• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

is it just me, or is the rim slightly slanted on some C-PDs? not that I'm complaining. I kinda like it

Triflusal said:
is it just me, or is the rim slightly slanted on some C-PDs? not that I'm complaining. I kinda like it
Well known problem, Innova screwed up and accidentally ran the production run C-PDs with the +mold core piece. Not all production stamped C-PDs are from the production run though, many older CFR runs were stamped with the production run stamp. The proper ones have a patent number.
superdrive said:
It is. Same thing with some S-PD's as well. :(
Now that I did not know. Are those just mold inconsistencies or do they lack the patent number?

For those of you that throw the PD2, I was just wondering what you think of it in terms of a forehand disc. I've been hearing that it can compete with xcalibers, bosses and other top FH discs. My friend was looking into getting another forehand disc for distance and he definitely has the arm for anything, (400' + on most throws). Let me know what you think.

''Now that I did not know. Are those just mold inconsistencies or do they lack the patent number?''

Even 175g DGR champystars have slanted rims (much less than C-PDs, but it's there). 175g pink JH is worse than C-PD. Patent numbers are there.

It has been 50/50 for me. Bad luck, I hope.

Also, good Ss feel much like Ps IMO. Just more LSS and durable.

Lamp said:
For those of you that throw the PD2, I was just wondering what you think of it in terms of a forehand disc. I've been hearing that it can compete with xcalibers, bosses and other top FH discs. My friend was looking into getting another forehand disc for distance and he definitely has the arm for anything, (400' + on most throws). Let me know what you think.

PD2 works like a charm for that type of a player. My friend who is a professional Javelin thrower, and a solid RHFH guy. Says the PD2 is pretty much the most consistent disc he has ever thrown on fronthand, and he throws faaaar. 140m standing still.:shock:
Its faster than an Xcaliber and more overstable too. And you need a ton of juice for it to go straight, but if you have that power, the disc is a beauty!

Also about the slanted rim on S-PDs. I have gone thru literally thousands of those discs, and havent noticed a single one with a slanted rim. You might have found a pret-ty unique disc. :)
On C-PDs, its just like Jubuttib said. :)

Loop said:
PD2 works like a charm for that type of a player. My friend who is a professional Javelin thrower, and a solid RHFH guy. Says the PD2 is pretty much the most consistent disc he has ever thrown on fronthand, and he throws faaaar. 140m standing still.:shock:
Its faster than an Xcaliber and more overstable too. And you need a ton of juice for it to go straight, but if you have that power, the disc is a beauty!
is your friend also ville?

it seems like they screwed up almost all of their C-line discs...

Hehe no, Piippo isnt a professional Javelin thrower anymore. If you thought I meant him? :)

This is a completely different guy, but I´m positive he will be one hell of a DGer too if/when he quits his active Javelin career. :shock:

What are you guys using for fairway drivers? I have a gap between my TD's and my GM/MD2. Considering TD's fly stable when powered down, I'm looking for a 6-7 speed understable disc.

I used to throw Teebirds and Leopards. I think those two discs are an answer to my own question, but I want to shy away from adding two new molds to my bag at once. Thoughts?

I havnt found a need for a fairway driver after I took out my gazelles. Ive been doing fine powering down on pds and tds or pumping out my meteor/buzzz

Answered my own question. Stopped by a local store and they had a new, flat, white P PD on the shelf, and two seasoned leopards in the used basket (pro and champ). All three are max weight.

Anyone else see a benefit in having a fairway driver in the middle of Discmania's lineup?

There definitely is a gap between the mids and the drivers, depends on the player if it requires filling or not. TDs and PDs power down well and at least my MD2s can be spanked pretty hard.

You can definitely lay into an MD2 with clean form and it's flying straight as an arrow really far. I've found that they don't handle misreleases well; this is why I've switched to the Roc/Comet for now to really get my technique smooth.

Peot said:
You can definitely lay into an MD2 with clean form and it's flying straight as an arrow really far. I've found that they don't handle misreleases well; this is why I've switched to the Roc/Comet for now to really get my technique smooth.

True. They do go far, and straight. But I added Leopards to the bag to gain some line shaping ability since the MD2 doesn't want to go anhyzer from a flat release (for me), unless I give it OAT. I think Discmania lacks a disc that will do this. I know we already visited this, but maybe they will come out with an FD that does this.

They definitely don't turn, but the MD2 is a beautiful anhyzer disc. It holds lines well. This may be semantics but it isn't really the case that any disc "goes anyhzer" from a flat release, right? They may have high or low HSS, but there's a big difference between turn and anhyzer

Fightingthetide said:
Peot said:

True. They do go far, and straight. But I added Leopards to the bag to gain some line shaping ability since the MD2 doesn't want to go anhyzer from a flat release (for me), unless I give it OAT. I think Discmania lacks a disc that will do this. I know we already visited this, but maybe they will come out with an FD that does this.
Beat in a D-GM (easier) or P-MD2 (harder) a while. Problem solved.

Peot said:
They definitely don't turn, but the MD2 is a beautiful anhyzer disc. It holds lines well. This may be semantics but it isn't really the case that any disc "goes anyhzer" from a flat release, right? They may have high or low HSS, but there's a big difference between turn and anhyzer

You are probably right on the semantics, but I think you see what I am saying. The root of my issue isn't whether or not I can get my MD2 to fly on a certain line. Rather, it is the bad habits that I am forming from having to throw my MD2's and PD's on anhyzer to shape lines. I know this is a good skill to have, but it is showing up in other parts of my game where it only hurts me, like my approach. For that reason, I added a pro and champ leopard to the bag to keep a balance of hyzer, flat, and anhyzer throws. I posted in the bag critique section on this...

jubuttib said:

That's a great idea. If only D-GM's and P-MD2's weren't hard to come by in my neck of the woods...

Fightingthetide said:
jubuttib said:
That's a great idea. If only D-GM's and P-MD2's weren't hard to come by in my neck of the woods...
D-GMs @ DGV

You can also always get them from Finland, but the shipping will murder you, just like it has murdered me every time I order from the States.