• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

keltik said:
I think the Buzzz will most def be in Ti. I think it would be cool if the Buzzz has all three of their names on there. and why not throw some of the old school names on there too.
juju has a really good list. but if you think about the other ND sig discs they are only in one plastic. ND Avengers are X only and ND Surges are ESP only. Titanium Force just sounds cool in general.

But all this makes me wonder if they are going to dump X in general and make ESP the new X.
i really hope they don't get rid of x plastic. I love the x plastic for less stable versions of there other molds. The driver i use most are x xs. the z xs takes forever to beat in.

I dont care whos name is on the disc its coming off anyways with some acetone, elbow grease and towel strokes.

So give me my Buzzz and Drone and bring back theTrick Ti-xtremium.

I still haven't had a chance to ask around. I do recall somebody saying that Discraft had started to work with a new plastics company recently...perhaps this is the first new signature plastic from this partnership. I just want their discs to be more consistent. If this plastic can help deliver that, then it will be great.

Indeed, if this would be step towards greater consistency as well, it'd rock. I doubt it is, but one can hope. I want a titanium NOS now.

MVP has already shown us how to make consistent discs: Be a really anal pedant about the manufacturing process and have insider connections with a plastic producer. =)

I am really starting to look forward to this plastic. I hope it comes out in jan or feb so I can start to buy them before the season starts. btw... looking awesome will get me to buy one or two, but a good feel will get me to buy 1 or more of each mold i throw.

jubuttib said:
MVP has already shown us how to make consistent discs: Be a really anal pedant about the manufacturing process and have insider connections with a plastic producer. =)

you mean produce a small amount of 3 molds. production scale should be taken into consideration. different companies different capabilities. If any company ran discs on the scale that Innova did you would see the same things happen. At MVP you probably have the same 1-2 people doing the machine, where Innova is guaranteed to be more people(who might not be as invested in the company, ie just a job)

zj1002 said:
jubuttib said:

you mean produce a small amount of 3 molds. production scale should be taken into consideration. different companies different capabilities. If any company ran discs on the scale that Innova did you would see the same things happen. At MVP you probably have the same 1-2 people doing the machine, where Innova is guaranteed to be more people(who might not be as invested in the company, ie just a job)
You can always scale up, you just need more pedantic disc nerds to work the machines. =)

innova has a high turnover from what i've heard. the production areas aren't climate controlled. also they were running 11 molding machines in 2007, no telling how many they run now.

Leopard said:
innova has a high turnover from what i've heard. the production areas aren't climate controlled. also they were running 11 molding machines in 2007, no telling how many they run now.

exactly

keltik said:
word on the street is that it's a lot like GL. I heard that on DGCR so take it with a sack of salt.

salt-mine_1669469i.jpg

I just hope whatever it is has an affect on performance and not just looks. GL looks nice but it doesn't fly any different than similar plastics. Feels nice though.

Latest posts