• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Stuff!!!

My PDGA disc was a black esp storm. Feels like FLX.

Is D-Craft going to re-release the cam todd challenger?? The new d is good but not GREAT like the old cam todd ones.

DiscraftMike said:
There are ESP Storms out there. Black PDGA ESP Storms for new members were ran '07 and '08.
Well that helps me not at all. As of now, they've discontinued all regular-production Storms. It seems like this'd be a good one to re-introduce in ESP. I've never seen a disc fly as straight as my X Storm right out of the box.

I'd be interested in ESP Storms...I knew people that loved their PDGA ones, but I never threw mine because, well, it's black. It does feel nice though.

To help the confusion...There were both PDGA ESP Storms AND ESP Stratuses. I had several Storms before I joined, and got a Stratus when I joined

mzuleger said:
I surprised the Hawk hasn't been released as a Doss signature disc in ESP or whatever

Same here. Especially since that and the MRV were similar and the MRV is gone.

SkaBob said:
To help the confusion...There were both PDGA ESP Storms AND ESP Stratuses. I had several Storms before I joined, and got a Stratus when I joined

Except they hadn't invented the name ESP yet. There were black bottom stamped Crushes made of that same plastic that came out pre-ESP. I can't remember whether they called them X or Z.

slightly? :lol:

More seriously though, the Impact lacks all of the high speed stability that made the Storm as straight as it was...

Except, the 150 class Impact! That thing is too much fun to throw! Mike, ask Darren about the time Rooster parked #7 at Starr with one! Our jaws were on the floor!

I test threw both my Storm and Impact in a field last weekend. My impression was that the Impact definitely wanted to turn over more, and if thrown softly, it had more fade. The Storm had a more midrange-like flight pattern -- DEAD straight.

Flash on steroids? I'm excited, I broke in a D Force thinking it would be close to one, but the glide just isn't there.

adamschneider said:
I test threw both my Storm and Impact in a field last weekend. My impression was that the Impact definitely wanted to turn over more, and if thrown softly, it had more fade. The Storm had a more midrange-like flight pattern -- DEAD straight.

The Storm and MRV are still the Truest flying Discraft mids if you ask me. Plus you can get a Storm a good ways out there.

Was super happy to be able to order Stalkers and Buzzzs that glow - at reasonable prices!

I lose glow discs a lot more than "daytime", so being able to get a steady supply is really nice.

Latest posts