• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

Not sure about irrelevant, but it's a curious decision if it's another overstable approach. There's already the P3x, Tactic, and maybe the MD5. My only guess would be that since the Razor Claw Tactic is "retired," they want something to replace it.

From the side, it looks a little like a P3x without a bead
Shorter MD5? Tactic maybe not to the Sky Team member's liking? Comparing the PDGA specs could shed a bit of light on these things (speed, rim depth)

Not sure about irrelevant, but it's a curious decision if it's another overstable approach. There's already the P3x, Tactic, and maybe the MD5. My only guess would be that since the Razor Claw Tactic is "retired," they want something to replace it.

From the side, it looks a little like a P3x without a bead

I had high hopes for the P3x, but it's just a straight-stable disc. It's fine, and there's nothing wrong with it, but its flight is basically the same as an EXO Hard Tactic with a few rounds on it. At first thought the Drop would be a premium C-line Tactic (Razor Claw). Btw, that's all Discmania needed to do in this slot. After stare and compare, it looks like a cross between the Tactic and the MD5.

If it has no glide, like a puddle-top Slammer style, then I'm in. If it's almost a Razor Claw3 or almost an MD5, then I'm out.

I had high hopes for the P3x, but it's just a straight-stable disc. It's fine, and there's nothing wrong with it, but its flight is basically the same as an EXO Hard Tactic with a few rounds on it. At first thought the Drop would be a premium C-line Tactic (Razor Claw). Btw, that's all Discmania needed to do in this slot. After stare and compare, it looks like a cross between the Tactic and the MD5.

If it has no glide, like a puddle-top Slammer style, then I'm in. If it's almost a Razor Claw3 or almost an MD5, then I'm out.
Just curious, what do you find lacking in the RC3 and MD5? I bag both, and while there's some overlap, the MD5 is a bit longer. If anything, I think the MD5 could be a bit more over stable. I like the feel of the MD5 and the over stability of the Mutant

(I stocked up on the RC3 when Eagle went to MVP and now have a small arsenal)

Just curious, what do you find lacking in the RC3 and MD5? I bag both, and while there's some overlap, the MD5 is a bit longer. If anything, I think the MD5 could be a bit more over stable. I like the feel of the MD5 and the over stability of the Mutant

(I stocked up on the RC3 when Eagle went to MVP and now have a small arsenal)
I don't intend to complain 😁 The only thing lacking in the RC3 is availability (I did not stock up), it's a great disc. I'm hoping not to rely on discs that aren't readily available since pros jump ship a lot quicker these last few years. A NEO Tactic is not nearly as stable as the RC3. Niklas throws that C-Line Tactic all over, and I kind of was waiting for that plastic to drop (heh, heh). In fact, if the RC3 exact mold was made in c-line and EXO hard/soft, that'd be killer. As a Tactic, it's straight and goes farther than the RC3 for me. I bag a RC3 and EXO Tactic.

Nothing wrong with the MD5 at all- I bag it in MF C and S-line. It's too fast of a disc for shorter flex/OS shots because you have to take a lot off. The RC3 gets to the ground faster. I could stand an even more dumpy disc with the same stability, which is what the Drop looks like in pictures.

I bagged the Mutant, RC3 and MD5 for a while. I'm finally replacing Mutant shots with MD5 as I've figured it out now. The Mutant and MD5 are interchangeable for almost all throws for me.

I don't intend to complain 😁 The only thing lacking in the RC3 is availability (I did not stock up), it's a great disc. I'm hoping not to rely on discs that aren't readily available since pros jump ship a lot quicker these last few years. A NEO Tactic is not nearly as stable as the RC3. Niklas throws that C-Line Tactic all over, and I kind of was waiting for that plastic to drop (heh, heh). In fact, if the RC3 exact mold was made in c-line and EXO hard/soft, that'd be killer. As a Tactic, it's straight and goes farther than the RC3 for me. I bag a RC3 and EXO Tactic.

Nothing wrong with the MD5 at all- I bag it in MF C and S-line. It's too fast of a disc for shorter flex/OS shots because you have to take a lot off. The RC3 gets to the ground faster. I could stand an even more dumpy disc with the same stability, which is what the Drop looks like in pictures.

I bagged the Mutant, RC3 and MD5 for a while. I'm finally replacing Mutant shots with MD5 as I've figured it out now. The Mutant and MD5 are interchangeable for almost all throws for me.
Ummm MSt has 19 RC3s and 21 Flex 1 C-Line Tactics...just an fyi.

