• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

How stable is the C-line TD compared to Lat64 River? Are they around the same stability?
I've had plenty of Rivers that all of them are in different stabilities when I've gotten them. Some are like Vulcan some are like Teebird.

So, how is the TD? Does it hold anhyzer-line or is it fading back in the end?

SMBlakeC said:
I am planning on buying a couple Discmania discs. I am wondering what your weight preferences are seeing as how I have a choice when I go to buy them..

The ones I am getting are:
C-Line DD2 Frenzy Weight Choices: 170-172 // 175 I am thinking about going with the 175, I am a fan of a bit heavier discs
C-Line MD2 Fiend Weight Choices: 170-174 // 175-177 // 178-180 Again I was thinking about the 175-177 range.
D-Line P2 Putter Weight Choices: 170-172 // 173-175 I like heavier putters so I am 99% sure I want to go with the heaviest one on this one.

My other/last questions are, should I go with the plastics I have now or should I go down a plastic grade on the mid-range and driver and/or up a plastic grade on the putter? And is, in your guys' opinion, the 'PD2' better than the 'DD2'? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance. :)

I can't speak for the DD2 (but I would say lighter because I hear C DD2's are super stable - and I would prefer a P-line myself), but I highly recommend getting an S and P line MD2 at max weight. It might also be useful to have one in a lighter weight too for times you are stuck and can't get much power in your throw. I have a C MD2, and I really can't tell much of a difference in flight between the C and S, but my S has a stiffer flight plate and better grip, which I like.

As for the P2, I have 4 D-Lines and I love them. They work into a great putter and approach disc. I also have an S-Line, but I never putt with it because it slides past the chains if you don't hit the right spot. I use my S P2 for more stable approach shots.

Hope that helps.

Hagman said:

If you throw it with enough snap, and correct form, etc. it will do whatever you want it to do. So yes, you can make it hold an anhyzer, but generally they require about 400' of power to fly at -2 HSS. I personally don't have the arm for them to fly understable (unless its a light headwind), but when I relase them with anhyzer, they hold a beautiful turn that does (given enough height) fade back. If you want a disc that will not fade back, get a P PD and beat it in. Rollers and long turnovers :)

SMBlakeC said:
I am planning on buying a couple Discmania discs. I am wondering what your weight preferences are seeing as how I have a choice when I go to buy them..

The ones I am getting are:
C-Line DD2 Frenzy Weight Choices: 170-172 // 175 I am thinking about going with the 175, I am a fan of a bit heavier discs
C-Line MD2 Fiend Weight Choices: 170-174 // 175-177 // 178-180 Again I was thinking about the 175-177 range.
D-Line P2 Putter Weight Choices: 170-172 // 173-175 I like heavier putters so I am 99% sure I want to go with the heaviest one on this one.

My other/last questions are, should I go with the plastics I have now or should I go down a plastic grade on the mid-range and driver and/or up a plastic grade on the putter? And is, in your guys' opinion, the 'PD2' better than the 'DD2'? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance. :)
PD2 and DD2 are totally different kinds of discs. The DD2 is meant to sit between the Boss and the Katana, meaning "more reliable than a Katana, easier to throw than the Boss". Personally I've had my best experiences with the ES (Echo Star) and S-Line DD2s, the C left me underwhelmed. Though mine was a CFR disc, not sure if it's the same run as the current production runs. If you look up a bit you can see some praise for the production C.

PD2 on the other hand is meant to be a beefier, slightly faster XCaliber. PD2 is better in the wind and DD2 is better for all-out distance. As for weights, just get what you normally use. I haven't found a difference in flight between weights in mine, only the flat topped green ES-DD2s have been more overstable.

P2 is a helluva putter, just get a weight you're used to. Try driving it sometimes. =)

C-MD2s are usually best when flat and gummy, especially the opaque pink ones are nice. P-Line MD2s are also very very tasty (though not godlike anymore, like the first run orange ones were), and D-MD2s should be available at some point. Got 10 European Open ones and I've been working one in. Tacoed it a couple of times, just bent it back and it still flies neural, actually a bit too LSS for what I got it for. Hopefully they'll beat in eventually.

Hagman said:
How stable is the C-line TD compared to Lat64 River? Are they around the same stability?
I've had plenty of Rivers that all of them are in different stabilities when I've gotten them. Some are like Vulcan some are like Teebird.

The TDs also vary, just like every other disc. The stiffer S-Lines (usually found at weights around 170) are more stable and generally fly dead straight. They also hold anhyzers pretty well, but require a fair bit of speed. All of mine are less domey than their more understable brethren. The gummier S-Lines are less stable, and the max weight red champystars have been the least stable out of the box for me. Still not really that understable, but they do turn and hold anhyzers terrificly. They also work great when powered down. Mine are more domey than the neutral stability ones.

C-Lines come in two varieties: The older CFR C-TDs that have the patent number tooling (and despite being from the CFR run there are plenty of production stamped ones available) and the slant rimmed production stamped ones that don't have a patent number. The CFR C-TDs are generally the most understable TDs out of the box, but still very controllable and I dare say still more stable than a Roadrunner. I don't have that much experience with the slant rimmed ones, but the one I have in my bag is about in between the stiff ones and the flippier gummy ones. They also hold anhyzer well and power down nicely.

Then there are the D-TDs, which are fliptastic, but still have the characteristic slow, gradual behavior typical to the TD.

