• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Mark Ellis said:
The Nuke changes how courses play.

The Nuke is amazing.
Yep. It has gotten me some birds on holes I was unable to reach before I started throwing it. It's great. The other day me and some buddies were playing through another group on a 1000+ ft hole. After ripping a huge drive from the fairway on my nuke, a person from the other group asked me if I was using a weighted disc or something. :) The only thing is, I've messed around with my friend's champ Katanas a little and it seems like I could probably get similar results with those. I'm sticking with the Nuke for now because after using it for a couple months I'm finally starting to get it dialed. At first I had a lot more shanks and stalls but now I'm getting a nice full flight out of it most of the time. I don't want to mess with that.

I'm curious how forehand vs. backhand impressions are varying. Mark Ellis, a forehand thrower, having fantastic impressions is interesting. My impressions of the Boss are - backhand, way too touchy and way unreliable because of that nose angle sensitivity. But forehand? An absolute rocket. If Nuke is the same way - it could say something about the way the speed of a disc, as opposed to the stability of a disc, interacts with the spin/speed ratio of the forehand.

AbelRod said:
cjskier said:
AbelRod said:
what are the most stable NUKEs

The proto Nuke is, aka the king aka, the Nuke plus.

yea sure but does it have as much glide as the normal Nuke

Questions have been asked, no-one's admitted to throwing one yet :)

I know Frank Delicious has ordered one, let's hope he gets his soon and shares.

They've been available for a long time (before the Sparkle Z versions) and have been mentioned in this thread. I seem to recall they were very overstable and not very glidey compared to other Nukes.

nuke x's are more overstble than reg nukes, less glide too. i have 6 AND neither of them had the dome of some of the poppy top memorial nukes. however, the nuke x works great in a head wind and still able to punch out there for decent d

booter said:
nuke x's are more overstble than reg nukes, less glide too. i have 6 AND neither of them had the dome of some of the poppy top memorial nukes. however, the nuke x works great in a head wind and still able to punch out there for decent d

How's the stability compared to a boss? How much less glide, non-existant glide or still some left?

eh its been a long time since ive thrown a boss but id say its about as stable as a DF domey boss if not more. ive never really thrown the nuke x in a calm wind,mainly for ridiculous wind situations. i wouldnt say the glide is non existent but it is a little less than the regular nuke. id say mainly because of the smaller dome and increased stability.

(slight necrobump)

I picked up and threw my first ESP Nuke this week. Very fast, bomby disc, but it's a little bit unpredictable at least when compared to destroyers.

I might keep it for wide open distance for a little while, but the extra 20' over destroyers isn't really worth the loss of consistency, at least so far.

I wonder if they've changed since mine handles wind better and is at least but I'd say more consistent than Destroyers. Mine is an early one.

JR said:
I wonder if they've changed since mine handles wind better and is at least but I'd say more consistent than Destroyers. Mine is an early one.

from everything I've read, the first runs and memorial nukes were quite a bit more stable than the production versions. the nukes that I have are super flippy compared to my destroyers.

The more I test my Z Nuke, the more I'm thinking the Destroyer is really the limit of what is comfortable in my hand rim width-wise. Yesterday it was hot as balls (95 with 70% humidity) and sweat was a real issue. I keep a rosin bag and such, but with that giant handle and the Z plastic I could not even get a solid grip yesterday as my hands were never 100% dry and clean. It cooled in the evening and I threw it a couple of times, but it is wild compared to my Destroyers. Currently I'm alternating between stalling it out too high, and flipping it when I try and keep it low. I'm starting to think that perhaps the tree hit I had did make it more flippy because I've turned it just about every time since that hit. Either way, its not even close to Destroyer stability (at least not the domey ones I throw).

victorb said:
dgdave said:
the memorials were flippy too

I'm just going off of what I've heard/read...only ones that I've thrown have been production ESPs, and FR Zs.

Memorials were variable in stability...I heard the whites were stable, but the yellows certainly were flippy.