• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

I hit the practice field with these yesterday instead of the course so I could air them out. I was getting some HUGE drives with these. There was about a 5-10 mph wind, so nothing huge, but enough to start noticing it.

P thoughts- This thing goes! It was flying almost exactly like my S/DS Destroyers or a longer new P PD. It's like the first run of 175 Pink DGR PDs. A bit of HS turn and a reliable fade. This one always came out of a turn, even into a headwind with a little inital anny. I was averaging 410-420 with it. It also glides great. It just seemed to want to stay off the ground. The durability has also been surprising. I havent had any full on tree whacks, but have skipped it off rough ground, loose gravel and its showing little wear.

C thoughts- Very consistant. Just a hair of HS tracking to the R if thrown flad and hard. No turn or track with some hyzer. When thrown with some torque or initial anny, it will hold that turn about 1/2-2/3 of the flight before panning back with a strong fade. I am surprised at the glide of the C. Not as much as the P, but more than I thought it would have. I had one toss that I torqued over that ended up never going more than 8 or so feet off the ground and ended up at about 430-440. I was averaging right around 400 with these. It's like a force, but has that extra kick of speed, especially into a wind. Forces always seemed to slow way down into a headwind. The PD2 seems to keep it's speed much better. I have mentioned the durability already, but I am a little dissapointed in it. I love the feel, but I guess that's the trade off.

turso said:
I just don't get it why they're so fascinated with the flame/hair on their stamps, ugly and pointless :/

europe_the_final_countdown.jpg

I am super anxious to hear how the P breaks in for everyone. If it breaks in nice and slow to a neutral mega bomber, I may have to pickup a few as my warp speed driver for 2011. It would be awesome to have a quiver of p-pd2's in a few beatnesses and a c-pd2 for uber predictability even in heavy winds.

It already has a bit of turn and its got the big rim, so that's why I say that. I may be totally wrong though.

I finally ordeed 2 p's. Can't wait to break these in for some huge bombs. Been itching to throw them since I tested Booters

turso said:
I just don't get it why they're so fascinated with the flame/hair on their stamps, ugly and pointless :/

The only bad thing I've found about Discmania is their stamps.... acetone is a wonderful thing. Also they remind me of rape tentacles from anime...

but as for the post above me I think Destroyers and PD2s would pair well together for some reason.

dgdave said:
The PS are really close to the S/DS destroyers I picked up, just have a bit more fade.

How would they compare distance wise (P-PD2 to Star Destroyers)? Any longer/shorter in similar weights?

Its too bad that you feel like the PD2 will loose its HSS before its LSS...I was hoping this would be a good contender for Destroyers as it got beat in.

They are really close. It probably just depends on the day. The PD 2 is a bit better into a wind.

I'm really starting to dig my champ PD2. Today I got a couple of birdies with it, both more easily than I could have done with anything else in my bag. I like it for both FH and BH shots. To me, it feels faster than anything else speed 12. It also seems less squirrely than any of the other speed 12s as well. On a sad note, I threw my P into the water today right as I was really starting to like it. It was very predictable and going as far as anything else in my bag as it was breaking in.

I hear ya on the C. Since I fixed my throw, I have been using it a ton. There's a local hole that is about 410 that is a hard dogleg L hole that is slightly up hill and I parked it today going into a 10-12mph headwind. I am more and more impressed on how it keeps its speed going into a wind.

I'm so glad Yussi got Dave D. to make a true stable/overstable disc without a damn blunt nose that actually holds up on the wind. I guess after the Teerex fiasco he kind of gave up...I just hate square noses on discs that are supposed to cut the wind. Every round I play I'm more sure that this is the EXACT disc I've been waiting years for.

discspeed said:
I just hate square noses on discs that are supposed to cut the wind.
Preach it Brother!

That is why Innova products have never been my overstable distance disc of choice.

Haha I REALLY like Marshall Street's description... :lol:

We got this in today (1 27 2011). We've all been warned by Innova's announcements that this isn't a disc for everybody. That this disc takes power and arm speed and intelligence and good looks to throw.

Well, that's not true. All you need is a good imagination, so you can imagine yourself having all these qualities.

And then you buy this disc, and it hyzers out like a twin-engine plane with a bird stuck deep in carburetor. But you've still got the brand new P-Line Chaos in your bag, and that alone says something.