• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Discs you used to bag and love, but then you switched and found a new love ;)

Teebird -> Eagle
Cyclone -> Eagle
MRX -> Roc

It was kinda tough to finally pull the Z Cyclone and MRX earlier this season. They were the first 2 discs I statred with back in High School but, well, Eagels and Rocs.

How on earth does a PD or Outlaw fill a Valk slot in a bag? That's so utterly ridiculous that it's laughable.

For me, the Atlas kicking the Buzzz out of the bag is probably the most surprising thing that's happened in the Grip for a while.

Perhaps he was listing the evolution of his distance drivers and you just read it wrong.

How on earth does a PD or Outlaw fill a Valk slot in a bag? That's so utterly ridiculous that it's laughable.

Why? It's his choice, not yours.

Why do some people here have to attack anything not in jackbooted lockstep with their ideas?

Perhaps he was listing the evolution of his distance drivers and you just read it wrong.

That's what I'm thinking. Probably got a flippy Outlaw or PD or something. With how OS Star Valks are coming out, you could definitely use them for all drives.

Why? It's his choice, not yours.

Why do some people here have to attack anything not in jackbooted lockstep with their ideas?

Because the idea of the thread was you throw a disc then you throw another like it and you start to love the latter.

"I love the Leopard. Started throwing the Patriot/River. Now I love the Patriot/River."
*This is an example. I actually throw Leopards, not imitations.

It's like saying I replaced my Comet with a Drone.

Increase in distance definitely. I did something very similar but I can't remember it all...I've bounced around the JLS, Valks, AvengerSS, OLFs, Surges, Avengers, things like that. Jeff's no dummy I'm sure there's a method to his madness.

Buzzz replacing a Banshee though? THAT's utterly ridiculous that it's laughable lol

Recently replaced Teebirds with Rivals and Leopards with Patriots. The remainder of my Bag has been pretty steadfast. I dropped the Gator a while ago but am looking to introduce a Bard in its place. I like that it isn't as overstable as a Gator but is more overstable, and pairs well, with my Roc3s

Increase in distance definitely. I did something very similar but I can't remember it all...I've bounced around the JLS, Valks, AvengerSS, OLFs, Surges, Avengers, things like that. Jeff's no dummy I'm sure there's a method to his madness.

Buzzz replacing a Banshee though? THAT's utterly ridiculous that it's laughable lol

mad I tells you mad!

nah, I threw 5x JK valks for a while but they got flippy, PD's filled that spot and I never thought they'd leave my bag either.. When I dropped molds the outlaw is SOOOOO similar to the flight of an s-pd that it was an easy transition. now I carry three outlaws that range from understable to beefy...

Because the idea of the thread was you throw a disc then you throw another like it and you start to love the latter.

Wrong. The thread is simply replacing a disc one likes/liked with another that one likes. Nothing about the replacement being "like it".

Therefore, if the guy replaced one disc with another, it doesn't matter if they aren't carbon copies of each other. And for that person to then be called "ridiculous" is just an ad hominem personal attack upon him for simply stating his opinion that was well within the intent of the thread.

Ergo, I reiterate that some people personally attack anything not in jackbooted lockstep with what they expect to see, rather than accept legitimate other opinions for what they are.

mad I tells you mad!

nah, I threw 5x JK valks for a while but they got flippy, PD's filled that spot and I never thought they'd leave my bag either.. When I dropped molds the outlaw is SOOOOO similar to the flight of an s-pd that it was an easy transition. now I carry three outlaws that range from understable to beefy...
Is there a sure fire way of buying a flippy Outlaw, or is it a matter of luck? I would not mind having one a little easier to turn than my pea green production stamp.

Wrong. The thread is simply replacing a disc one likes/liked with another that one likes. Nothing about the replacement being "like it".

Therefore, if the guy replaced one disc with another, it doesn't matter if they aren't carbon copies of each other. And for that person to then be called "ridiculous" is just an ad hominem personal attack upon him for simply stating his opinion that was well within the intent of the thread.

Ergo, I reiterate that some people personally attack anything not in jackbooted lockstep with what they expect to see, rather than accept legitimate other opinions for what they are.

Chill_pill.gif

Take 2 and call me in the morning.

rather than accept legitimate other opinions for what they are.

Opions are just that, opinions. Everybody is entitled to their own but nodoby should expect any acceptance. Legitimate, now that's subjective. If you put an opinion on the interwebz, be prepared for roughly half of everyone that reads it to disagree.

:waitsforsomebodytoflamemeandmyopinionslistedabove:

@streets, can I get some of those pills too? I like to chill.

^I got 5/6 of a six pack I'll split with you, the best of chill pillz. :hfive:

What did you replace in your bag for the chill pill though? I used to have bitchin' pills, but once I found those chill pills... WOOOEEEE... never looked back.

^ I disagree with you Brent.

I do, however, agree that a PD can't "replace" a Valk.

Replace (v):
: to be used instead of
: to do the job or duty of
: to put someone or something new in the place or position of

Opions are just that, opinions. Everybody is entitled to their own but nodoby should expect any acceptance. Legitimate, now that's subjective. If you put an opinion on the interwebz, be prepared for roughly half of everyone that reads it to disagree.

Stealing a friend of mine's favorite expression:

"Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. However, I will not treat everyone's opinion as though it is of equal correctness"

Stealing a friend of mine's favorite expression:

"Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. However, I will not treat everyone's opinion as though it is of equal correctness"

The DGCR motto right there.

Back to the thread gents... :rolleyes:

I've had a lot of discs in my DG career that I really liked but I have only really fixated on a few for more than a honeymoon phase.

The Roc, Wizard and Teebird have all spent considerable amount of time in my bag.
Currently I am still throwing both the Roc and the Wiz so they don't qualify.

My straight fairway, and most frequently thrown driver, has changed however.
The Axiom Crave has become my bread and butter driver and it has been there for about a year now. I just love everything about that mold. It is just so workable and reliable for a ton of shots. AND I can always count on them coming out nice and flat, which is essential for my "smallish" hands.

^ I disagree with you Brent.

I do, however, agree that a PD can't "replace" a Valk.

Replace (v):
: to be used instead of
: to do the job or duty of
: to put someone or something new in the place or position of

Of course it can. If the person was using a Valk for his main DD, then as he improved in distance the Valk became too US, the PD is a perfect replacement. This isn't even something that reasonable minds could differ on.

Not worth it. Retracted.

Go throw a Valk and try NOT to flip it. Then try to flip a PD.

Last edited: