• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

I'm also really digging the nuke. It's not as touchy as the boss or halo. Also they handle winds great.

I'm tossing blue and white 1st runs.

Oh, I have Green 1st runs, and I can get them to move right before finishing left, which is exactly what I want in a distance driver.

Timko said:
Oh, I have Green 1st runs, and I can get them to move right before finishing left, which is exactly what I want in a distance driver.

The minty greens are my favorite. They are a little flatter and more solid feeling than some of the others. The domeys fly fine for me backhand, but feel weird for my forehand, and also get bounced around a little more by the wind imo.

I have 1 minty and 2 kelly greens. They're both around 171. I threw a friend's broken in 174 Yellow, it got out of the HS portion of it's flight way quicker.

Timko said:
I almost threw my Nuke into the lake at Prairie Center in Olathe, KS this weekend (Hole #15). About 420' to the hole, and I was 25' past the basket (and about 3' from the lake).

I always needed to either mash something straight or throw a flex to break 400'. While it's not like I'm throwing 400' on demand now, I can throw a lot closer to 400' consistently.

i let a guy use my valk at that park. he put it in the middle of the lake. i got lucky the first time i played that course. i was in the water, but only 2 ft. from the shore. i'm pretty sure one of my favorite holes there is #13. it works well for my left handed forehand. looking forward to trying out my nukes at that course, but what i'm looking forward to more is trying them on the MONSTER #14 hole at Kanza Park in Ottawa, KS.

For some reason Discraft sent us 100 second run Nukes that are ALL THE SAME COLOR. Why the hell would you sent a retailer 100 of the same anything? It makes them a lot harder to sell, because it turns out some people like different things.(we need the "hitting head against brick wall" smiley from DGCR) Anyway, rant over.

I took one of our 2nd run Nukes out to test it today. It is sort of an undefinable color...Its like a bleached out, yet fluorescent red...sounds sort of like pink? But these discs aren't quite pink either. They lack the "femininity" to be really pink. So to those who seek pink, they're not quite right, and to those who loathe pink they are close enough to pass on. Anyway, they are flatter than most FRs, but not flat. They have a nicely shaped moderate dome. Flightwise it bombs. It is a little less stable than the FRs, but really carries and gets a nice flight. Its going in the bag alongside my mint green FRs (which were the most stable I've thrown).

what is the stamp on the 2nd runs? just the discraft, nuke and esp markings?

BIF13 said:
any body else thrown the regular production runs of the nuke?

I tested a 2nd run in yellow. Flew just like my 1st run in red, which is to say: superbly.

Now that I've had some more throws with my 2nd run, I must say that it is CONSIDERABLY LESS STABLE than all the FRs I've thrown. It flipped on me twice today where even the FR I tacoed would not have.

That just sucks asshole. I have 5 or 6 1st runs in 3 different colors and weights from 169 to 174 and they are al just about the same flight wise. I don't want to hunt down 1st runs. I really didn't like the memorial ones.

Dave, I would imagine that you just need to hunt down the domey ones.

I used this disc a lot today at Swope. It's the first day this year that's been over 75 degrees with only a 10 mph wind. I pushed some of the pins into their par 3.5 positions, and really got to crush on this disc. It sails so much in a tailwind, and can take a 10 mph headwind well with a predictable move to the right. My 1st run normally comes back at the end as well.

All I know is that these nukes fly like the best boss I ever owned. I could only find that one boss, but now I have a few nukes that fly just like it.

Ya, it's one of the best distance drivers I've thrown in a long time. The three green 1st runs I've got are $$$. After throwing only PDs for a while, I'm starting to outdistance most of my friends throwing the Nuke now.

I just got a couple greens in and they are nice. They are getting some Android logos dyed on them.