• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

From DD:We are very excited about our bioFuzion product! Fuzion plastic is our premium line. BioFuzion is an effort to help reduce waste through recycling and still providing an exceedingly high quality product. Get ready to celebrate our whole catalog.

I saw where McCabe posted this. If you look through the comments he mentions that the Fuzion plastic molds come out "a hair more stable" than their Lucid counterparts.

any word on their next release of discs? what are the flight paths they are going for...etc.?

In the same comment section on FB, Emac says "we do have a overstable Mid and a straight to stable mid in the works"

:clap:

Threw the Escape a couple times today. It has a much "faster" look to the flight than the Saint, which I insist on comparing it to for whatever reason. Really good glide and a healthy fade and I'm consistently seeing huge vertical skips when it lands, maybe 6' high.

I imagine it'll be different when I can shed a few layers and get a better pull.

I now have one of each of the First Runs. I got some throws in with all of them this afternoon.

Trespass: This is a sword. I haven't rubbed the flash off of my trespass so right now it flies like a more stable Sword. For the record my Swords go ~440 at 0,2 or -0.5,1.5. The Trespass right now goes the same distance but more like 0,3. Maybe once the flash comes off it will fade less or turn more. Don't know yet but I still see it as a Sword. It doesn't do anything drastically different for me to consider it differently.

the Escape is bit different from the Saint but nothing drastic. My Escape also has flash and doesn't turn like my Saints do. The Escape and Saint are still close. I don't throw TeeBirds but this comes close to what I remember of my limited time with the TB. This one and the Saint are on double secret probation for right now. My EX Leo combo is a tough act to follow.

The Fugitive is a good disc. I threw it side by side with my TP Warship. The Warship was understable for me and the Fugitive just flew straight with a baby fade. My statement earlier about the Fugitive being a BB Warship was only about appearance. My Fugitive is 171g so it really sails. I want to try a max weight to see if it is really a workhorse. This disc has a lot of potential.

Judge, I only threw a couple of times today. It's flight reminded me of the Ace Race Focus, kinda flippy for a beaded putter. I threw some "putts" with it (read putting motion aimed at trash cans and light poles) and it really shined there. I only did a few and it was pretty good. I still need to put it on the course and really see what it does. It feels great in the hand rim depth wise. I have a soft one and well I'm not thrilled with it. I prefer stiff putters. I want to try this one again in a stiffer blend. I understand why they opened with a soft putter. they sell.

Forgive my laziness but I know these discs are produced by Lat 64 but are the molds exclusive to DD or are they just renamed Lat 64 discs?

Got to feel some fuzion plastic this weekend, as well as a regular classic judge.

The fuzion feels a lot grippier than gold line plastic, much more in line with how star feels. I think this is a good move by DD, especially if this test run is what they stick with. The regular classic judge was really hard and kind of slick, but then again it was only about 25F outside so I figured it would feel that way being a brand new unthrown disc. I'd like to see something more like zero line for the fugitive and judge so they have a bit more grip to them than the current blend they are trying out.

The more I use the judge, the more I like it. I've hit a decent amount of long putts [60'+ for me] already, and I credit that to the glide and straight flight of the disc. The softer plastic is perfectly fine for the cold conditions. Would like something more firm for summer time though.

For some reason I am really bothered that they did not go to an american company like Discraft, or Innova to produce their discs.

TBH, with all of there relations with both of those companies, they probably did talk to them first, and either 1. It was not financially right for DD to go with them or 2. They were both like F-U. I personally assume its 1. and latitude provide a more financially feasible price for the production of discs.

They are different molds.

The Trespass and Escape feel and fly like existing Lat/WS molds (Sword and Saint respectively.)

The Fugitive and Judge appear to be unique. Now that I think about it the Fugitive is like some of the Wasps I've had in the past. the Judge looks like a GT-less Banger-GT. but that is just my opinion.

For some reason I am really bothered that they did not go to an american company like Discraft, or Innova to produce their discs.

I read somewhere that DD went to Discraft first.

I'd like to see something more like zero line for the fugitive and judge so they have a bit more grip to them than the current blend they are trying out.

The current run of Zero, the Soft Classic used in the Judge and the BT Plastic for the newest run of Swans is all the same.

The Trespass and Escape feel and fly like existing Lat/WS molds (Sword and Saint respectively.)

The Fugitive and Judge appear to be unique. Now that I think about it the Fugitive is like some of the Wasps I've had in the past. the Judge looks like a GT-less Banger-GT. but that is just my opinion.

The Fugitive to me feels like a beaded Flying Squirrel. Much more extreme wing than the Wasp.

I finally got a chance to throw the Judge this weekend. It flew nice and straight off the tee, but the plastic is way too soft. Looking forward to a premium option, but I don't think it'll replace my Pures.

The current run of Zero, the Soft Classic used in the Judge and the BT Plastic for the newest run of Swans is all the same.

Interesting. The zero sinus that I handled this weekend seemed a little more firm, while still grippy. Maybe it was just the difference between the putter and midrange feel of the plastic.

Either way, soft classic is a good blend, like a nice firm gateway SSS. I just hope that the classic is somewhere between soft classic and the prototype plastic that I got to handle this week. Plus, the Judge came out more domey in the harder plastic which I didn't like at all.

Either way, soft classic is a good blend, like a nice firm gateway SSS.

Where are you getting your Judges? I got a white First Run and a pink production stamp, and they're both really floppy. Mine are more like a Soft Magnet in warm weather in feel. Even Saturday in freezing temps, my pink was really flexy. My OG SSS Wizard with three years of heavy use feels like a medium in comparison.

This isn't directed at you solely. I've heard others say this too, and it hasn't been my experience at all.

Last edited:

I would put the fugative between a buzzz and wasp in stability or warship and pain if i compare it to foreign molds