• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Just got a couple DD's in the mail today. Can't believe how domey these suckers are. As domey as any Pro Destroyer Are even the domey ones glideless?

Peot said:
They definitely don't turn, but the MD2 is a beautiful anhyzer disc. It holds lines well. This may be semantics but it isn't really the case that any disc "goes anyhzer" from a flat release, right? They may have high or low HSS, but there's a big difference between turn and anhyzer
Correct. Hyzer and anhyzer have to do with only one thing. The way they are released.

Just got back from field testing my new DD's. From the first throw we instantly clicked. I have 3. A domey 172 P-Line, A even domier max wt S-line and a relatively flat max wt S-Line. The P bombs very wraith like. My domey S def doesn't lack glide well at least like I thought it might. The flat one on the other hand was pretty overstable and glideless though. Like a flat TeeRex.

himynameismatt said:
Just got a couple DD's in the mail today. Can't believe how domey these suckers are. As domey as any Pro Destroyer Are even the domey ones glideless?
Nah, only the First Runs and any freaky flat ones since were glideless. Most of the newer ones are tasty.

Someone give me the lowdown on the C-DD2's please. I have picked up a couple and they're bombing. I was wondering if anyone had kinda ran the gamut on these things and could let me know their characteristics when thrown in different winds and what not, how they beat in, and that sort of thing.

Thanks!

While it ain't as hard as some harder versions of Champion plastic i think you need to pound these a lot until they break in as much as P DD2 will fairly soon. C fades way more than a broken in P. It won't take many hits to break in a P but it seems so stop changing well enough but i do lack long term regular use with my broken in P DD2.

More Discmania has found a spot in my bag today. P2 is now my main putter. I still use my Wizards off the tee and for long approaches but as strictly putting putter I get a much cleaner release w/o the bead and it flies just as stable as a putter. I def can't wait to get this in a stiffer plastic. If they started any softer I probably wouldn't like them as much.

himynameismatt said:
More Discmania has found a spot in my bag today. P2 is now my main putter. I still use my Wizards off the tee and for long approaches but as strictly putting putter I get a much cleaner release w/o the bead and it flies just as stable as a putter. I def can't wait to get this in a stiffer plastic. If they started any softer I probably wouldn't like them as much.

I've found my D P2's to stand up well to a beating and still fly really stable off the tee. I'm now using them for <200' shots off the tee, and they still don't want to flip much at all at that distance, even after a few months of use.

Hit my first 70' jump putt with my p2. Before that was throw in range could never get consistent results with a wizard. I am still prefering the wiz off the tee and as an approach disc. I get a better grip on the Wizard, I feel like the rim is just a lil shallower. One thing i've found about the p2 is that the really blunt nose that helps it stick in the chains so great also causes it to lose a lot of momentum pretty quickly on even the thinnest brush. Wizard on the otherhand has more of a bullet nose that punches through leaves, branches etc. a lot better.

does discmania make there discs in lighter weights? I like both the dd and dd2 but i recently drop my driver weight down to the low 160"s (getting old is a bitch) and haven't scene any discmania stuff below 168.

money 21 said:
does discmania make there discs in lighter weights? I like both the dd and dd2 but i recently drop my driver weight down to the low 160"s (getting old is a bitch) and haven't scene any discmania stuff below 168.
Seen some 167s occasionally, and I do have a 156 P-PD, but they're not really common.

Just wanted to check back in on my testing of the C-DD2's.

I was down in hilton head SC this past weekend for a friends wedding. The gaggle of groomsmen all decided to play tom triplet park and the sarge which are courses roughly around the area. Schwebby showed us around tom triplet and there were plenty of holes open for distance driver shots. The CDD2 held a hyzer when I needed it to swing out over an ob road and come back in at around 380ft or so. When thrown flat and hard, the CDD2 turned over a bit (not more than 6 or 7' of turn) and then stayed straight fading flat left for a great shot on a long hole. I over shot the hole by around 20 or so, all in all around 410 maybe factoring in slight uphill. Another shot required a quick hyzer over another road OB that then flattened out so I wouldn't skip past an elevated fairway, this shot worked out well because with a hard snap the DD2 popped up pretty fast from hyzer and flew relatively flat fading left. Finally, I showed my am. side and on hole 17 when I wanted to murder this disc over an ob "river" road on anhyzer, I put the nose up just a tad and this thing stalled and dropped like any other boss (insert wide rim driver here) would.

So to sum it up:
380ft of power on a hyzer = holds hyzer well. Even in headwind (not brutal headwind or anything)
410 or so ft of power thrown flat = will turn a bit then flatten up and start fading forward/left . Pretty predictable
410 or so ft of power thrown hyzer = will pop up from hyzer within the first 100ft or so but then start hyzering out very shallowly
MURDER POWER! Sacrificing all form and trying to force the turnover = don't nose up it or it will act just like any other wide rimmed driver :wink:

All in all I'm liking it, I ordered some more and will keep testing. They require a little less power than a brand new boss, and kinda remind me of the flight of the less stable first run bosses (those things were my jam).

Trey133 said:
Just wanted to check back in on my testing of the C-DD2's.

