• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Tim Red Beard said:
Does the P1 or P2 have a bead? Like the Wizard or KC Pro Aviar? I can't seem to find a profile pic of one.

Thanks,
TRB

P5040025.jpg

P-P1 vs D-P2

Fightingthetide said:
P1 seems to be a less stable Aviar P&A...in case you were wondering.
P1 IS an Aviar P&A, specifically the current beadless mold. Run variations can occur, but otherwise the stamp is the only difference.

Sean40474 said:
I was considering getting a P2 for a thrower, but it doesn't sound like it has the stability that I want. Anybody else have comments about the P2 for driving?

You can't yank one like a driver like Rhynos, Pigs and Jokeris for example. It is long for a driving putter but you need to control the acceleration point and have a clean release and form.

Sean40474 said:
I was considering getting a P2 for a thrower, but it doesn't sound like it has the stability that I want. Anybody else have comments about the P2 for driving?
It's very close to a KC Aviar in HSS, it just has a straighter finish.

Hmmmm, that sounds like something I'd like then. That is one of the reason I don't throw KCAs as they take seemingly forever to beat the straight into them. I want a disc that is HSS like a KCA, but finishes something like a YPA or a first stage DX AD. Thanks guys

jubuttib said:
Sean40474 said:
It's very close to a KC Aviar in HSS, it just has a straighter finish.

I don't know if it is a release or cruise speed problem or what but a P2 needs a lot more hyzer for me than KC. And KC feels even worse being tall and clunky with bead added to my small hand. KC released flat doesn't flip at all. For full power i need to put about 20 degrees of initial hyzer to make the P2 flip to flat.

I've actually been working my ES-DD2 (orange) more than before and it's been really consistent. Unlike the P-DD2 (which is somewhat longer) I can actually shape lines with this one.

I bought a FR S CD at PIAS today, because I recalled hearing good things about them. Threw it a few times but didn't have room in the bag to play a round with it. Seemed to fly pretty similar to the Star Valk that I was throwing next to it. Can someone give me a brief recap of this mold? Pros? Cons? Is the FR different from the production runs? They didn't seem to sit with people on here as much as the PD.

Edit: Read a few pages back and got some info I was looking for. Unless someone has something to add to that stuff, I guess I'm good. Still looking for the difference between FR and production runs though.

Shank said:
Still looking for the difference between FR and production runs though.

If I'm not mistaken, the FR's didn't have Discmania's normal anhyzer top.

Not sure what the difference is in flight between FR and production CD's, but I heard the anhyzer top increases HSS and decreases LSS in general <--can someone verify that? I would love to know just out of curiosity. I personally like the anhyzer top for how it feels in the hand.

Hmmm yeah I'd still like to know. If that's the case I think the FR CD would be more useful for the spot in my bag I'm tinkering with. Right now I'm throwing a Star Valk and a 4x JK Pro Valk where I am wondering these might contend. Seems kind of like a faster slightly less LSS SEX now, which I am liking over the S PDs I have thrown. I hate to be the devil's advocate but I'd like to see a FR CD run in C-line, although that probably won't ever happen. Something about the rim configuration reminds me of a gazelle.

Difference is indeed the top, which also leads to a blunter nose. The FR S-CDs I have are way more HSS than later Crazes (and I was really disappointed by this fact). They live up to the name of Control Driver. I vastly prefer them to the current CDs, but unfortunately when I asked them about maybe introducing it as another disc they said that the some of the mold pieces used in the FRs have been destroyed and it's essentially impossible to mold any more. =P

That sucks. I might give them a whirl anyways. Sounds like the FR CD and the Production CD may compliment each other though?

They might, but truthfully as it stands I'd rather go with a few different PDs and TDs. And I do. =)

The only real reason I like PDs and TDs is because they are available in more plastics, but as far as their flights are concerned, I feel like the CD might be able to handle both slots with different levels of beatness. One thing that's an issue for me is that I am carrying everything in a stuffed Spider Monkey, so I'd rather have a two or three of the same disc than two or three different molds. At this point, everything above speed 7 is a testing ground for me, so I don't really know what I will end up using. I'm just now at the point where I am able to pump discs out to the distances and speeds that would allow them to be useful.

The S TD I have thrown is pretty much all straight all day, even in to some head wind, which is nice. The S PDs and C PDs I have thrown are teebirdish, but I already have two TBs in the bag and want to mix it up some. If the CD is as eagleish as I think it might be, it might be the contender for the versatile line shaping sorta-distance slot.

Shank said:
The only real reason I like PDs and TDs is because they are available in more plastics, but as far as their flights are concerned, I feel like the CD might be able to handle both slots with different levels of beatness.
Hmm, my FR S-CDs can handle wind (not quite as well as my overstable S-PDs, but still more than sufficient) and when beat (or using a new mold) they could handle understable duties as well... Could work.

I lost my C PD the other day and didn't have it for tourney day yesterday :*(

I did have a stable first run S PD that did the job for me though. After throwing the C PD so much in the short time I had it and then throwing the S PD yesterday....I'm more of a fan of the C Line myself. The flight and glide seem to be different from what I could tell. I wish I had taken a picture with them side by side to check the PLH and the angle of the wing. Time to order more C PDs.