Line with an actual dome (middle of disc higher than top of shoulder). The shoulder on the P2 is rounded so it extends in towards the middle of the disc a little ways.

Are the 'Stiff P-Line's basically KC Pro plastic? I blindly ordered two today in my ever revolving quest for the right putter.

DiscBaron has a bunch with that cool Colorado/California stamp.

Are the 'Stiff P-Line's basically KC Pro plastic? I blindly ordered two today in my ever revolving quest for the right putter.

DiscBaron has a bunch with that cool Colorado/California stamp.

Yes basically, they used to just call them p-line but after a successful 2nd release of the soft p-line they added the stiff name to help people know which is which. They might actually take longer to beat in than KC. My main putting putters are practically new after using them for 2 seasons. I don't throw them though.

Just got my Stiff P-Line P2's. The engraving on the bottom flight plate says 'P-LINE P2'. Does Discmania label all their P-Line (soft, stiff, regular) this way or will they engrave them differently?

I know they will say on the standard stamps but these have that Colorado/California stamp. They feel just slightly softer than my Tour Aviars & aren't as slick. These P2's feel great.

Just got my Stiff P-Line P2's. The engraving on the bottom flight plate says 'P-LINE P2'. Does Discmania label all their P-Line (soft, stiff, regular) this way or will they engrave them differently?

I know they will say on the standard stamps but these have that Colorado/California stamp. They feel just slightly softer than my Tour Aviars & aren't as slick. These P2's feel great.

The new P2's are now embossed on the bottom (D and P line that I've seen). From my understanding, Stiff P is the same as the old P line that we're all accustomed to. With the popularity of the soft P line, they renamed the standard P line to Stiff P line so that people can more easily tell the difference between soft or stiff.

The Sky God 2 is a bit of an enigma. It is quite overstable but has typical P2 glide. When I throw it hard (320'+), it will dip the left shoulder but never really "get to the ground" and just keep gliding. My other S-lines will stay straight (no turn) then start to hyzer. It's a bit odd.

I also agree they feel a bit "clunky" in the hand, compared to older S-lines. The older ones feel more like P3s. Strange.

The new P2's are now embossed on the bottom (D and P line that I've seen). From my understanding, Stiff P is the same as the old P line that we're all accustomed to. With the popularity of the soft P line, they renamed the standard P line to Stiff P line so that people can more easily tell the difference between soft or stiff.

Thanks. That explanation helps. How soft are the 'soft p-line'? Is the flight plate real gummy or no? If I commit to the P2 ( which is likely) I'd like a softer one for when winter comes around again.

Thanks. That explanation helps. How soft are the 'soft p-line'? Is the flight plate real gummy or no? If I commit to the P2 ( which is likely) I'd like a softer one for when winter comes around again.
I'd recommend D-Line or X-Line for winter golf. If you like (Stiff) P-Line then I bet the (Soft) P-Line would be to flexible for your liking. The D and X are still grippy but not as flexible as the (Soft) P-Line.

I'd recommend D-Line or X-Line for winter golf. If you like (Stiff) P-Line then I bet the (Soft) P-Line would be to flexible for your liking. The D and X are still grippy but not as flexible as the (Soft) P-Line.

The soft line would be a good winter option. Keep in mind, they have discontinued the X line plastic.

The soft line would be a good winter option. Keep in mind, they have discontinued the X line plastic.

Agree. If your playing in real winter conditions, eg below freezing, soft p-line is amazing. I tried X-Line and it was too stiff and slippery in really cold weather.

X-Line is good if you are playing in warmer weather and want more grip than stiff p-line.

On the flip side soft p-line is too soft for me in warmer weather (above 40 degrees F).

Had a couple great rounds putting with my Stiff P2's. Finally found a putter I felt comfortable using with a pitch putt. Been using a spin putt for the last few years & have been wanting to get away from it. It's funny sometimes when you try out a really popular mold & realize why so many people like it. Did that with the Teebird last year.

I've been looking at maybe switching putters. I have a borrowed P2 that needs to go back and have picked up one more but gotta ask. I"m having a really hard time finding them in max or near max weight. Anyone else noticing this?

Also I like P-line Stiff but wondering before I go buying a bunch of different some thoughts on P-line Glow vs X line vs P line stiff?

I've been looking at maybe switching putters. I have a borrowed P2 that needs to go back and have picked up one more but gotta ask. I"m having a really hard time finding them in max or near max weight. Anyone else noticing this?

Also I like P-line Stiff but wondering before I go buying a bunch of different some thoughts on P-line Glow vs X line vs P line stiff?

You just have to stock up a few times a year when they hit the market. They go fast. Or get them through the discmania store.

The p-line stiff/original is the only way to go if you ask me. Very cycle-able. I have them in every other plastic but I don't use any of them.

They're a popular putter and they sell quick whenever they come out. There's quite a few dealers on the Discmania Facebook groups who have some currently. If your favorite local or web store doesn't have any in stock, hit up those guys.

As for myself, I usually carry a glow P and a D line for my putting purposes. I usually find myself switching between the two every so often, depending on whats working better for me at the time.

If you're looking to switch putters, I'd recommend picking up 1 or 2 of each plastic type and see what works for you.

The new SkyGod4, what other putters is this comparable to???

Proton/cosmic Neutron Envy is the only comparison I would make, that I have thrown. In reviews, it's more stable than premium Luna.

I have used one of my Sky God IV quite a bit the last week and it has lost just a bit of the initial beef. Nose-up anhyzer are so much fun.

Simon said in his recent vlog that there will be a restock in a month. I bought three. Maybe I'll pick up a couple more.

I think they would be foolish not to do another run of Sky Gods this year. They seem to have sold really well. I know I would try to snag another couple.

Picked up a couple metal flake glow alpacas to prevent me from getting into the sky god chaos. If they release them again this year like Simon said in his latest Vlog I'll be trying to pick a couple up. I will not buy the green though. I want blue, pink, red or even purp.