The gummy low PLH S-Lines, most every C-Lines and definitely the D-Lines will hold anhyzers great, obviously depending on your distance.

My question is to guys who have thrown MD2's for a while now and have really beaten them in.

I've got a lime green CMD2 and I'm looking to get another MD2 but I'm not sure what to go with. I think I've seen Boot say the lime greens are more OS than all the other c-line colors, is there a noticeable difference in any other colors?

I also want to try out a S, how much of a difference is there between the C and S or even P after they are nicely beaten in? Right now my CMD2 which I've been throwing quite a bit for two months is at the point where it's really straight with a very faint fade, will it stay here for a while like champ plastic tends to do or will it wear to more understable sooner?

I'm also interested in knowing how similar the PMD2's are to Makos once they are nicely beaten in. I keep really worn Makos in my bag as an understable disc and for approaches and was wondering if I should check out the P's to replace it.

Against all the recommendations from you guys I bought a D-line TD (instead of a C-line). Fell love with the disc at the very first throw. Sadly, after three full rounds as main driver it was an unusable flipping machine. Damn. No tree hits or other big bangs, just normal casulties. Three rounds! Even for an entry level plastic that's way too soon.

Anything to learn from this episode?

A) I will never touch Discmania's new D-line again (I have a couple of First Run D-CDs, their plastic feels totally different, much harder.)
B) Gotta buy me a couple of TDs. C- and S-line.

slowarm said:
Against all the recommendations from you guys I bought a D-line TD (instead of a C-line). Fell love with the disc at the very first throw. Sadly, after three full rounds as main driver it was an unusable flipping maschine. Damn. No tree hits or other big bangs, just normal casulties. Three rounds! Even for a entry level plastic that's way too soon.

Anything to learn from this episode?

A) I will never touch Discmania's new D-line again (I have a couple of First Run D-CDs, their plastic feels totally different, much harder.)
B) Gotta buy me a couple of TDs. C- and S-line.
Yeah, that D is indeed awful. Would be a nice flippy disc if it held up for a while.

And about the C and S-Lines, you're going to have to beat them for a year or three before they're as flippy as the D-TD is out of the box. =)

jubuttib said:
Yeah, that D is indeed awful. Would be a nice flippy disc if it held up for a while.

And about the C and S-Lines, you're going to have to beat them for a year or three before they're as flippy as the D-TD is out of the box. =)

Makes me think...Maybe I should just be happy with my champ Valk and Sidewinder. The D-TD was -out of the box- just like my slightly beat up Ch Valk. Only a little bit longer...and holy s**t the glide in tailwind was amazing. I was able to throw 330"-350" with ease. Never before been so accurate in those distances. I'm maxing out somewhere at 375 (I have thrown a couple of times over 400" with some aid from the wind, but I wouldn't say I can throw 400"), but before the TD I had severe problems with accuracy whenever I was over 330".

Problem is, I'm playing about one or two rounds a week. Sometimes less. I don't want to buy a new D-line TD and I don't think I want to buy C/S-line if I must beat it in for a couple of years. Friday is pay day...maybe I'll change my mind in four days :?

Champ Valks fade enough to lose distance on low golf lines. Beast is a little longer while fading less. DX Valk fades less but will lose HSS soon.

I was wondering how the TD compares to a proline Rogue stability wise. I've been contemplating auditioning discs for my Rogue spot. I use my beat Rogue for rollers, turnovers etc, and my new one for long straight shots. My beat Rogue is getting kinda unpredictable sometimes and I was wanting something that might flip more consistently when worn and can perform the long straight shots when new.

Any word on when we might be seeing some stiffer p2's? Had our hottest day of the year so far, 85, man it was a scorcher...And the soft plastic just feels like mush in my hands which is too bad I really like the mold.

himynameismatt said:
Any word on when we might be seeing some stiffer p2's? Had our hottest day of the year so far, 85, man it was a scorcher...And the soft plastic just feels like mush in my hands which is too bad I really like the mold.
We've been wishing for this to happen for quite some time now. P-P2s have been made (I think it was last year) and they were a stiffer blend of P-Line, but alas they haven't been released to the public yet.

jubuttib said:
himynameismatt said:
We've been wishing for this to happen for quite some time now. P-P2s have been made (I think it was last year) and they were a stiffer blend of P-Line, but alas they haven't been released to the public yet.

I'll take 85! That sounds wonderful! We've been in the upper 90's and 100's here in Charlotte. I've been out for a few rounds, and as long as I don't let my bag sit in the sun, my D P2's held up fine. However, I would love to get a stiffer D line, or something like a KC Pro P2 :eek:

Discmania has mentioned them a couple of times on their Facebook page when I asked them about the possibility of a stiffer P2, and Dave D has talked about them sometimes. There is very little info available about them.

Yeah I tried using my S-Line as a putter and it's super slick...Would love to see a p2 that was like a kc pro, I'd even take Yeti Pro stiffness if I had to.

So here's something odd....

Has anyone come across any Freak S-PDs that look to have a Vulcan-like top? I say Vulcan-like and not Proto-PD top because my proto-top PDs have the Patent# on the bottom; these did NOT. Odd, and needless to say I was not interested. Sucks because I can never find any S-PDs around the Charlotte area, and I don't like to order online because I am extremely picky when it comes to picking out my PDs.

Anyways, I hope Innova hasn't ****** up another disc.

Latest posts