• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Frank Delicious said:
I am hoping the X nukes are in the same plastic as the X forces.

I thought you didn't like the Nuke, Frank? Or have you finally learned how to throw it?

Come on FHThrower, I was almost wanting to defend you a little bit in that River thread, but it seems like you go out of your way to pick fights.

FHthrower said:
Frank Delicious said:
I am hoping the X nukes are in the same plastic as the X forces.

I thought you didn't like the Nuke, Frank? Or have you finally learned how to throw it?

Hi FH, how are you today? Me? I am pretty good but pretty busy at work. I hope you are not too busy today. Anyway, do you have any comments on the nuke coming out in X plastic? If not I will have to let you know I am just gonna delete your poor attempts at trolling if you continue.

p.s. typing "hey the nuke in x plastic is good" followed by you trying to troll or complain does not count as an on topic post.

I would have to agree with DGDave on the X-Forces. Those things were to bomb. Here's to hoping that the X-Nuke will make it into regular production and that it is that same mix that was used for the Force.

I love the nuke. I carry 3 in my bag right now. I just wish they stayed stable longer. It seems like I buy one and it is perfect right out of the box. Then about a month later it becomes my new sidewinder replacement disc. The Z nuke was a little better but I would like something that would be extremely overstable to start so I could beat it in a bit and have it still be perfect.

btw I know it is only a 1.6 and isn't suppose to be overstable. But I think theyre perfect to start. They just get flippy way to fast for my liking.

Lost my nuke has anyone seen it?
huf11w.jpg

Just trying out the picture posting. :D
Cool! That was easy.

They look sweet with the big nuke logo in the middle.

Couldn't find em at any stores yet though

Bet that stamp will flatten the hell out of them and make them flippy and suck the glide out.

I've held one and it felt like the ESP mold but don't hold me to that as I am not a Nuke thrower. It was unstamped but was domey as all get out. From what I heard they are the flippiest and glidiest Nukes.

Frank Delicious said:
Big Jerm was saying they are flippy but not uncontrollably so. Bombers on open holes.

Sounds maybe like the Pro Destroyer...? I'd be interested in hearing about it when anybody here throws an X-Nuke. I also wonder about its longevity given the relative sharpness of its rim.

JHern said:
Frank Delicious said:
Big Jerm was saying they are flippy but not uncontrollably so. Bombers on open holes.

Sounds maybe like the Pro Destroyer...? I'd be interested in hearing about it when anybody here throws an X-Nuke. I also wonder about its longevity given the relative sharpness of its rim.

And the softness of some X. Is this a hard blend? My flattish dark pink Z Nuke 169 flips a little and my blue FR ESP 169 with a huge dome won't flip at all. Even when broken in my 168 Pro Destros flip less than my new Z Nuke. Destro is consistently shorter for me than both Nukes. Z Nuke is controllable so it flies as straight or straighter on low lines than the Destroyer but the Destroyer has a wider margin of error for hyzer angles on low lines. At full power a low drive with the Z Nuke risks turning over and landing short and right.

So now that the wind is calming down here in NC. I was practicing with with my two Z nukes and am really liking them. They are really great calm wind distance drivers.