• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Double Ace? Do you split?

Billym

Eagle Member
I can't seem to get a consensus on what is the way to handle the ace money during a weekly doubles round.
We have a weekly that once a month plays as random doubles. The weekly ace pool stays in play. If you hit it are you obligated to split it with your partner or not? Is this something that is usually agreed to at the start of the round?
I have seen it go both ways but I know mosy folks are keeping all the cash.

you are not required to split but its considered good manners, for me it depends on how much the ace is worth VS how bad i need money at the time. If i hit a big ace pot while im short on cash my partner is most likely SOL :twisted:

beatz said:
your partner having a decent shot gave you the chance to run it.

Not always the case; but I still have no problem splitting it either way.

It depends on Club rules. Our club splits. But personally I think the one who aces gets the money. Your partner didn't hold the disc with you at the same time. If someone were to ace who is my partner, I'd let them have it.

I've heard of this practice but never seen it happen. I can't see a league enforcing it because its only one person who hit the ace. All that being said I would at least hook my partner up with a decent cut of it, but I give my partner a cut when I get the CTP.

I wouldn't accept any money from my parter if he made the ace. That's all him.

If i hit the ace, i'd give my partner $5 for a happy meal.

that's about what i'm good for when my discs go in the water, or over a big fence. One of my friends jump in or over, and i buy 'em a happy meal. XD

Usually here during our doubles it is discussed before hand. If not, whoever hit the ace is in no way obligated to split it. Ive seen guys that the did not want to split, some will split 50/50 and ive heard a 75/25 split but it is almost always discussed before the round.

Also if a club is forceing some kind of split it should be known to everyone who enters the ace fund and the ace fund should be optional.

I will never split an ace with my partner. It is my shot, and mine alone.

But I do like it when someone asks me if I were to hit an ace are we splitting it and I say "Well I was until you asked."

most good hearted partners will just have you keep the money you offered them.

i would offer 50/50 but usually i see the other guys accepting only 25% or accept none of it. most leagues or tournaments you split it any way you want to since you won the money so it is usually a debate with you and your partner.

JohnnyB said:
I wouldn't accept any money from my parter if he made the ace. That's all him.

Good posting... but if my partner insisted, I would suggest that he donate it to the club instead.

I think that its definitely your money, if you feel like being nice and giving your partner some then thats nice but i dont see any reason for a club to tell you that you hve to split it with your partner, after all it was your ace not theirs.