• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

jubuttib said:
...I took a look at Discmania's Facebook page and I can't say I approve of your little plot. Petitioning them to make the FD is one thing, what you did is another.

It looks like they took it well. At least they seemed to be jovial about it. The manner in which they replied even made me think it's in the works...but no way to tell.

I would love this disc to come out. I'm sure they know that many others are waiting too. This just brings it to their attention. Although, I can understand that they have priorities and they can't rearrange all of them at a drop of a hat. In the end, I respect whatever decisions they make. Besides, they are disc golfers too, and they know what they need to release.

Somebody should start a separate thread on Discmania's 'Franken-Parts'
I know Discspeed knows quite a bit about the different upper and lower mold parts used.

jubuttib said:
Roy said:
Does the CD share any mold pieces with other discs?
The new mold has the common anhyzer top. Don't know about the wing though...

Additionally, I took a look at Discmania's Facebook page and I can't say I approve of your little plot. Petitioning them to make the FD is one thing, what you did is another.

Ahhh, come on....I don't think it is hurting anything by saying that. I think it puts it more in the lime light stating it that way than just asking about it.

It could have been worded better. We pushed for cpd by asking a zillion times, not making stuff up to pressure them

No offense Sean, but that FB stunt was pretty damn ignorant.

Maybe next time think it thru, kkthx.

It was just one way asking and their comment on it seemed like they took it in stride. I don't see why you guys are hating so much as it was fun and not malicious. Lighten up a little :D

Sean40474 said:
It was just one way asking and their comment on it seemed like they took it in stride. I don't see why you guys are hating so much as it was fun and not malicious. Lighten up a little :D

I'm not sure which one describes it better. Taking it in stride or "wtf is this guy talking about?!?"

The MD2, PD, TD and DD2 were on fire today. I haven't really had a chance to air out the ES-DD2s due to my local course being on the short (and narrow) side, but luckily there was plenty of room on the special Easter course at Oulu's Meri-Toppila today. Managed to snag first place in Int, would've been competitive in Open too. =)

Also got two new white S-TDs (along with the tester haul), very much on the stiff and overstable side. Lovely.

jubuttib said:
The MD2, PD, TD and DD2 were on fire today. I haven't really had a chance to air out the ES-DD2s due to my local course being on the short (and narrow) side, but luckily there was plenty of room on the special Easter course at Oulu's Meri-Toppila today. Managed to snag first place in Int, would've been competitive in Open too. =)

Also got two new white S-TDs (along with the tester haul), very much on the stiff and overstable side. Lovely.

Nice! Got to say that lately my PDs (all 4 in my bag), C-TD, S and C MD2 have been staples in my recent great play. Can't say much about the DD2, as I think that for me it doesn't have a true role. My PD2s, Destroyers, and beaten in Boss take the role of my long range bombers. Actually, that is all I have in my bag (with some multiples, of course...oh and a first run gator), all that I need now is what everyone on here has made a stink about....a FD. Threw a Gazelle today for the first time in a couple of years, and if Discmania made something of the sort I am certain I would have one in the bag.

Joz said:
... all that I need now is what everyone on here has made a stink about....a FD. Threw a Gazelle today for the first time in a couple of years, and if Discmania made something of the sort I am certain I would have one in the bag.
Everyone is also late on that, I've been going on about the need for this disc for over a year. =)

jubuttib said:
Everyone is also late on that, I've been going on about the need for this disc for over a year. =)

So you're saying you wanted a FD before they were cool? :p

hipster-kitty-meme-generator-i-did-the-same-thing-two-years-ago-7e2a34.jpg

Tim Red Beard said:
Does the P1 or P2 have a bead? Like the Wizard or KC Pro Aviar? I can't seem to find a profile pic of one.

Thanks,
TRB

No bead. P2 is more HSS than an Aviar P&A, less LSS than a KC Aviar. P1 seems to be a less stable Aviar P&A...in case you were wondering. I LOVE my D-P2's

I was considering getting a P2 for a thrower, but it doesn't sound like it has the stability that I want. Anybody else have comments about the P2 for driving?