• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

You guys need to get out to California. 55 degrees and cloudy today, with a touch of wind. Real rough stuff to play in. :D Played glow last night and it was about 45 degrees, and we Cali sissy-la-las were complaining about the cold.

Come up to Canada and you wouldnt survive a day, its negative 18 right now which amounts to roughly -1 farenheit with about two feet of snow laying around... I envy you :p

But, I'll throw my two cents in and say this about DD's 4 molds as I have them all...

Pure > Judge in any plastic.. Don't get along with it even indoors throwing at my basket

Escape: Not as easy to control as I had hoped but it can take a ton of power surprisingly enough

Fugitive: My most favored mold out of the four, can take alot of power but what is up with this half increment rating system?

Trespass: Hate it, don't buy it.. Stats are waaaay off for this, longer destroyer my ass!

Tress pass is by far my favorite. Don't know we hat you mean by stats being off. My 171g flies just like a destroyer.

Alright so what are these new discs like? can someone give me a run down of what each disc is similar to, how they fly? Maybe a short review of each one.

There are some decent reviews starting on page 53. Gotta love this ancient forum layout. New disc? How about sort through 300 pages of madness to find the vital information.

1st post guys........received my classic judge and took it to the course. As others have said, it feels a bit like a squished wizard. It feels great on approaches and holds lines very well as long as you don't try to spike it. It is a little fast to the basket but it will definitely get more action very soon. Would love to see it in a premium type plastic.

I'm looking forward to the first disc to have one of the flight numbers end with a .25 or .75 :)
We've got the .5 already as stated above. I do like my Escape so far. Only thrown 5+ times but it sounds really solid when it hits a tree.

So, is it too soon to start speculating on the consistency of the molds?

im my experience with lat/westside they are getting a lot better. But i am wondering if the long trip over the pond has anything to do with this. doubt it but who knows i am bored.

I got my first run escape yesterday in the mail and took it out for a test run. Kind of had mixed reactions on it. I am right side arm. If I kept the disc low and hard it was very straight flying. If I got it up in the air it seemed to finished hard right. It's not broke in yet and still looking for a good arm slot for it. By the end of the round. I think I had figured out a good release point for it and felt pretty good about it. I pretty much played the whole round with my two new drivers that and an opto said saint. So I'm looking forward to mixing it in for normal play

From DD:We are very excited about our bioFuzion product! Fuzion plastic is our premium line. BioFuzion is an effort to help reduce waste through recycling and still providing an exceedingly high quality product. Get ready to celebrate our whole catalog.

thats my biggest concern... and there is a reason I don't throw Lat64 and Westside, love many of their discs but found it too frustrating trying to get replacements that fly the same. And not many TDs carry alot of their lineup. but i learned my lesson many years ago and thats why i bought several identical Trespasses right away.

any word on their next release of discs? what are the flight paths they are going for...etc.?

They have all their discs available with two stamps, regular and first run. What is the difference? Technically, aren't they all first runs?

Probably. I think Innova does the same thing with the proto stars. Both those and the first production runs are probably out of the same "run" per se, but they limit the proto star to a certain number of discs.