I was down in hilton head SC this past weekend for a friends wedding. The gaggle of groomsmen all decided to play tom triplet park and the sarge which are courses roughly around the area. Schwebby showed us around tom triplet and there were plenty of holes open for distance driver shots. The CDD2 held a hyzer when I needed it to swing out over an ob road and come back in at around 380ft or so. When thrown flat and hard, the CDD2 turned over a bit (not more than 6 or 7' of turn) and then stayed straight fading flat left for a great shot on a long hole. I over shot the hole by around 20 or so, all in all around 410 maybe factoring in slight uphill. Another shot required a quick hyzer over another road OB that then flattened out so I wouldn't skip past an elevated fairway, this shot worked out well because with a hard snap the DD2 popped up pretty fast from hyzer and flew relatively flat fading left. Finally, I showed my am. side and on hole 17 when I wanted to murder this disc over an ob "river" road on anhyzer, I put the nose up just a tad and this thing stalled and dropped like any other boss (insert wide rim driver here) would.

So to sum it up:
380ft of power on a hyzer = holds hyzer well. Even in headwind (not brutal headwind or anything)
410 or so ft of power thrown flat = will turn a bit then flatten up and start fading forward/left . Pretty predictable
410 or so ft of power thrown hyzer = will pop up from hyzer within the first 100ft or so but then start hyzering out very shallowly
MURDER POWER! Sacrificing all form and trying to force the turnover = don't nose up it or it will act just like any other wide rimmed driver :wink:

All in all I'm liking it, I ordered some more and will keep testing. They require a little less power than a brand new boss, and kinda remind me of the flight of the less stable first run bosses (those things were my jam).

I have mixed feelings for the DD2. I have them in E*, regular S, C-line, and the original CFR c-line. I have rotated them with my proto and early run champ bosses thinking that maybe they could replace them - but they can't. I do love being able to get a nice s-curve or hyzer flip right out of the box, and you are right they definitely bomb. I think they lack glide compared to the proto bosses and are definitely more nose angle sensitive like the katana. And, I also feel like they lose their sweet spot rather quickly. My CFR c-lines and E*s beat in fast and became useless for that stable to understable power slot in my bag (unless there was a big tailwind). Conversely most of my bosses that I have had for quite some time still have at least some stability left.

Hey Mark,

What are you using the DD2's for? Right now I'm doing strictly wide open distance. For other shots where I require stability or confidence in fading at certain points I'm using my PD's. How long was the break in period on your C's?

Thanks!

Trey133 said:
Hey Mark,

What are you using the DD2's for? Right now I'm doing strictly wide open distance. For other shots where I require stability or confidence in fading at certain points I'm using my PD's. How long was the break in period on your C's?

Thanks!

Hey Trey,

I use my DD2s for the same purpose. Renny is my home course and you should know there is plenty of holes where you can bomb drives. Problem is there is also a lot of OB there too, so needless to say you have to be accurate in your drives as well. I can get my bosses and dd2s out to 450-475 on routine, but will usually power down so as to have a little more predictability. Problem is for me that the dd2s still are not anywhere as predictable unless I get them high enough or at the right nose angle. I find the boss a little more forgiving. I have found that the dd2s get a little squirrely after 6 months of routine use. While I know I suffer from some slight OAT, I think that there are other discs (stable/beat destroyers, beat bosses) that fly consistent and just as far.

I completely understand,

I'm gonna keep working with them and see how long it takes to get them squirrely. Thanks for the tips on how they'll behave in the future! BTW I graduate grad school in about 16 days and am looking into moving down to Charlotte. Hopefully we'll get some rounds in together!

Trey133 said:
I completely understand,

I'm gonna keep working with them and see how long it takes to get them squirrely. Thanks for the tips on how they'll behave in the future! BTW I graduate grad school in about 16 days and am looking into moving down to Charlotte. Hopefully we'll get some rounds in together!

Congrats on your Masters or PhD! I have two years to go for mine....it sucks.

PM me when you get situated here, it'd be great to play some rounds with ya.

Oh and to stay on topic, let me know what you think of the DD2 once you get past that 'honeymoon stage.' I never hear much about that disc (although I think I have heard discspeed chime in), so it's interesting to see what others think. I haven't kicked it out of my bag yet so to say, as I still have a shit ton of them. I guess I haven't decided for myself if its the disc for me or not. Well, that and I still have lots of first-run Bosses.

Trey133 said:
I completely understand,

Be sure to come on out to one of the CDGC leagues. Not sure if you have seen the forum, but here it is if you haven't - http://charlottedgc.invisionzone.com/

And now back to Discmania...

Went out to Ashe county parks today for a little West Jeff action here in the high country. Shot a two under 59 (unofficial 1010 rated) from the pro pads, not terrible being that I'm pretty out of practice.

Wanted to talk about the CDD2's again and also the S-TD that I replaced my C-TD with.

CDD2's, I threw them I think 3 times as second shots (I stick with PD's TD's out at Ashe because you don't really need the extra distance). All three times they did exactly what I wanted. If any of you guys know hole 9 out at ashe, I took one of the CDD2's and got over the road from pro pads. It was pretty amazing. That is a long disc.

S-TD's, I like these better than the C-TD's because of the normal rim. I picked up a champy star red TD and am really liking it already. Much more of a fast leopard than my CTD.

I am planning on buying a couple Discmania discs. I am wondering what your weight preferences are seeing as how I have a choice when I go to buy them..

The ones I am getting are:
C-Line DD2 Frenzy Weight Choices: 170-172 // 175 I am thinking about going with the 175, I am a fan of a bit heavier discs
C-Line MD2 Fiend Weight Choices: 170-174 // 175-177 // 178-180 Again I was thinking about the 175-177 range.
D-Line P2 Putter Weight Choices: 170-172 // 173-175 I like heavier putters so I am 99% sure I want to go with the heaviest one on this one.

My other/last questions are, should I go with the plastics I have now or should I go down a plastic grade on the mid-range and driver and/or up a plastic grade on the putter? And is, in your guys' opinion, the 'PD2' better than the 'DD2'? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance. :)