• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Is the plastic as nice as Lat 64's blends?
it is the same thing as opto, it is a little more slick than traditional opto, but new runs have been slicker as of late

Would it be fair to say The Fugitive will overlap with a Roc and the Trespass will overlap with Destroyers, but an Escape won't overlap with a Teebird?

I want to pick up one of these discs to try out, but I'd like it to have a shot at making the bag.
to me the fugitive is an understable roc

it is the same thing as opto, it is a little more slick than traditional opto, but new runs have been slicker as of late

to me the fugitive is an understable roc

I don't know that I would call the fugitive understable. It does have a touch of turn, but it's not significant, and certainly not meteor/stingray/kite unerstable.

I'm surprised with as many pros switching companies that these first runs didn't get eaten up faster. Dynamic puts out 4 discs at once and people are like "cool, but did you get a roc 3 yet?" lol I dont get it

new discs are nice and even though they are DD discs from Lat 64 there is no track recoird of them being any good yet. Some people love them but as more people get a chance to ty them out and once all the news breaks, I am sure the hype will increase

I'm surprised with as many pros switching companies that these first runs didn't get eaten up faster. Dynamic puts out 4 discs at once and people are like "cool, but did you get a roc 3 yet?" lol I dont get it

This is because a lot of the pros are going to the new company called Prodigy, not DD. I've heard of more pros leaving DD now due to conflicts of interest with other disc companies than I have pros joining DD.

Im fairly sure that DD is going to continue in its disc retail venture, is this correct? By this I mean, theyre going to still sell other brands intheir stores and online right?

I'd say it's really a worse deal for the pros with multiple sponsorships. Hopefully Innova et al. has offered a lucrative enough package to keep people out there and able to continue elevating the highest level of play. Not that DD alone caused the new restrictions for sponsorships, but I imagine it has certainly played a big part.

Im fairly sure that DD is going to continue in its disc retail venture, is this correct? By this I mean, theyre going to still sell other brands intheir stores and online right?
Considering that they have three brick and mortar shops, and likely couldn't make those ventures work by selling just their house discs, I would hope so. I in fact would not be surprised if their relationship as a retailer with Discraft continued.

What a terrible deal for other manufacturers lol

Yeah, I don't think the manufacturers are going to care. DD has to pay for the discs they order from them up front. It may mean DD orders less overall, but it's probably better for the other manufacturers that DD keeps selling their stuff rather than only selling DD's discs instead.

Im thinking of it like this. Theyre taking innova stuff, selling it, using the profit to directly compete with them by having their own brand made. Makes no sense. They may be a small threat to their business if any threat at all but, its the principle of the matter. Why compete against yourself? Which is essentially what they (innova/dc/whatever) would be doing.

I'd say it's really a worse deal for the pros with multiple sponsorships. Hopefully Innova et al. has offered a lucrative enough package to keep people out there and able to continue elevating the highest level of play. Not that DD alone caused the new restrictions for sponsorships, but I imagine it has certainly played a big part.

Those restrictions were in place for innova and DC long before DD got into the disc making/brand havin business

Im thinking of it like this. Theyre taking innova stuff, selling it, using the profit to directly compete with them by having their own brand made. Makes no sense. They may be a small threat to their business if any threat at all but, its the principle of the matter. Why compete against yourself? Which is essentially what they (innova/dc/whatever) would be doing.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I suspect DD is a pretty big fish. I think cutting of sales to them would probably hurt Innova and Discraft a good bit. Maybe not as much as Walmart, Dicks, Academy, etc., but it would be noticed.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I suspect DD is a pretty big fish. I think cutting of sales to them would probably hurt Innova and Discraft a good bit. Maybe not as much as Walmart, Dicks, Academy, etc., but it would be noticed.

I think it would kill DD to not have other manufacturers stuff to sell. It would surely be noticable for innova/dc but, like i said, in business it doesnt make sense to fund your competitor. Its not like there are any shortage of places to sell their discs to. But if DD had to rely on DD,Lat,WS, running tournaments and selling clothes, i think theyd be boned

DGV doesnt sell discraft, and that is what this is like Imo, if that happened it would defeat the purpose

Those restrictions were in place for innova and DC long before DD got into the disc making/brand havin business

Even the bag and clothing restrictions? It seemed that everything was copacetic until DD became a disc maker. Would Innova tightening up their team have happened without DD making that move (and DGP of course)? Honest question there, no smartassery.

I think it would kill DD to not have other manufacturers stuff to sell. It would surely be noticable for innova/dc but, like i said, in business it doesnt make sense to fund your competitor. Its not like there are any shortage of places to sell their discs to. But if DD had to rely on DD,Lat,WS, running tournaments and selling clothes, i think theyd be boned

DGV doesnt sell discraft, and that is what this is like Imo, if that happened it would defeat the purpose

I'm not convinced that DGV doesn't sell Discraft because of Innova's choice, not because discraft won't sell to them. DD wants to sell Innova, Discraft etc.

I'm not convinced that DGV doesn't sell Discraft because of Innova's choice, not because discraft won't sell to them. DD wants to sell Innova, Discraft etc.

Exactly. Dgv/innova is a competitor, why would dc let profits from their product go to the competition?

Even the bag and clothing restrictions? It seemed that everything was copacetic until DD became a disc maker. Would Innova tightening up their team have happened without DD making that move (and DGP of course)? Honest question there, no smartassery.

Bags for sure and discs for sure, clothing is weird, if say UB made cam a shirt, it would also have to have innovas logo, see what im sayin?

A handful of players wanted to rock prodiscus bags and couldnt because they made discs and innova/dc wouldnt allow it

Innova and Discraft would not be scared of DD as a manufacturer. Or, more accurately, DD the retailer is more valuable than DD the manufacturer is a threat. Weighed against each other, there's really no good business reason for them to not let DD keep selling their discs.

Latest posts