• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

scoot_er said:
5 Birdies over 500ft this weekend with another hole being 646ft downhill that I missed a 20fter on.

NUKE BOMBS!!!!!!!

very nice. I birdied a 750 foot hole at circle C. two drives with the nuke, buzzz then a nice 20 footer with the VP. I was jacked

through along my eco boss, pro boss, champ tana, nuke was out distancing.. but my nuke is a 168 the rest are 175... but it was getting 25-20 ft more.. got into a little wind and it didnt flex out as well..i think it may be enough to boot out the katana, but i need the boss for more straight lines.. predictable fade(eco)

Paintball1084 said:
scoot_er said:
5 Birdies over 500ft this weekend with another hole being 646ft downhill that I missed a 20fter on.

NUKE BOMBS!!!!!!!

very nice. I birdied a 750 foot hole at circle C. two drives with the nuke, buzzz then a nice 20 footer with the VP. I was jacked

A few may have been par 4s but when I say birdie it means a 2.

Anyway I don't think i could have done it with any other disc.

I was digging on the nuke until yesterday. I hit a brick at about 400 ft. yesterday and it absolutely obliterated my FR Nuke. Now I have to decide if I want to get another one or not.

BLURR said:
I was digging on the nuke until yesterday. I hit a brick at about 400 ft. yesterday and it absolutely obliterated my FR Nuke. Now I have to decide if I want to get another one or not.

What CAN hit a brick when you've thrown it that hard and not show serious damage? Don't say opto plastic, cause I can shoe you two examples of where you would be wrong from my own bag.

nuke = taco
sorry i have to agree....
Z Force does not taco when it smashing a tree flying at the speed of sound... first available...that's how I ROLL.

One time I threw a max weight champ roadrunner at an actual brick wall with staggered bricks on its face--a truly torturous medium of disc destruction--for an hour! It didnt do JACK to the disc! Im looking at the RR right now and it does have some burrs and scratches, but no scratch or scrape is more than a surface scuff and the shape is utterly the same as a brand new RR. It still has a ton of stabiltiy left too....it basically flies like a new one tuned a little bit. I am very confident I could do the same thing to a z XL, probably an opto striker, definitely a Timberwofl etc. Really any disc that has the super tough champ/z type plastic (I know they are actually different--nylon vs something). But yeah...star and ESP just arent like that...which I like for a disc I want to beat in...like maybe...a nuke?!

Thommie said:
Z Nuke.... Ill take 12.

While this sounds good in theory, I'm not so sure. I haven't liked the flight or feel of Z plastic in any disc with a wider rim than a Pred...Since FLX came out there Z plastic has been shitty in some runs of all their discs (soft/scuffable/warpable). I like Z Buzzzes because they are durable/remain stable,and I'm not concerned with getting max D with them, but ESP discs seem to fly farther in about every mold Discraft makes. It seems like the faster the disc, the more this is true. ESP Flashes/Surges/Forces WAY outdistance their Z brethren in my experience.

:lol: yeah... Nuke plastic

in practice i was playing this parking lot as OB water trying to bust strong-headwind drives across. like 3 discs outta my bag made it, the rest dove into the asphalt. i could spot damage on a couple discs, but the Nuke had lost a *chunk*. not just shredded a tiny bit like the other Star and ESP, but raggedy chunk removed, maybe the size of a thumbnail.

nuke and headwind do not belong in the same sentence... unless the words "do not" are in there somewhere...imo..idk..stt..

Thommie said:
nuke and headwind do not belong in the same sentence... unless the words "do not" are in there somewhere...imo..idk..stt..

I've had no problems controlling my Nukes in headwinds to 25mph so far. I just give them a little hyzer. We're still talking about a super fast disc that is somewhat stable. I do look forward to trying a Nuke X if they release them as a compliment for an even better choice into the wind.

i like the nuke but I won't be getting anymore unless the plastic improves. didn't work well w/ my FH anyway

You guys are all saying these are flipping in headwinds for you. The one I threw yesterday was (green with the production stamp) was really fast and overstable and I couldn't even flip it all the way flat into the wind. Which ones are the flippier ones, those are the ones I want to try? I don't usually like the esp plastic but this stuff feels really nice,kina like innova pro plastic which is my favorite.

memorial nukes yellow or orange flip nicely.. the first runs after 3-7 run ins with a tree at 87mph they will flip too.

Latest posts