• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

Sorry for the let down man.

Cheer Up

1245.gif

They're only just getting the first ones. And up until now, it has been easy for Nate, Eric, and Paige to keep quiet. But I'm sure DC wants them to leak some juicy words about it, in advance of the official release...

DGCR Rumor 'O the Day:

zenbot said:
My suspicion is that it will look and feel like Gold Line.

The Legacy Clutch putter is a Magnet in Pro D plastic. I also have a Icon Canon in blue that looks and feels exactly like GL. I think that Discraft is pressing Legacy discs and they pre-released Titanium to the Ricos to test.

Not confirmed but it is my suspicion.

If you continue reading in the thread, it is stated that Legacy has already made it clear their discs are made by an outside company. So that rumor is retarded.

it was retarded without any followup. just a dumb, dumb, dumb theory.

Discraft: "We have plastics, we have molds, we have a molding facility. Let's.... ship this shit to California to see what it do!"

Lol i read that on dgcr alao and lol'd. On no level does that make sense, lets hope it was an ultra elaborate attempt to troll everyone

I'll wager that this titanium plastic will not be very different than the Goldline that Lat64 has already been turning out...

Still, I will likely buy a Titanium Buzzz, just because I'm a Buzzz lover. I'd love to see what they could do with the Cyclone, too.

somehow I don't see it making it into the Cyclone mold. I wouldn't mind seeing that. a Titanium Challenger would be interesting for driving though.

McCabe is posting on facebook that this plastic will be released at The Memorial...

i would like to see a ti surge and xs. the surge is a maybe in my mind but the xs will be when hell freezes over i am affraid.

I think speculation is a bit far reaching about which discs would benefit or suffer from the TI treatment because nobody has even fondled the plastic. When some discs of the same general description like wide rimmed drivers behave exactly the opposite with dome height variations between individual discs it is pretty inaccurate to state any claims when one has no data on how TI changes dome and PLH on any mold. Who knows how the TI plastic behaves in different types of discs? It may be great or suck in each mold or be one or the other in some molds and something else in others. A bit too unpredictable if you ask me. My dos centavos.

JR said:
I think speculation is a bit far reaching about which discs would benefit or suffer from the TI treatment because nobody has even fondled the plastic. When some discs of the same general description like wide rimmed drivers behave exactly the opposite with dome height variations between individual discs it is pretty inaccurate to state any claims when one has no data on how TI changes dome and PLH on any mold. Who knows how the TI plastic behaves in different types of discs? It may be great or suck in each mold or be one or the other in some molds and something else in others. A bit too unpredictable if you ask me. My dos centavos.

Nobody has fondled it? That may be overstating it a bit.

As to speculation, don't internet discussion boards thrive on speculation? Wild speculation is the mother's milk of the uninformed.

For any mold which fits well in your hand or for which you have had success with in any plastic, a new plastic formula or blend is exciting. The shape of the mold controls the basic flight characteristics of a disc. The plastic which gets pumped into a mold, in all its possible variations, controls the relatively small details which matter so much to us.

Say, for pure speculative example (after all how would I know?) that one of the molds coming out in Titanium is a Nuke, which I love. Whatever it does is likely to be useful to me. Variations of a beloved theme may well be beloved as well. How it will break in cannot be known by anyone until it happens. I am looking forward to testing them. I already carry at least 6 Nukes. I can probably find a way to fit in another if I like it. More if I love it.

Mark Ellis said:
JR said:

Nobody has fondled it? That may be overstating it a bit.

As to speculation, don't internet discussion boards thrive on speculation? Wild speculation is the mother's milk of the uninformed.

For any mold which fits well in your hand or for which you have had success with in any plastic, a new plastic formula or blend is exciting. The shape of the mold controls the basic flight characteristics of a disc. The plastic which gets pumped into a mold, in all its possible variations, controls the relatively small details which matter so much to us.

Say, for pure speculative example (after all how would I know?) that one of the molds coming out in Titanium is a Nuke, which I love. Whatever it does is likely to be useful to me. Variations of a beloved theme may well be beloved as well. How it will break in cannot be known by anyone until it happens. I am looking forward to testing them. I already carry at least 6 Nukes. I can probably find a way to fit in another if I like it. More if I love it.

Nukes and Z Buzzzes are staples in my bag and i sure am intrested in seeing what TI will do to them. Nate Doss doesn't post here so for us non team members not getting them to fondle or throw is a bit of an issue. DGCR is speculation site more than DGR where some try to be informed. This site was created to gain and spread information about how discs behave after all.

Okay let's be real. We all "know" that the first disc out in this plastic will be the Nuke, Buzzz and Stalker. Stalker is slightly less likely than the Buzzz & Nuke. DC's new deluxe beginner pack now includes a Nuke (Nuke, A-SS, Buzzz, Focus + Bag). We may even see a Titanium A-SS very soon.

stalker is a definite as well as something for emac and doss. the discs released in titanium first will be discs to commemorate each worlds winnings from emac,paige and nate.