• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Discs you used to bag and love, but then you switched and found a new love ;)

Basically my whole bag from 2 years ago lol but the biggest would be :

Old SSW Sidewinders - Bandit + Mongoose
KC & 11x Teebirds - Rivals
PB and Pro-line Leopards - Patriots
Old DX and KC Rocs - Ghosts

Last edited:
I love Comets and Valkyries. My furthest throws have been with champion valkyries, my most happy "I LOVE DISC GOLF" moments have mostly involved Comets.

But I don't bag them anymore. My mids have been a work in progress but I'm trying out KC Pro Rocs right now. And my drivers have specific jobs so the FD/PD/Tern/Destroyers made the valkyries a jack of all traits but master of none.

Sooooooooooo many, but the most prevalent would be...
Subbing my Firebirds for the XXX

Firebird is more useful as a driver, but as a utility disc, XXX reigns supreme.

2 big ones for me:

Envy took the Rhyno's slot due to more versatile for me.

E Axis knocked out Cryztal Z Buzz. Almost as good, and easier to find (in the market, if not in the shule.)

Agreed I started with a destroyer and replaced it with a boss I absolutely loved and played it for a year then went back to the destroyer. With my arm I can get way more out of the destroyer then the boss I underplay.

I also loved the banshee for a mid range and played it like crazy till I finally broke down and joined the buzzz craze. Now I'm huge on the buzzz and the Banshee is gathering dust in the trunk.

Wait.........what?????

Touchy subject for sure, I love all Eagles but subbed them out for the FD (2nd run and Lizotte stamped C-lines) and dropped Destroyers for PD2 and have turned my back on the MD3 for the Mace. At least until another run of P-line MD3 are in production

Painful subject. Discs I love to throw but don't bag. Brings a tear to my eyes.

Discraft Buzzz
Discraft Comet
Discraft Predator
DGA Tsunami
Prodigy F5
Prodigy PA1 (300/350)
Innova Eagle-X
Innova Wraith
Innova Valkyrie

I still have plenty sitting in boxes that I will randomly throw together for a fun "screw mold minimalism" bag.

Buzzz
Drone
Zone
Magnet

Boss
Valkryie
Viking
Coyote
Rhyno

All discs I used to throw and love.

Once you reach a certain point though, you find what works and keep things simple.

What did you replace these with?

Valkyrie -> ???
My first disc ever, first disc I broke 300' with. Loved the mold. Started trying new plastic and lost/sold/traded my stock away. Just never got around to rebagging them... Just not sure where they'd fit and Stars start out too stable for what a Valk should do, don't want to spend the time beating them in I guess.

Star TL -> DX Teebird
I absolutely love TLs. But mold minimalism, the glide of DX, and all that jazz put the 'bird cycle on top.

Wizards -> Scale
Still the best all around putter on the market, IMO. However, I like something just a bitmore stable for putting(all that time putting with VPs probably), the Scale had other uses in my bag too (see next disc), and I really just like RDG.

VP -> Scale
The VP was MY putter and favorite mold for about two years. So freaking dependable. I used the same baby blue firm for those two years, to the point it was concave and had a much more delayed fade. When I got a practice basket, none of the VPs I bought for my practice stack had the same feel or flight... So I went on a putter search, found the Wizard, used that for a year or so, and then found Scales this winter which could cover both discs' jobs.

Leopard -> DX Teebird/Developing a forehand
-Back in the day, beat to snot DX Leopards were the only way I was going to make a right turn. But now my forehand is just as (if not more so) reliable as my backhand and beat 'Birds cover what a fresh/premium plastic Leopard would do for me.

Laces -> ???
Just don't have the arm for them. The only reason I carry PD2s are for the 30+ mph central IL plains days where I have to fade out hard. But although Laces were inconsistent, a beat, flippy Lace is still the furthest flying disc I've ever thrown.

Ibex/Buzzz/Shark/Fugitive/Comet -> Roc3/Roc Cycles
Ah, my midrange love affairs. Great discs but a variety of Rocs can cover everything they do. I still keep a stack of X Comets on hand in case I lose a beat Roc though.

Mortar/Gator -> Powering down a fairway
Loved these discs, just not sure how necessary they are

KC aviars. Used them as my everything putter mold for many many years. Wizards kicked them to the curb with some serious authority.

Got rid of my Comet and put a use in my bag.

The Fuse comes in nicer plastics and the ESP comet is STILL an limited edition.

Axis has a spot for a while as the straight mid, but Core kicked it out of the bag.

Used to putt with Ions, plastic got too slick when moist, replaced with KC aviars.
Decided to use one of the old Ions for drives and upshots, slick plastic annoyed me again, got replaced by an old chalky wizard I had.
Wizard was getting too beat up and flippy, replaced it with an opto pure. Flies as straight as a slightly beat wizard, and the premium plastic isn't too slick.
I'm considering putting an Ion back in the bag for slightly OS drives though, which is where the Pure can kind of struggle.

I cycle Rocs now with a Z and Ti Wasp for OS needs.

So other mids fell to the wayside.

The Rhyno was replaced with a KC Aviar to keep things simple.

Magnets were replaced with a regular Aviar.

The Boss has been replaced with a Destroyer for that slot.

I don't throw control drivers anymore really as I can put my fairways far enough to not need anything in between them and Destroyers.

I have been trying out a Thunderbird though.

Painful subject. Discs I love to throw but don't bag. Brings a tear to my eyes.

Discraft Buzzz
Discraft Comet
Discraft Predator
DGA Tsunami
Prodigy F5
Prodigy PA1 (300/350)
Innova Eagle-X
Innova Wraith
Innova Valkyrie

I still have plenty sitting in boxes that I will randomly throw together for a fun "screw mold minimalism" bag.
That's a tough question since there wasn't just one switch. Buzzz/Comets got replaced with Rocs, Predator was replaced with a Firebird, Tsunami was replaced with the Eagle-X...Which was then joined by the F5 and both of them replaced by the PD. Wraith was replaced by the Destroyer, Valkyrie was conflicting with the Eagle when I took it out and I have since replaced that slot with a Roadrunner. The PA1 was in my bag only for a short time while I had no beat-in Wizards but I did fall in love with that disc and I still have a couple to throw for fun. Honestly, if Wizards weren't so plentiful and cheap I'd probably have the PA1 in my bag.

Discraft XL==>Lat 64 River
Discraft XS==>Lat 64 Saint
Discraft Comet==>Lat 64 Core
Discraft XPress==>Westside Underworld

Damn you Trilogy and your mystery box..........and damn you Lat 64 and your glide.

Destroyers flew better than Flashes for me.

The Eagle got kicked out of the bag by the Teebird.

The Roc left after the Buzzz showed up and delivered several aces.

Fuses moved in after I lost my Comet.

Wizards proved to be superior to Magnets!

This list is long so I'll stick with the most recent developments:

Valkyrie==>PD==>Outlaw

Just dropped the mold:
Whippet, Mamba, any large diameter "overstable" mid.

How on earth does a PD or Outlaw fill a Valk slot in a bag? That's so utterly ridiculous that it's laughable.

For me, the Atlas kicking the Buzzz out of the bag is probably the most surprising thing that's happened in the Grip for a while.