• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

I have never seen less interest in a release of discs/new brand on here in a long time...kinda surprising

I see two main reasons.
1) Released Dec 14th....11 days before Christmas. People's money is tied up elsewhere. After the holidays it could pick up.

2) Not exactly the best weather to be out getting your disc on and trying new stuff.
acttemp_600x405.jpg

Personally I am glad. I got to buy 1 of each. Test them, hop back online and buy me up a few more Trespasses of the same exact run, color, and weight. Thats :thmbup::thmbup: in my book.
I suspect late in the spring DD will explode. With all their tournament support their discs will be picked up by curious tournament players. I guarantee that they will be well liked...well maybe not the fugitive.

I would like the judge better if it was straight zero plastic. I like the bead, it fits my hand better.

You do know that there is only a 1mm difference in rim thickness between the Trespass (21mm) and Escape (20mm), right?

I did not know that, no. I just looked at the speed rating and assumed.. I was throwing Beasts earlier this year, and they're about the widest rim I am comfortable with, the same width as the Escape. The Trespass looks on par with a Wraith, which is okay in my hand, but I don't get Wraiths up to cruising speed and even most of my Beasts don't turn at all. I haven't thrown the Escape much, but I already feel like it's acting more speed-stable than mold-stable. I'm predicting I'll still get better action and similar if not more distance from Teebirds, but I'll give 'em a shot anyway. Additionally, I'll make it a point to look at the specs more and trust the flight ratings even less.

I thought speed rating was based more on rim width than anything, how are these 9 and 12 when by more familiar standards they would/should be 10 and 11?

anyone else wonder if innova finally releasing a champ roc is to flood the market with discs people want? slow the purchase of other discs no?

did Dynamic Discs send any testers out?

Steve Dodge built up a lot of interest sending out prototypes and discs to about 50 people not a ton of money but the success was clear when they were released everyone wanted to try out the VP now they have 10 molds.

I was told the Judge is already out in all of the plastics. It's just the mid and drivers that haven't been run in all plastics yet.

Their site doesn't seem to list anything but Classic Soft.

I got two sets with First Run stamps. One's a gift. I'll throw them when spring rolls around - I don't think I'll ever be a "collector" - I don't see the point in buying something in order to make $5 profit two years from now or something. :)

What plastic is your judge?

It's only out in the classic soft. I meant I'm back to wizards until the Judge comes out in the regular classic (firm) I do like the Judge in the soft but not as much as a soft wizard for in the circle putting right now. I've used it off the tee though and it's got great glide and stability. The low profile comes out of my hand with no issues. A lot like an opto pure but floppy.

I think once the Judge is out in all four plastics I will have a pair in the hard classic and one in lucid and fusion for upshot and tee driving.

What plastic is your judge?
Non-FR Classic Soft....the only plastic it has been released in....???

I haven't thrown the Escape much, but I already feel like it's acting more speed-stable than mold-stable. I'm predicting I'll still get better action and similar if not more distance from Teebirds, but I'll give 'em a shot anyway.
I'm not a big arm by any means (400' consistent long drives) and at about 350' of power the Escape turns and does not fade back at all. My Star Valk has more stability than that at that distance. Definitely speed stable.

Additionally, I'll make it a point to look at the specs more and trust the flight ratings even less.
This! I really wish more stores and companies would show profiles of the disc. It is far easy to tell the potential flight from that than arbitrary flight numbers. The thing that gets me about flight numbers...at what power and angle is it being released at? are they getting those numbers throwing 300' with a flat release? or at 400' with a 15* hyzer release? When I test a disc I try to release it as flat as possible and the distance depends on the purpose of the disc, generally try for 350':drivers, 300':control drivers 250':middies.

I thought speed rating was based more on rim width than anything, how are these 9 and 12 when by more familiar standards they would/should be 10 and 11?
From my limited "studies" in aerodynamics back in college....width has some to do with it but wing shape is much much more critical. even material has a descent factor in the equation. Lat64s speed 13s aren't even that thick (like 22-24mm). I just think they have a way better plastic and more thought out design than most manufacturers.

I'm not a big arm by any means (400' consistent long drives) and at about 350' of power the Escape turns and does not fade back at all. My Star Valk has more stability than that at that distance. Definitely speed stable.

Weird, I let my buddy throw mine, he's got 350' easy and a current issue with rolling his wrist (which was particularly bad on these throws from what I saw) and they still fought out of the turn and faded. How's the dome on yours? Mine are very high.

I'll have to wait til its warm out again to put them back in my bag, I've been pretty stiff lately and not throwing anything all that well.

I can't say with any certainty there isn't a stability difference on the Escapes but I'm about a 350-400' player and there is no way I'm turning it over and it never comes back. I'd sure like to see the form on that throw but I'm sure they vary some. I've cranked on mine with slight anny in a headwind and it fought back to the left side of the fairway. Still waiting on more results to see if mine is a freak of stability.

How much of a difference would it be between a 178.9 River in Tournament plastic from an escape. My heavy river flies similar to a Teebird.

Weird, I let my buddy throw mine, he's got 350' easy and a current issue with rolling his wrist (which was particularly bad on these throws from what I saw) and they still fought out of the turn and faded. How's the dome on yours? Mine are very high.

low dome, red clear, 173g. Looking at the PLH it is VERY low on mine.
I threw it with a slight hyzer to flat. in all wind types and no wind, it turned (not burned) and no fade back. Even tried throwing it like a leopard for long straight distance and it turned over and had a tiny bit of fade back.
Trespass Flies awesome tho! Long flat and straight!

low dome, red clear, 173g. Looking at the PLH it is VERY low on mine.
I threw it with a slight hyzer to flat. in all wind types and no wind, it turned (not burned) and no fade back. Even tried throwing it like a leopard for long straight distance and it turned over and had a tiny bit of fade back.
Trespass Flies awesome tho! Long flat and straight!

Interesting. Mine is very domey and much more opaque than clear. Is it a first run stamped escape? Can you post some pics of plastic clarity and profile?

Interesting. Mine is very domey and much more opaque than clear. Is it a first run stamped escape? Can you post some pics of plastic clarity and profile?

Ya the "opaque" ones are pink and yellow. My opaque Trespass is AWESOME! Very Stable! (not overstable)
8303876825_33fc9aac77.jpg

***there is a piece of black paper underneath each disc.***

Will there be a GL version of these discs? If so, any time frame ever mentioned?