• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

so Escape doesn't = Saint?

it's beefier?

I looked at the profile pic again

I'll say this

not Saint but the soon to be released Westside Stag
I'm not sure if Westside would be cool with announcing a new mold for spring 2013 and DD coming out with the "same" disc months before them.

Sure they may be similar, but at this point what is not similar to somwthing else.

so Escape doesn't = Saint?

it's beefier?

I looked at the profile pic again

I'll say this

not Saint but the soon to be released Westside Stag

Mine is. They are very similar but again different plastics. I don't throw opto saints so maybe they are ever bit as stable as the lucid escape I don't know for sure but I can tell you my GL saint is flatter in profile and way less movement side to side in the flight. The escape is harder to turn for me and fades quite a bit more. It flies more like my PD at this point. It's an enjoyable disc for me to throw and like Tony I pulled a Z XL from my bag to make room. Not that mine throws like the XL just needed the room. If I had to compare the escape to a discraft disc it would be the avenger hands down. Maybe I just have a freakishly stable one I am anxious for others to get their's and we'll see.

Let's hear some more about the Escapes! I'm ...well, I don't have tracking info for my order, hopefully they'll be in my mailbox when I get home, until then I'm curious to hear more. Some have said they turn over well, and some say they're PD-like. Very confusing.

I went home on my lunch break, and in my mail-box was my new 175 Lucid Escape. :clap:

Took it to the park, threw it about 5X. :D:D

It's hard for me to compare it to anything, and give it an honest review due to the fact that I can't throw anything consistent. I can throw on avg 320-350 max with my drivers. This was in the same range. It flew straight. Little turn. Little fade at the end. Monster skip to it. It's a keeper in my bag for sure. Will most likely push out my TL. Maybe even become my main driver due to the accuracy of it. Usually I'm all like..:doh:. and this disc is more like :hfive:

Just got mine today. Was dark when I got home so I didn't throw them yet. But initial fell wise and looks:

All Standard Runs no "First Runs"
Judge, 174g, Red: Grippy! Soft but keeps it shape. Threw in house between me and buddy, was smooth a straight. Looks like its a Pure with a big bead. Feels great and may be my Winter putter.

Fugitive, 175g, Clear Blue: Feels just like opto. Looks like a Core with a bigger bead.

Escape 173g, Clear Red: Feels just like Opto. low dome with thin rim edge and a tiny bit of shoulder. Reminds me of a Striker but with a little bit more agressive "bead" or lip.

Trespass, 171g, Opaque Pink: Feels Great! Grippier than the Clear but a lil softer flight plate. Flattish Dome, low profile shoulder. Looks like a thicker rim OLF or Striker. Really excited to throw this one.

I will do my best to throw them tomorrow and report back

Here's a review from DGR

Trespass- very destroyer-esque, like early runs. Some turn with a decent fade. Fast long and glidey. Tossed 420-450

Escape- very valk-esque. More tun than trespass and very late fade. Very good glide and sneaky long. Tossed 380-410

Fugitive- very domey esp comet-esque with more speed and not quite the glide. Pretty damn straight, slight turn slight fade. Tossed 320-340

Judge- wizard/classic roc baby. Pretty straight, little bit of turn and small fade. Pretty good glide when thrown, but loses it quick with little spin. Plastic isn't floppy in the least bit. Like soft X or SS gateway. Tossed 300-310. Dropped off fast and hard on putts. Kinda weird, but I'm used to wizards.

I got all opaque stuff and its really grippy and not real stiff. Overall I'm pleased. Really looking forward to a stiff judge.

I threw the fugitive a lot this weekend on the DN driving range. It was being thrown side to side with a Roc3

It has a lower overall height compared to other beaded mids but it's not shallow. The fugitive glides for days which is rare for a beaded mid. It actually reminds me a lot of a beat up Q-Sentinel. The disc wants to go straight. It's not the best flat hyzer disc, it tended to push out somewhat like a Vectore when flat. The disc is really fun to throw on tight flex shots. I could put it on a straight line with slight anny and it holds it straight for 80% of the flight before it stables up and fades forward.

It's a straight line disc, for all types of lines. To me it's not as good as the Roc at moving side-to-side while retaining reliable flight. It's shaped nothing like a buzz but is closer in flight to it than a Roc or Wasp, especially in premium plastic

Let's hear some more about the Escapes! I'm ...well, I don't have tracking info for my order, hopefully they'll be in my mailbox when I get home, until then I'm curious to hear more. Some have said they turn over well, and some say they're PD-like. Very confusing.

thats because Lat64 isnt consistent throughout runs. you have to pay attention with a few things when it comes to them; PLH, Dome, and Clear/Opaque. Those 3 factors seem to be their wildcards. Also if you can look at ther disc selection, you can tell if they are a torque player or not.
One thing Lat64 is the best at is making discs that glide straight and long. So high hopes for the Trespass. Disc is making me gitty....lol

If you look at my bag you can see I'm not stranger to Lat64 plastic. :) I got my Escapes in the mail today, but I tweaked a back muscle this weekend, so I dunno how much mustard I'll be able to put on them when I go out tomorrow. Hopefully it's loosened up by the weekend for doubles.

I took a comparison shot with a bubblegum opto Saint (left) and my sadly not bubblegum, just pink Escape (right). I got a 166g and 175g Escape and the PLHs are the same, dome is the same, if the weight wasn't printed on the bottom I'd they they were identical. Same stiffness as opto, not as pretty visually. The opaqueness varies, some spots look a little dirty even though they aren't. This is something I'm used to seeing in Champ but never have in Opto before. I was hoping for the opaque bubblegum pink opto. Oh well. Tomorrow they hit the skies!

Attachments

• IMG_20121217_191014.jpg
    IMG_20121217_191014.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 95
^maybe it's the angle, but those don't look the same to me... the disc on the left (saint) has a thicker and blunter nose, higher parting line, and less of a curved wing.

^maybe it's the angle, but those don't look the same to me... the disc on the left (saint) has a thicker and blunter nose, higher parting line, and less of a curved wing.

I think he was saying the two Escapes he got were identical except for weight, but the pic is a Saint and an Escape.

Threw me for a loop for a minute too.