• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Also, even though Latitude is molding their discs. Having a company like DD jump into disc manufacturing is going to take some getting used to. It's not like MVP, Lat, or Innova releasing their new disc. We have reasonable expectations from them when it comes to plastic releases. We have experience and trust built up (despite many opinions on here about Innova, they still have the largest fanbase in the business). Whereas DD is still a relative unknown in the disc-making world.

Not to mention the release was put together so fast we barely had a chance to get our feet planted before they hit the shelves. Not much time for anticipation to build.

I have both and throw them both. Maybe I have a more stable Escape than others but they are quite different for me in flight despite the profiles being very similar. My GL Saint is very straight. Not a lot of turn but not much fade either.

The Escape I have when thrown flat will turn some but have a lot more fade at the end. It has been giving me similar results to a slightly beat in C-PD.

I can't say how similar the escapes are flying across the weights and colors but my domey yellow 173g has plenty of stability to make it compliment my saint.

This has been my experience with my pink 169g, too.

Does anyone know when the fugitive and escape are scheduled to be released in the classic plastic? A DD sponsored pro told me it's going to happen, but he didn't say when.

I've asked but I didn't get anything that resembled a clear answer. I don't actually know if they know. I've put the wizards back in my bags but I will try the judge again in classic once it comes out. I really would like a Fugitive and the two drivers in a softer grippier Gold Line like Fusion plastic. The lucid is great but I think it will take ages to break in like opto.

I don't know if there is so little interest in these. In the area where they have brick and mortar stores I think they have been selling great. They did a demo down at Peter Pan park last weekend I just didn't make it down, I already had my set of thrower first runs. I think they sold them at a discount though. Really cool they do that locally. I just think the timing of the release, the fact it was four molds from a known manufacturer, and the fact all the people are leaving their sponsors has made the release a little less exciting but the performance and look/feel of these discs is far from disappointing to me. I can't wait for the understable compliments to these.

The Judge is a good putter. I like the feel and release. I was putting firm with it and it flew straight to the chains and held the chains very well.

I haven't driven with it, nor have I tried it on finesse approaches... so I can't give it a full review, but in the circle -- good putter.

I bought mine at their store in Lewisville, TX. They appear to be selling well there.

Do you know if they did a demo and sales thing there too? I got a text from a friend who said they were doing it that day and there wasn't much advanced knowledge of it. They may have put it on facebook that day I didn't see it. I thought it was a cool way to gain even more local support and put a few discs in the hands of people who play here.

Maybe because they are so close to what Latitude already molds.

You're probably right.
And it is kind of a rough time to introduce a new line when only 1/3 of the players can go out and test them.

I am still somewhat surprised.

I was expecting more user reviews and quality/flight paths/etc... feedback. I haven't bought any yet...but it's because I'm broke...not for lack of interest.

Judge: I'm happy w/pures. unless I start hearing it's a "better Pure" (in which case I'm going to respond with "INCONCEIVABLE!") I'm not interested.
Fugitive: not digging these sort of speed-6 mids.
Escape: bought two. I've played 3 rounds w/em in my bag, but haven't thrown them much due to technical courses/icy pads/etc.
Trespass: Wide rim = :gross:

You're probably right.
And it is kind of a rough time to introduce a new line when only 1/3 of the players can go out and test them.

I am still somewhat surprised.

I was expecting more user reviews and quality/flight paths/etc... feedback. I haven't bought any yet...but it's because I'm broke...not for lack of interest.

I wanted to buy some cool new, Swedish plaastic, but there doesn't appear to be enough difference in the molds to make it worth my while. With my meager ability I am better off just practicing, and learning my current discs better. If I didn't already have a bunch of Rivers, Saints, Volts, Diamonds, Cores, Fuses, Pains and Pures I'd probably order a few of each. But for people like me there has to be a more compelling reason to buy the new discs. In this case, there is nothing exciting unless you are a huge DD supporter or fan.

I know, but they seem to be in the same class as the new driver from DD and the Saint. My point was I have enough similar discs. Heck, I didn't even list the new Amps sitting in my storage bin, or my Warships.

I'm an equal opportunity disc whore, not just a Latitude fan. :D

Do you know if they did a demo and sales thing there too? I got a text from a friend who said they were doing it that day and there wasn't much advanced knowledge of it. They may have put it on facebook that day I didn't see it. I thought it was a cool way to gain even more local support and put a few discs in the hands of people who play here.

A small tourney was held where you could enter for 25 bucks and they gave you a Judge and Fugitive to play with that day. They only gave about a weeks notice and it didn't seem like it was that big of a deal. They did it before the disc was released. After the release, I don't know of any demos or specials.

I saw them on sale today at the Quick Stop in Arlington, TX.

A small tourney was held where you could enter for 25 bucks and they gave you a Judge and Fugitive to play with that day. They only gave about a weeks notice and it didn't seem like it was that big of a deal. They did it before the disc was released. After the release, I don't know of any demos or specials.

I saw them on sale today at the Quick Stop in Arlington, TX.

I played that 2 disc challenge. Today I played the ace race and used all judges and got 9 metals.

I've asked but I didn't get anything that resembled a clear answer. I don't actually know if they know. I've put the wizards back in my bags but I will try the judge again in classic once it comes out.

The judge is out in classic. I have a bunch of them. So does the DD Lewisville store.

Judge: I'm happy w/pures. unless I start hearing it's a "better Pure" (in which case I'm going to respond with "INCONCEIVABLE!") I'm not interested.
Fugitive: not digging these sort of speed-6 mids.
Escape: bought two. I've played 3 rounds w/em in my bag, but haven't thrown them much due to technical courses/icy pads/etc.
Trespass: Wide rim = :gross:

I would like the judge better if it was straight zero plastic. I like the bead, it fits my hand better.

You do know that there is only a 1mm difference in rim thickness between the Trespass (21mm) and Escape (20mm), right?