• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

i got a light blue production with highlighter yellow swirls in it... more stable than my fr.. which has nailed some trees

discspeed said:
Now that I've had some more throws with my 2nd run, I must say that it is CONSIDERABLY LESS STABLE than all the FRs I've thrown. It flipped on me twice today where even the FR I tacoed would not have.
I hope the Nukes @ frisbeepoint.fi are first runs then...

I just got a production run yellow 168g Nuke and can say that it's got a good amount of stability to it. With that being said, my Nuke does have a nice dome to it, and found today that it didn't flip at all when thrown into a 10mph headwind. Actually it didn't even track right at all(RHBH), just nice and straight with good penetrating fade and forward skip at the end of it's flight. I've been auditioning an EchoStar Boss, Goldline Halo, and my Nuke for the uber-fast spot in my bag. So far I've been liking the Nuke, but I want to try the others a little more before I make my final decision.

I threw a heavy yellow one, and it was considerably more overstable than the greens I've got.

have thrown white, red, blue FR's and they are all within a couple grams of each other, and all comparable in stability .
they are all a little more stable than the memorial i threw

Roc Lover said:
have thrown white, red, blue FR's and they are all within a couple grams of each other, and all comparable in stability .
they are all a little more stable than the memorial i threw

This. Exactly this.

That being said, the Memorial is the one I keep taking out to the course with me to play with. If the 2nd Run are like the Memorials, then I guess I'm going to have to spend money I don't have on a couple.

My bowling green nuke is WAYYYYYYY less stable than FR and regular production nukes.

jubuttib said:
discspeed said:
Now that I've had some more throws with my 2nd run, I must say that it is CONSIDERABLY LESS STABLE than all the FRs I've thrown. It flipped on me twice today where even the FR I tacoed would not have.
I hope the Nukes @ frisbeepoint.fi are first runs then...

I bought mine there and if I remember the stamp description of second runs correctly they have second runs.

Wasn't the only difference that the first runs have "First Run" on the disc while the second runs have no such marking?

No "First Run" on the Bowling Green nukes,

and they turn right out of the hand like a backwards nascar race.

I've been throwing rounds with my Memorial Nuke for several months now. It's beating in a bit, actually got a few scrapes on it. It's picking up dirt like a mofo. It's the only Discraft that's really stuck in my bag so I'm not used to the ESP plastic. I'm diggin it. I'm still sticking with my Nuke/Pro-Katana combo. This nuke bombs straight and comes back for me even with being beat in a bit. I'd have to say it's almost like a Teebird on crack. I haven't turned it over yet, which I love. But I have thrown some HUGE anny lines with LOTS of height and they hold the anny for a little while.

I took all but 1 of my Orcs out of my bag. I used to carry 4. Now my Star Orc is the only one that I use and it's only occasionally. So instead of my old setup with 4 orcs and a valk, I'm switching it up with a Nuke/Pro Katana setup and 1 orc...
That'll cover my long range game, Fairway game will be covered (hopefully, if I like em) by the DGR PDs coming in. I'm hoping they'll be like longer Teebird shots for me...

So I'll have my new bag setup kind of well rounded.
Firebird/xXx - overstable
Controlled fairway drivers - Orc, PDs
BOMB drivers - Nuke/Katana
3 Rocs.

Okay here the deal...the nuke is my longest disc. My 174 FR teal nuke is consistently just a bit farther than my katana which was my longest disc. However, the nuke feels deeper and domier and needs more height...this is less of a golf line. It seems like I cant give the nuke as much hyzer as the katana...if I give the nuke 45 degrees of hyzer I tend to oat it over or hit is cleanly and it doesnt turn at all and gets 35% less D. The katana seems to react better to being oated from a deep hyzer and doesnt turn and burn as easily. In an open field I would go with the nuke, but for a long low ceiling...have to go katana.

JR said:
No such text on mine.
I got mine today. Yellow first run with a purple stamp @ 171. Looks AWESOME. Goes together beautifully with turso's FLX Surge (same colors, the yellow is not as vibrant on the FLX though).

It is a long disc. I think the main thing limiting my distance with it is the rim width, I can't get a really comfortable grip. Still, not bad by any means, and holds a line surprisingly well. More reliable than any Katana I've thrown, except the most stable ones and they weren't as long.

Going to stick with my P-DDs though, I get the same distance with less effort and better consistency (though if I just practiced more with the Nuke I think I'd manage about the same consistency). Every hyper-speed driver I have tried just makes me fall in love with my P-DDs more... =)

Still left to try: Halo.

discspeed said:
For some reason Discraft sent us 100 second run Nukes that are ALL THE SAME COLOR. Why the hell would you sent a retailer 100 of the same anything? It makes them a lot harder to sell, because it turns out some people like different things.(we need the "hitting head against brick wall" smiley from DGCR)

We just got 100 in as well... 2 colors. That's pretty weak.

Reminds me of Comic Book Guy...

"Last night's Itchy & Scratchy was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured I was on the Internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world."

anybody throwing second runs? I've read they are less stable than the 1st runs, any experiences out there?

BIF13 said:
anybody throwing second runs? I've read they are less stable than the 1st runs, any experiences out there?
The one I threw was flat and WAY less stable than my memorial or the 2 first runs I have, while the fr and memorials were pretty comparable to the stability of your average boss the production was about as easy to turn for me as a Wraith. (For reference my bh distance is a pretty consistent 380'

discspeed said:

I got a 173g ESP Nuke from a tourney this past weekend. Threw it into a headwind and it flipped really hard - stayed up, but that's because I had too much nose up. I threw a couple forces and a destroyer and none of them flipped like the Nuke. At my power level, I would not have expected it to turn - especially at 173g.

I tried out some 172 esp nukes today and was consistantly about 30 feet farther than any thing else I had in my bag. had to get used to the wide rim and make sure i kept the nose down but for the most part I found them fairly consistant and was reaching about 330 - 350 with em. I wouldnt mind trying em out in a X or D plastic ....if they even have them in that plastic yet

Latest posts