• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Whoo boy is my X Nuke 167 a thin flight plated mushy disc under the thumb if i move the thumb away from on top of the wing. I fear for the durability of the flight plate. Of course a disc this shape and speed in X needs babying and not smacking objects within 300' maybe more. But a thrown at any distance has a great chance of puncturing the flight plate. I just a load of new discs i need to try and i'm stuck at work totally broken in body. Ouch. So it will take some time before i can throw any of these. Of the torment, temptation and agony. :cry:

Having messed around with about 20 different distance drivers in the last couple of months, I can say with confidence that Z Nukes are still the longest disc out there for me. Also one of the most controllable.

If I was going to choose a disc that is a little bit more controllable, but still quite long, I'd go with Destroyers.

If anybody has a purple Z Nuke from right when they first came out, I would probably buy it from you. I only got 3 at the time, but I haven't thrown any Z's since then that are as stable. Luckily, it was nice Z plastic, so my first one hasn't even begun to really wear out.

Ryan C said:
If anybody has a purple Z Nuke from right when they first came out, I would probably buy it from you. I only got 3 at the time, but I haven't thrown any Z's since then that are as stable. Luckily, it was nice Z plastic, so my first one hasn't even begun to really wear out.

I picked some up recently that are pinkish red that have a higher plh than the others I've seen. I haven't thrown the 1st run purples to I can't reference to them but the reddish pink are pretty stable. You might check em out...

Dump truck said:
Ryan C said:

I picked some up recently that are pinkish red that have a higher plh than the others I've seen. I haven't thrown the 1st run purples to I can't reference to them but the reddish pink are pretty stable. You might check em out...

Thanks, that's a useful tip.

I have a handful of z nukes and they all fly different. Kind of frustrating. I have come to realize that the destroyer is the best of the max d discs for me.

rusch_bag said:
I have a handful of z nukes and they all fly different. Kind of frustrating. I have come to realize that the destroyer is the best of the max d discs for me.
I agree that each Nuke can be different. As long as they are not super flat I like them though. They are the easiest/most controllable max D for me. I would still trust any Destroyer more for accuracy, but for all out distance I haven't found anything better.

Looking for info on the standard Z runs vs the Glo runs specifically for glide and durability.

Thanks in advance

I'd stay away from glo and mess with the regular Z runs. You'll find that the glo's are all over the spectrum. Most of the ones I've corralled are super flips.

Ive only thrown one z and one glow, but my findings from that very limited sample are the same.

I still think that the Nuke is one of the best distance discs out there. It flies far, with relatively little effort compared to its contemporaries.

The purple ones are the only ones that I really like, and unfortunately I only got 3 of them. I haven't been able to find any more.

Anyone get a chance to throw the sparkle Z's yet? Wondering if they fly any diff than the regular Z's, are molded diff... etc.. .

Thanks!

BoyntonStreet said:
Anyone get a chance to throw the sparkle Z's yet? Wondering if they fly any diff than the regular Z's, are molded diff... etc.. .

Thanks!

I saw a bunch with warped tops...Like the old ESP Forces, one part of the flight plate is clearly sunken in asymmetrically. Other than that they were very flat. I'm guessing they are going to be flippy, but I haven't compared PLH.

the problem with the flippy Forces was that while they where understable, they had little glide, so you still had to throw hard to get it to go, for this type of line the Nuke is MUCH better. Longer and easier to throw.

Apparently there's a Nuke OS coming out as well as SS. Facebook update from discraft : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150123576367054&set=a.94177557053.88820.55094352053

What do you guys think of the name OS? I mean how does that compare to SS? Seems like it sould be Nuke O.S. and U.S. to me...

Nuke SS, you mean Super Stable...