• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

I'm pretty sure even I could get closer than 60 feet with a Comet. :\

So he blew by the basket? Now I have to take my Comet out and see how close I can get at 300'.

Thanks for sharing this. The Ultrastar is what sets Discraft apart from every other brand mentioned in this thread because none of them have a strong foothold in the Ultimate game. I never put much thought into how that disc essentially became the de facto disc for Ultimate, so it was great to see the history behind it all.

It would be interesting to the see the numbers on it though. Discraft can't just sit back and ride the Ultimate market to keep things afloat, especially if Innovas Pulsar takes off. DG is growing, I'm guessing Ultimate is still growing as well, so there's plenty of potential for DC to step it up again.

I think ultimate is well ahead of disc golf a more similar to lacrosse at this point and time. Lots of schools support ultimate Frisbee and are only now just getting more exposure to disc golf (here locally where we have a HUGE scene and it is common place for a course to be located on school ground in the past few years) But that wasn't always true and they generally always have been a football or soccer field and gym class in which ultimate can be exposed in. Lots of years of history for one brand to dominate a market as well as built in ideology similar to like how we USED TO SEE HERE all the roc vs buzz threads or converting bag to DC from innova etc.. not going "team trilogy or looking for MVP replacements for X disc THEY DIDNT EXSIST!

Glad you enjoyed the article linked and check out some of the other topics which is linked through that article in highlighted key subjects as I found those very well done also.

I tried to find a link to some of the old time board members and DC company affliates which would show some kind of conflict of interest and why they basically dominate the uliatmate market but it appears the market itself was so niche back then that the people involved all were fairly close to one another anyways and those who made decisions (which I still believe is some what true to this day even with the PDGA) have a conflict of interest with the policies as well as programs/rules/regulations etc... While collectively you can say its not a issue as it evens out but the history of the sports doesn't allow for an even representation of discs as WHAMO DOESNT EVEN MAKE A DISC GOLF DISC AND THEY ARE THE "Frisbee" KINGS!

I knew this would make a fun thread :D

More discs in disc golf is not a bad thing.. Look at the #1 in the game and get back to me on # of molds lol.....
And look how many of them get so easily forgotten within six months of release. The Archon, Dominator, Krait, Lycan, Mamba, Teedevil. All released in the last three years. Yeah, I'm sure some players are bagging them, but I sure don't see too many.

INNOVA HAS MORE OOP MODELS THAN THESE NEW COMPANIES BEING COMPARED HAVE ENTIRE LINE-UPS!
Not all that outstanding a fact when you have a 25+ year head start and have seen plenty of trends come and go in that time. You'd think with that much experience, they'd learn not to throw the babies out with the bathwater.

I'm completely confused now. What is it exactly that you think Discraft needs to do?

WHAMO DOESNT EVEN MAKE A DISC GOLF DISC AND THEY ARE THE "Frisbee" KINGS!

jrvoce01.jpg

Let me answer this really simple... MVP doesn't have 30 years of disc sports behind them to do much of anything besides build a brand'

They are a disc golf manufacture and make it possible for anyone to get in the disc golf business. I have sold TONS of MVP plastic (as a retailer) in the past few months and it does nothing but grow the sport. Do you know MikeC? The OP you quote isn't about supporting touring pros.

Wait, what? This makes no sense. In the OP you quote EMac as saying Discraft needs to do more for their players, but the OP isn't about supporting touring pros? And you're saying that MVP is growing the sport because they have you as a retailer? That's it? That's their entire marketing strategy, MikeC and guys who sell their discs on Facebook?

Again I ask, why would Discraft blow money on marketing when doing next to nothing other than social media hype works just fine for MVP?

Apparently you don't understand business at all. You can do more for your players without spending much $ at all in todays world and DG market.

Apparently you don't understand business at all. You can do more for your players without spending much $ at all in todays world and DG market.

How? I'm not trying to troll you here, I'm just not following your logic. MVP doesn't even have players, right? So they don't spend anything at all supporting them!

Let's do this... give me a numbered list of all the things you think Discraft should be doing that they aren't and why. That would help immensely, particularly since I don't understand the business or, apparently, this thread...

i throw majority discraft. but i will say one thing. they need better looking stamps. thats all i have to bitch about. those circle stamps are just stupid. so thats my fuel for the fire.

however i have wasps with og stability that i bought a few years back. took like 3 years for the flx buzz to show any signs of stability changes. ive had the same stalker and wasp in the bag for i think 3+ years.

i dont really think they need to do more. i believe they have one of the best/cheapest deals around for plastic for tourneys dont they?

could they do more/host more tourneys, yeah probably. are they getting by just fine by not, yeah probably

I think Aim is just trying to say what he always does: MVP is the number one retailer in disc golf and they do everything right and if you don't throw MVP you suck.

Good thing I throw the Volt

:::ruffles feathers:::
:::leaves:::

I think Aim is just trying to say what he always does: MVP is the number one retailer in disc golf and they do everything right and if you don't throw MVP you suck.

Good thing I throw the Volt

:::ruffles feathers:::
:::leaves:::

In The GOLF MAHAL

Giant-Tern- Firebird-OLF-Banshee-Teebird-Patriot- Rocs-Suspect Envy-BB Aviars-Polecat

and not a single DC disc.. lol MY BAG WAS FULL OF THEM AT ONE POINT NO INNOVA NO ANYTHING BUT DC. MVP didn't have discs when I started playing disc golf.

Last edited:
YOU CAN FIND MANY OLD POSTS FROM ME TALKING ABOUT THE BUZZZ, CHALLENGER, CRUSH, FLICK, FLASH, XS, XL, METEOR, COMET, NUKE AND SO ON.... LOOK BACK AS MANY YEARS AS I HAVE BEEN THROWING DISCS BEFORE YOU TALK ****.

Discraft left the bag long ago and I am up on the new ISH. sleep on it'

I got the same crap for supporting Latitude 64.... HAHAHAHHAHA

Last edited: