• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Discs you used to bag and love, but then you switched and found a new love ;)

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
For me I used to love the F series by prodigy, but as time went on they just had too little HSS and the F3 (which was my favorite) would either flip too much with power or fade too hard when given hyzer.
I dropped the F2 as well, for the same reasons.

Picked up a TeeBird3 and a Rival.....and basically they ARE what I was looking for in flight.

I still bag the F7 because this F7 was a proto, domey, and 176g....basically its not like any other F7 I've owned, its a beauty and flies great, I also have an ace with it earlier this year.

When it comes time to switch I'm likely going with a legacy patriot or a Leopard.

ps: most recent F5 I picked up was So insanely flippy it was useless, at 175g....and 400G plastic, looked and felt great, flipped like a pancake.

I'm also picking up a Verdict to basically replace my M2, the new M2 I picked up was so straight to flippy that I was shocked, its straight as my heavy M3.....so....I dont need 2 mids doing the exact same thing. Still like the disc, dont get me wrong, just not for that role.....it did fly dead nuts straight with minimal fade so it has a spot in the bag. But a verdict will be for that reliable HSS and fade at the end.

I'm still a Prodigy fan, but mainly for the Pa4 Pa3 M4 M3....those discs are my fav by Prodigy.

just sayin'

Rhyno was my go to for a while, then I started throwing the Big Bead Aviar and its pretty much the same but feels better to me

Wraith/Boss - Used to love them both, then I found destroyers that took their place and never looked back

Omegas got replaced by Judges.
Eagles got replaced by Thiefs.
Fuses got replaced by Colts.
Terns got taken out to disc down to Hatchets.

Rhyno was my go to for a while, then I started throwing the Big Bead Aviar and its pretty much the same but feels better to me

Wraith/Boss - Used to love them both, then I found destroyers that took their place and never looked back

Agreed I started with a destroyer and replaced it with a boss I absolutely loved and played it for a year then went back to the destroyer. With my arm I can get way more out of the destroyer then the boss I underplay.

I also loved the banshee for a mid range and played it like crazy till I finally broke down and joined the buzzz craze. Now I'm huge on the buzzz and the Banshee is gathering dust in the trunk.

I really liked the Star Leopard, and still do. But between the speed 5 mids and the TL (my current all-time favorite), the Leopard got caught up and became redundant.

The Star Coyote is a great disc, but it mainly sits in a box now that I use the Roc3.

The Champion Pink Panther is also an awesome disc. But since the Colt came out, I don't really use the Panther very much for upshots. Now I rotate the Foxbat, Panther, Mako3 and Tangent, and none have really stood out to make the Core bag.

I liked my Blizzard Boss pretty well, but it simply cannot compete with the Wave.

I've bagged buzzes forever. The other day I found a claymore in the used pile of a store. It was love at first throw. It's more workable like a roc, with a little bit of turn and fade, but the nice feeling rim of a buzzz.

I used Omega SS as my putter for a long time, but eventually the Wizard took over that slot.

Leopards and Rivers are fully out, FDs are in.
PD is threatening to kick out every single one of my high speed drivers.

S line FD and PD were added to my lineup this summer, after bagging C line versions of each for a couple seasons now. I love(d) my Bosses and Bolts but they are seeing very little airtime these days.

Aviars and Buzzes are still safe, though the Nova and soft Envy are stealing more and more of the short game.

This list is long so I'll stick with the most recent developments:

Rhyno==>Breaker==>Hawg
Valkyrie==>PD==>Outlaw
Leopard==>Bandit
Voodoo==>Clutch
Banshee==>Firebird
Teebird==>Rival

Just dropped the mold:
Whippet, Mamba, any large diameter "overstable" mid.

Painful subject. Discs I love to throw but don't bag. Brings a tear to my eyes.

Discraft Buzzz
Discraft Comet
Discraft Predator
DGA Tsunami
Prodigy F5
Prodigy PA1 (300/350)
Innova Eagle-X
Innova Wraith
Innova Valkyrie

I still have plenty sitting in boxes that I will randomly throw together for a fun "screw mold minimalism" bag.

Berg K3 has replaced DX Aviar
FD has nearly completely replaced Leopard
PD replaced Beast
Theory replaced CE Shark (which was probably -1.5 understable compared to normal Sharks)

Evo Wizards for driving replaced by RDG Armor Scales
Prodigy PA3s for putting replaced by RDG Fossil Fuel Serpents
Opto Saint for tweener driving replaced by Westside Sampo

Otherwise, my bag has been almost entirely Prodigy for a few years. The only missing spots were a driver between 8-12 (Sampo fits perfectly between F-Series and D-Series) and I didn't LOVE the PA-1 or Wizards for driving putters.

Buzzz
Drone
Zone
Magnet

Boss
Valkryie
Viking
Coyote
Rhyno

All discs I used to throw and love.

Once you reach a certain point though, you find what works and keep things simple.

Preds-used to throw them soo much

now I just throw a Firebird instead, but I still have 20+ lonely preds and it sometimes makes me sad that they don't get thrown

I love wizards.. Just like my nova more. I still think about making a secondary bag with wizards as driving putter and putting putter.

Also the mako. 1st two aces are with two different ones. Loved throwing it but as i started getting beat rocs i preferred hyzer flipping for flat.

Wraith. Such as beast. But destroyers are better.

Secondary bag. Wizards, mako, wraith. Baam baam

Well this is a touchy emotional subject. As my bag was mostly innova and I rarely ever got out and played and then one day the bug crept back in deep as it once had been.

Being addicted to new plastic hasn't helped. And you know, I know their are discs that get taken out of the bag that are being replaced by something new but not necessarily better.

Now that I have a good idea on what my bag should look like and what molds work for me this is getting better.

Really this subject didn't exist 10 plus years ago. Their weren't many options! Now I believe their are actually too many disc co's. Over saturation. I think it will work itself out with competition but right now it's stupid with the amount of molds available.

Cycled Roc's bumped with a Suspect, Verdict and a Truth.
Dart bumped for a Fuzion Judge
Valkyrie bumped for an Escape
River for an S-line FD
Leopard bumped for a Gazelle

Lots of other discs I like that I no longer bag and were never bumped by another, just found I didn't need that particular spot in my bag at all. Beast, Viper, Mako, Meteor, Pure, Spike, XL, etc, etc.