• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Just got mine in from furthur. They feel nice. A lot less bulky than an Xcal while not having a shallow rim. There are 20-25 mph winds and I'll get a round in in about an hour.

The Champ plastic is choice. Very champy, not stiff, not gummy. It's easy to grip in the winter of KC. I'll be interested to see what our Florida and Texas testers think of these.

That's what I was thinking too. They feel like the pre release Masters stamped Destroyers from 07. Also close to the same color too.

The pro plastic also feels choice.

So for us in the "mainstream," does anyone know when we can expect the PD2 in Champ plastic? I know Mark Molnar mentioned that they could be sold as CFRs, but when? I like the flight characteristics of my Pro PD2, but I am not a huge pro plastic fan.

So the Cs definitely track right on 400ft ish shots in a 20 ish mph wind. The always came back, even if given some torque or initial anny. They have more hss than early/1st run echo and champy/star xcals with dome. The plastic did get a little nicked up from hitting a chain link fence on a big hyzer toss.

With the P, I was getting some really big flex shots. These flew like new 1st run echo xcals. They glide great and have a more forward fade than the C. I had one big 450ish toss downhill withered a L-R tailwind. We'll see how they break in.

Both plastics had more lift and glide than expected. Not enough glide to get knocked arounds, but it was noticable. I got about 15 or so tosses with each.

mmmm just got home and saw some goodies waiting for me. These feel nice! Both of mine are domey and feel good. I can't wait to throw these tomorrow. I have a star xcal,and a few forces I can compare side by side. Il report back later in the day with my findings. Thanks chris!!

No problem guys. I think Mark knows that I get good reviews out of people, so I think he'll be happy with our arrangement. Hopefully it will allow us to review more Discmania tester discs in the future :).

I got throw booters yesterday. I'm definitely placing an order for some p-pd2s when i get back in town.

I only got to throw them on some huge hyzers but got destroyer/hurricane type distance on the throws. The p-pd2 will turn into a crusher, this is really more of a dd3. For a wide rim it feels natural in the hand, which is a big thing for me. Only possible negatives i saw were some crazy skips. They didn't take big skips, but rather would skip and spin in odd directions when thrown on long hyzers

Anyone know what the weight range is going to be on the P's? All of the dgv ones are max wt. I want a few of these at 170-172.

I unfortunately haven't gotten to throw mine too much yet. On the scale my yellow champ weighs 175.5 and my orange P weighs 173.8. Today I got a few throws with the champ. It flew really nice, reminding me very much of a faster PD. I didn't get a chance to throw the P yet. I also really like the way these feel in the hand, much more than the Xcal or Destroyer. It teamed really well with my Flows today and I'm looking forward to some more extensive testing in the coming days and it warms up a bit.

Got to toss mine some more today. I feel pretty much the same, except I really liked the P for long pd type shots. The C held up great in the wind. I let a guy with 460ish power toss them and he got some great results with them too.

ok so I took the pd2's out yesterday and today along with a 175 star xcal, 174 domey pink z force. First off,these things feel soooo nice,very comfortable and easy to grip. The 2 I got, one p and one c ,were both domey and grippy. So yesterday I played a round with zj and threw them a handful of times due to shitty weather conditions. Rainy,no wind, and muddy. First rips with the p it flew great,nice forward penetrating fade with BIG skips at the end. The c was more overstable than the p and came out of the straigt flight sooner than the p. I let zj throw both on a hyzer line for one hole and the glide on these things was nice! No matter what though,they skipped alot.once we got to an open hole there was a small tail wind which made these and every other disc hyzer out a little more than usual obviously. I threw the p,c,xcal and force,all were similar in flight with the cpd2 being the most overstable,force next in line,xcal 3rd,and the ppd2 4th.disappointed there wasn't any wind I didn't want to post my findings just yet.

today we had a moderate wind with much better conditions. 70 degrees,12-15 mph winds, dry. I took all 4 to the field today and had about 10 throws with each both RHBH and RHFH. Today I got much better rips and a better idea on how these fly next to eachother. 1st up I threw them in a tail wind with a little anny forced on them to see how they would flex out.again the p was the longest by 15-18' infront of my star xcal and z force with the cpd2 being the shortest. All flew similar in flight but the pd2's were definitely a tad faster. Next throws were the opposite direction in the headwind. Ppd2 crush's btw,threw it flat and had it track right a few feet to flex back and skip a good bit.next I threw the *xcal and got the same results only,less fade and little less d. Next the new z force,tracked right a tad then finished left short of the ppd2 but past the *xcal just a bit. Last was the cpd2 with barely any turn,possibly a couple feet but it didn't last long til it hyzered out coming up short of all 3.

next set of throws were RHFH in the headwind again,powerstack grip and some of my best rips FH. Again,the ppd2 was the furthest,*xcal 2nd,z force 3rd right behind the *xcal leaving the cpd2 last. I'm not the best FH driver but it was pretty good today going 360+ while my BH d is 400+ I guess. Anywho, after all the throws with all 4,id say they're very similar in flight only the ppd2 was the furthest getting the same flight pattern as my domey * xcal just going further.my pink zforce is pretty beefy but the cpd2 is definitely a little more beefy. Now I never removed the flashing from these so I'd assume that when I do this,the cpd2 would probably gain some d as well as the ppd2. The ppd2 was my favorite mainly because I can see it crushing once it beats ina bit. I'm hoping I get to toss these into some of our usual wind, 20+mph. These felt great,easy to grip and weren't stiff at all.i wouldn't say they were gummy but just the right medium as well as havin some nice cfr plastic to grip.

I think discmania has done well with these and I will be keeping these in the bag for a while to see how the fair up and to see if I can get the ppd2 to beat in. I wish I had a champ xcal to compare to te cpd2 but I don't. I'd imagine it's ver similar with some slight differences. The true test will be the longevity of the discs after some seasoning. I'm enjoying them. I want a *pd2 now!!

ps. I'm sure mikes review will be much more detailed but I'm glad I got to test these out!!

booter said:
pss. I got a fuckn cramp in my thumb from typing all that from my damn phone! Haha

I was going to ask if JR logged into your account this time. :lol:

Today I've got some nice weather, so I should be able to do some better testing. I'm taking them to the field today alongside a Champ Xcal and a couple other discs.

Would one of you guys that have em post some profile comparison pics? Ppd2 vs cpd2, or vs xcal, force, destroyer, etc...