• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

And coming soon! Forget Glopto! Laugh at Champystar! Fusion plastic and Lucid plastic will blend for the ultimate...FLACID PLASTIC! Prepare to sorta...kinda get your drive to maximum distance. I swear, this has never happened before...

And coming soon! Forget Glopto! Laugh at Champystar! Fusion plastic and Lucid plastic will blend for the ultimate...FLACID PLASTIC! Prepare to sorta...kinda get your drive to maximum distance. I swear, this has never happened before...

That is some funny sheet right dere :clap::D

a couple of weeks ago a guy threw a shot and it was going low and he kept saying "get up, get up." then another guy said "man your disc is flacid"

true story

Would love to hear other people's feed back on the Judge and Fugitive. I've only briefly talked with George Smith about the new stuff, but he seemed pretty impressed. I've yet to throw any but the Judge, but I must say I'm impressed with it so far.

My quick prognosis of the Judge in classic soft:
A more shallow feeling big beaded putter. I typically don't like big beads but the shape of this putter doesn't bother me as much as say a wizard or kc aviar does.

Fairly high speed stable, but not over stable. Very late fade in the flight, making long anhyzers pretty easy to work. Not over stable enough to handle a mild headwind without standing up out of most normal hyzer angles. Has a good amount more glide than a d challenger does and I've had a tough time adjusting to it off the tee initially.

As for putting, I'm enjoying the classic soft plastic in the cold. It's nice and tacky, but not really floppy. Like a nice synergy between discrafts soft X and gateways SS. Good glide and lot a lot of drop which would probably be conducive to long blow bys for spin style putters when they miss. Not so bad for myself since I use a style that leans primarily toward pitch putting. Grabs chains pretty well, but I can see the softer of the plastics causing a lot of left side spin offs just because it's so grippy. Can't wait to see this one in regular classic plastic.

I have been considering these discs in my own way, but I'm not super excited about them primarily because I haven't held one or even seen one. I love new discs and all that, but without having unlimited funds, I can't justify ordering discs that I don't have much information on. It happened so fast! New manufacturing from a reputable company sounds great, but there weren't any outlets out there saying, "Watch out these discs are the best and this is why you should try them..." For me, and I believe most of the market right now, there are two ways reasons to buy the discs:

1) just trust that DD is rad so they'll make rad discs and buy them
2) give in to my plastic addiction and go out on a limb

Neither inclination struck me. I mean, this thread is titled "DD making their own discs"! People are still surprised by this move. It hasn't even been a month...

it would be great if dd did not price gouge their own line like they do with other discs. That might give some more faith to buy their product.

it would be great if dd did not price gouge their own line like they do with other discs. That might give some more faith to buy their product.

Oh lord, let's not get into this crap again. Hasn't this been beaten to death? Yes, DD charges premium prices for limited discs, but their prices are driven by the market. Their regular discs are priced comparably to everyone else.

Oh lord, let's not get into this crap again. Hasn't this been beaten to death? Yes, DD charges premium prices for limited discs, but their prices are driven by the market. Their regular discs are priced comparably to everyone else.

They wanted $20 for some buzzz ss misprints. I asked about the price and was told it was because they were the McCabe ones and would be worth $75 in a couple years. The only way it will happen is if the dollar loses that much value.

They wanted $20 for some buzzz ss misprints. I asked about the price and was told it was because they were the McCabe ones and would be worth $75 in a couple years. The only way it will happen is if the dollar loses that much value.

It's an OOP disc. As I said, the limited stuff, they upsell (as does every other retailler out there). If they can't move it at that price, they reduce it. That's capitalism. The normal discs are priced competitively.

Would love to hear other people's feed back on the Judge and Fugitive. I've only briefly talked with George Smith about the new stuff, but he seemed pretty impressed. I've yet to throw any but the Judge, but I must say I'm impressed with it so far.

My quick prognosis of the Judge in classic soft:
A more shallow feeling big beaded putter. I typically don't like big beads but the shape of this putter doesn't bother me as much as say a wizard or kc aviar does.

Fairly high speed stable, but not over stable. Very late fade in the flight, making long anhyzers pretty easy to work. Not over stable enough to handle a mild headwind without standing up out of most normal hyzer angles. Has a good amount more glide than a d challenger does and I've had a tough time adjusting to it off the tee initially.

As for putting, I'm enjoying the classic soft plastic in the cold. It's nice and tacky, but not really floppy. Like a nice synergy between discrafts soft X and gateways SS. Good glide and lot a lot of drop which would probably be conducive to long blow bys for spin style putters when they miss. Not so bad for myself since I use a style that leans primarily toward pitch putting. Grabs chains pretty well, but I can see the softer of the plastics causing a lot of left side spin offs just because it's so grippy. Can't wait to see this one in regular classic plastic.
Im gonna get to throw them all this weekend, wanna throw these side by side with the discs theyre being compared to and see whats up.

Well Bro D and I went to PIAS in Winston-Salem after our round in Yandkinville and they had the first runs there. I bought a Trespass and a Fugitive both in the opaque Pink and both 171g. 171 is a bit light for my taste in mids but I'll give it a shot. the Trespass is a tweaked Sword all the way. the Fugitive is not what I thought. It's like a big bead Warship but not really. It's very wasp like in feel and appearance.

Got to fondle the Judge and the Escape. The Escape is the Saint. I held a Saint and an Escape side by side and they are the same. The Judge was a big surprise. It's unlike other Lat/WS molds I've seen (haven't fondled a Sinus though). It is very Wizard/Focus like in appearance but shallower in feel. It's a good feeling disc but I'd rather have a firm one. I will probably pick one of those up if they make them stiff. It is not like a Mercy at all. It has a fat bead.

I just need some more rest and maybe I'll get some throws in tomorrow.