Ummm MSt has 19 RC3s and 21 Flex 1 C-Line Tactics...just an fyi.

Good point. I forgot about the Crown Stone. I guess what I should have said is 'exclusive availability'. They're not making more of either, as far as we know.

Have you thrown the Crown stone flex1 c-line Tactic? Is it as stable as the RC3?

Good point. I forgot about the Crown Stone. I guess what I should have said is 'exclusive availability'. They're not making more of either, as far as we know.

Have you thrown the Crown stone flex1 c-line Tactic? Is it as stable as the RC3?
I haven't, I just remember seeing them when I was at MSt on Friday, while in town to play Maple Hill since I was in the area and hadn't played it before.

I haven't thrown the Tactic yet, but the FD3 and MD3 in flex 1 are pretty over stable if you want take a chance on the tactic.

I'll see if I can find out more from my DM insider on the Drop

I believe the "Drop" is going to be Niklas' creator series mold. Doubt you'll see the tactic be discontinued because of this.

I believe the "Drop" is going to be Niklas' creator series mold. Doubt you'll see the tactic be discontinued because of this.

Buhr doesn't throw the Razor Claw, so you might be correct. The profile looks exactly like the RC3, so it might be a re-approval. I just picked up a few RC3 so I'll be set.

Has the Innova molded FD3 be re-released by anyone?

Is the Scepter the same mold?

As far as I know, it hasn't been reproduced under another brand. The Scepter is a flat-top Firebird and might be close. The FD3 was a Firebird wing with a custom top

Curious if you're looking for Innova's plastic, or don't like Discmania as a company, or flatness/dome… there are plenty of FD3 plastic options available. The Discmania Open Color Glow FD3 for sale now are fantastic. Flat, overstable, great plastic.

I bag the knight stamp CG FD3s that start a little less stable then the Innova made C-Line versions. I only have 1 backup left and would like to find a good replacement that isn't reseller priced if I can. I had a bag full of Innova made Discmania and tried most of the in house stuff but don't care for most of their inhouse/ HOD reproductions. I tried the MF FD3s when they dropped and they are ok but not the same. The only thing that has stuck around is the MD1.

I thought the Scepter might be the FD3 because of the way the profile looks. Judging by what Infinite is showing on their site for profiles I wouldn't really call them truly flat. Profile mostly looks very similar to my Innova made C Line FD3s. Might try one of the lighter swirly star Scepters and see how they work.

As far as I know, it hasn't been reproduced under another brand. The Scepter is a flat-top Firebird and might be close. The FD3 was a Firebird wing with a custom top
I don't think the FD3 produced by Innova had any unique or custom parts - the top probably was used in a number of stock Firebird runs over the years. If my memory is correct, the FD3 only had stock C-line w/ limited runs in Swirly (Lizotte)/Luster/MF/Glow/Color Glow. Potentially the same top as used for the Sexton FB or certain Star FB runs.

I bag the knight stamp CG FD3s that start a little less stable then the Innova made C-Line versions. I only have 1 backup left and would like to find a good replacement that isn't reseller priced if I can. I had a bag full of Innova made Discmania and tried most of the in house stuff but don't care for most of their inhouse/ HOD reproductions. I tried the MF FD3s when they dropped and they are ok but not the same. The only thing that has stuck around is the MD1.

I thought the Scepter might be the FD3 because of the way the profile looks. Judging by what Infinite is showing on their site for profiles I wouldn't really call them truly flat. Profile mostly looks very similar to my Innova made C Line FD3s. Might try one of the lighter swirly star Scepters and see how they work.
Star FB are probably closest to the CG FD3s and those Swirly S-blend Scepters under max weight are probably a bit less OS.
F2s (usually double stamped) here for some CFR plastic FBs which are kind of a gamble w/o pictures but probably some close to those knight stamp FD3s.

Someone on reddit mentioned they're discontinuing the Active line, but didn't have a source. Has anyone else heard about this?

I bag the knight stamp CG FD3s that start a little less stable then the Innova made C-Line versions. I only have 1 backup left and would like to find a good replacement that isn't reseller priced if I can.
Highly recommend you tryout the new CG Vanguard run from this year. The stock S line run of the FD3 is also very straight for an FD3.
Someone on reddit mentioned they're discontinuing the Active line, but didn't have a source. Has anyone else heard about this?
This is true. They've been on blow out pricing to dealers for a few months now.

Latest posts